Jump to content

Slam Dunk Festival 2021


foolee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gutted about Billy Talent. Hopefully they get booked for next year. 

 

Are most of the bands that haven’t been announced American? Could be a reason why. I know there are some American acts announced but the pay check may only be worth it for the bigger acts if they can’t play any other festivals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, foolee said:

Gutted about Billy Talent. Hopefully they get booked for next year. 

 

Are most of the bands that haven’t been announced American? Could be a reason why. I know there are some American acts announced but the pay check may only be worth it for the bigger acts if they can’t play any other festivals. 

I think Young Guns might be one of the few British bands not re-confirmed for this year, can't see any others from memory

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I right in thinking the Dickies stage is in need of some additions still? Wonder Years, Motion City Soundtrack and I Am the Avalanche all not back and none of the new additions really fit the genre for that stage. Any ideas who could be good replacements?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Am I right in thinking the Dickies stage is in need of some additions still? Wonder Years, Motion City Soundtrack and I Am the Avalanche all not back and none of the new additions really fit the genre for that stage. Any ideas who could be good replacements?

Dinosaur Pile-Up, Nova Twins, Nothing, nowhere

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone that's been to Leeds Temple Newsam site how are the shuttle buses from the centre to the festival and back to the centre at the end of the night, is it busy/a long wait? Or is it easier to get a taxi/uber? Also, is the students union after party any good? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Given this going ahead without them pissing off their entire audience is completely dependent upon the ability of US acts to travel here, is there not a significant risk still compared to other fests that are uk and euro only?

cant see anyone wanting to go if all the US acts have to pull out for instance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2021 at 10:44 AM, foolee said:

Anyone that's been to Leeds Temple Newsam site how are the shuttle buses from the centre to the festival and back to the centre at the end of the night, is it busy/a long wait? Or is it easier to get a taxi/uber? Also, is the students union after party any good? 

Shuttle buses are plentiful (although you will queue a bit) and operate from near leeds train station (a short walk away from it) we left before the end in 2019 to beat the rush so cant really comment on what its like leaving after the end, but i imagine quite slow and busy! 

Havent tried an uber but could be a good shout as its not really that far in distance from the city centre so if there was a few of you then that would be fine getting there. Not sure uber would be easily done on leaving tho.

havent been after party, imagine it would be a laugh if youve got the energy and had a few drinks!

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Given this going ahead without them pissing off their entire audience is completely dependent upon the ability of US acts to travel here, is there not a significant risk still compared to other fests that are uk and euro only?

cant see anyone wanting to go if all the US acts have to pull out for instance

I think the vaccination program is going pretty well in the US and that most adults are going to be done by the end of July so I’d assume travel will be allowed to the UK. 

I guess if travel isn’t allowed they’d know in enough time to let people know and change the lineup slightly/have less stages etc. I guess it might put people off and some would get refunds but I’d assume most would just want to get to a festival regardless of the lineup?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If some bands can't make it, they can't make it. We should be ecstatic that we are (hopefully) getting a festival at all after the year we've had. 

Something I've noticed a bit recently is people who were giving it 'I miss gigs so much' 'I can't wait for gigs/festivals to return' etc. complaining that they aren't quite enough bands on the line up they like or that prices have gone up a bit. You didn't miss it that much then, did you. Don't go, there will be a thousand others waiting in line behind you.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If some bands can't make it, they can't make it. We should be ecstatic that we are (hopefully) getting a festival at all after the year we've had. 

Something I've noticed a bit recently is people who were giving it 'I miss gigs so much' 'I can't wait for gigs/festivals to return' etc. complaining that they aren't quite enough bands on the line up they like or that prices have gone up a bit. You didn't miss it that much then, did you. Don't go, there will be a thousand others waiting in line behind you.

If travel restrictions are in place that could mean, at worse, 50-70% of the line up having to pull out. If that does happen, I think Slam Dunk will still go ahead and they could replace a decent chunk of that with presumably weaker line up with mainly British bands though I think it would be pretty dodgy if Slam Dunk didn't at least offer some sort of compensation.

That being said I'm getting my weekend ticket tomorrow as I would rather have something than nothing after all of this.

Edited by justanothername
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets hope so! This is in stark contrast to most uk festivals who will be swerving booking too many overseas artists but of course unavoidable for a punk festival due to the nature of all the big hitters being american. 
Hopefully will be fine but i expect a rollover of ticket if theres no american acts but hopefully it wont come to that

Edited by Memory Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Even if it is just british bands, it'll still be a great day and if it mean the festival can survive until next year, then I won't be chasing a refund for a 'inferior' line up.  Hopefully would mean less clashes!!

 

Agreed. I want to keep it as a festival because of it being niche and if it meant less clashes and I could watch Don Broco and While She Sleeps I'd be buzzing with that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice line-up!

Because of the pandemic situation, I think only the UK will have a festival summer this year.  I hope I can travel to that event. Any idea about selling out? First the south? after that announcement I can grab some tickets for the north?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...