Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

39 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hatfield currently forecast rain, time to start praying to the gods of sunshine

Most excited I've been about a day festival perhaps ever

Would be so typical as it hasn't really rained here for a little while! I'm fortunate that most of my acts are in the Jager tent anyway!

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hatfield currently forecast rain, time to start praying to the gods of sunshine

Most excited I've been about a day festival perhaps ever

So is the opposite of a rain dance a sun mosh? 

Also, totally agree. Beyond excited for Slam Dunk...I haven't been since 2011 🤣🙈 stupid friends never wanted to come so this year I'm heading solo 🤘🏼

6 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

BBC app has Hatfield as 10-15% chance of rain and up to 21C - without wishing to jinx it, pretty decent festival weather.  Cannot wait! Getting the train rather than driving so I can have a few drinks too.  

It's changed since yesterday evening when I looked. It had light rain all afternoon. Glad it's turning. Looking forward to it 

Getting more hyped for this as the week goes on!

Currently set on:

Blood Youth - Hacktivist - Loathe - Malevolence - Creeper - Your Demise - Trash Boat - Funeral For a Friend - Skindred - Frank Turner - WSS(half)/Boston Manor - Don Broco

Looking back they've done pretty well with the line up considering the sheer amount of changes

3 hours ago, AGW said:

Anyone got any intel on the secret guest yet? I had a snoop and it was 3 days before in 2019 that they changed the app to say 'Y3K' so I'm hoping they drip feed us something today although not sure how without the app this year

People on social media seemed to think they hinted at BMTH by using the word secret to err...describe their secret guests.

Others thought they were hinting at Mcfly because they said "Obviously, we've got one more secret" which sounds like more of a hint than the BMTH one. They have a gig on the day of the Leeds show but presumably could make it as the slot is pretty early.

13 hours ago, binge.to.bopo said:

Do many people get there for 9am when the gates open? I don't fancy wandering round solo for two and a half hours till the first band starts 🙈

Wouldn't say so in my experience. Most probably arrive sometime between 12 - 3 ish. Makes sense to time your arrival just before the first act you want to see, and then you can make the most of cheaper food/drink prices outside of the festival rather than inside.

• Thanks 1

A lot of people on Facebook and Twitter really seem to think the secret guest is going to be Neck Deep and although I'd love to be wrong, I think they're going to be bitterly disappointed. ND have massive pull in terms of ticket sales, why on earth would they play a half hour set, unanounced, in the middle of the day? 

6 minutes ago, AGW said:

A lot of people on Facebook and Twitter really seem to think the secret guest is going to be Neck Deep and although I'd love to be wrong, I think they're going to be bitterly disappointed. ND have massive pull in terms of ticket sales, why on earth would they play a half hour set, unanounced, in the middle of the day? 

I think slam dunk are smart not announcing who the secret act is, because if they need to pull out for whatever reason, no one can be disappointed because no one knows who it was supposed to be... Also, if they do pull out, and they if they can't fill the slot, they could essentially ask one of the other bands to do a short acoustic set 🤷🏻‍♀️

Had to refund my tickets as the person I got tickets wanted a refund for various reasons and I was unsure about buying them again as half of my mates had got refunds and I really only want to see Your Demise, Loathe and Funeral for a Friend and I'm going to tours for FFAF and Loathe next year though I managed to get a ticket for quite cheap on twickets yesterday! Looking like my day will be

Loathe > check out the secret set > Malevolence > Your Demise > end of We Are the In Crowd > Funeral For a Friend > State Champs > Alkaline Trio

"Paper vaccination cards are not accepted."

Does this mean those little cards we got at the vaccination centre or are they outright rejecting official proof of double vaccine passports? Does literally everything have to be on your phone?

Edited by beetchez

52 minutes ago, beetchez said:

Does this mean those little cards we got at the vaccination centre or are they outright rejecting official proof of double vaccine passports? Does literally everything have to be on your phone?

I would assume it means the cards as the letters are official NHS documents offered as an alternative for those unable to access on smartphones

58 minutes ago, beetchez said:

They have shown on IG that your proof of vaccination must be via the digital passport options (the app or a downloaded pdf or printed pdf) - basically the official passport has a QR code that they'll scan with your ticket on the gate.

A negative test result needs to be either via text or the NHS app. 

Hope that helps