Jump to content

Slam Dunk Festival 2021


foolee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Four Year Strong is such a massive loss for me along with Free Throw. The only artists from the original line up that I really want to see are Chunk! and Your Demise. I think the total number of artists that has pulled out is greater than the number of artists I still want to see which is really gutting though understandable. For artists I really want to see it's only those 2, Funeral for a Friend and Loathe so it's looking a bit sparse for me.

Still looking forward to the weekend though, just praying that Chunk! don't clash as otherwise I'm kinda screwed :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, justanothername said:

Four Year Strong is such a massive loss for me along with Free Throw. The only artists from the original line up that I really want to see are Chunk! and Your Demise. I think the total number of artists that has pulled out is greater than the number of artists I still want to see which is really gutting though understandable. For artists I really want to see it's only those 2, Funeral for a Friend and Loathe so it's looking a bit sparse for me.

Still looking forward to the weekend though, just praying that Chunk! don't clash as otherwise I'm kinda screwed :lol:

Yup, FYF, Sum 41 and With Confidence were 3 big interests dropping now along with others who have. Alkaline Trio I want to see as it's been ages but them and Creeper with some filler who I am happy to watch just isn't justified. Also got to get to drive from Wales to get there so just going to stay in Wales and see some stuff before heading home. Potentially pop to Rhosilli Bay for an hour or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

With HO99O9 and Spiritbox pulling out of R&L, are we still expecting bands to drop from this? Like Mayday Parade are playing shows 2 days after SD and Alkaline Trio haven't even got SD on their website 

Alkaline trio do. It just doesn't look like it because they have their US your pop up before you "enter site". But once you enter they've still got slam dunk on their tour page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2021 at 9:11 AM, sacred shape said:

I feel like Salem might do a secret set. Will is already there and at the original DL this year he was due to do both bands

Why would Salem need to be a secret though? It's not like they are bigger than the spot they would play in.

My guess would be for a Frank Turner solo set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve had to get a refund for my tickets, the amount they’ve removed from the lineup and now the clashes for me means I don’t have much I’d want to see as I’m watching Don Broco oh their tour and seeing Static Dress as Burn It Down. I can’t justify the hotel and travel costs to Leeds from Bath and for the lineup it’s not worth the £85 for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I’ve had to get a refund for my tickets, the amount they’ve removed from the lineup and now the clashes for me means I don’t have much I’d want to see as I’m watching Don Broco oh their tour and seeing Static Dress as Burn It Down. I can’t justify the hotel and travel costs to Leeds from Bath and for the lineup it’s not worth the £85 for me. 

Still looks a cracking lineup in my opinion, its not the same as it was and a big miss of some of the us bands, but looking at the clashfinder (obviously its up in the air) plenty to keep me occupied throughout the day. Less than an hour journey for me though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I’ve had to get a refund for my tickets, the amount they’ve removed from the lineup and now the clashes for me means I don’t have much I’d want to see as I’m watching Don Broco oh their tour and seeing Static Dress as Burn It Down. I can’t justify the hotel and travel costs to Leeds from Bath and for the lineup it’s not worth the £85 for me. 

I think if Alkaline and State Champs didn't clash I'd have just about gone. Two bands to watch early and getting from Swansea to Hatfield for for midday and in is too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally prefer the US bands pulling out as Capdown, The Skints, Frank Turner and Creeper are great additions and have made the line up look better for me.

The band that pulled out who I miss the most is Refused who aren't even American. I was hoping to see them again to make up for the hellish co-headlining Thrice show they did.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly - given the circumstances, it's a pretty great line up. Slam dunk clashes are part of the festival - it's good that there's so many good bands to fit in.  Also lots of other bands further down that I can try out.  Love it!

My big choices look like:

Spunge vs Alk3 (Prob Alk 3, as seeing Spunge in Oct).

We Are the In Crown vs Skints (WATIC as not seen them)

FFAF vs Frank T  (Frank - more sing alongs)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Clashfinder doesn't change too much with the official stage times I don't think I've got any clashes except Don Broco and While She Sleeps

 

Potentially my favourite part of the day looks like the Stray From The Path -> Your Demise -> Trash Boat run on the Jagermeister back to back, will be a case of just turning around on the spot if I stand in the middle of the tent haha

 

In other news, Architects have moved their UK + Germany tour to May next year, ends currently on 20th May, in with an early shout for next year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

If the Clashfinder doesn't change too much with the official stage times I don't think I've got any clashes except Don Broco and While She Sleeps

 

Potentially my favourite part of the day looks like the Stray From The Path -> Your Demise -> Trash Boat run on the Jagermeister back to back, will be a case of just turning around on the spot if I stand in the middle of the tent haha

 

In other news, Architects have moved their UK + Germany tour to May next year, ends currently on 20th May, in with an early shout for next year?

I think they will sub Reading and potentially get a BMTHesque 3rd spot on Other stage at Glastonbury

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...