Solstice

JoeyT

Is anyone planning on doing something for this?

I'm very much toying with the idea of going to Glastonbury Tor. Not sure if they will be trying to stop a gathering there though? Think I read somewhere they weren't opening Stonehenge.

Sunrise is at 4.53am so shouldn't be too difficult to make it there with a 5 month old as my alarm call during the night!

8 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Pretty sure that going to The Tor for solstice is being discouraged.

Also pretty sure that many will still try to go.

It's only just down the road so think I'll give it a go and it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't work out.

Having watched this video of last year, the deal is definitely sealed. Beautiful!

I recollect that a few weeks ago Glastonbury town authorities were discouraging folk from visiting the area. Sad for us, we had a pre festival break in the town booked that would have included the solstice and had planned a Tor visit.  A week in the town then the festival, we’ve been looking forward to it all year🙁.  So it’s onward to next year!  Plenty hills round here to do a solstice climb but not the same feeling as sitting on the Tor summit.  Might try this one! 

C943970C-7CF0-469C-97F6-1BCA95022D33.thumb.jpeg.6f7f917f71c26b80247187e80cc0be20.jpeg