Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

So far looking like

Blood Youth -> Hacktivist -> Loathe -> Malevolence -> Creeper -> Your Demise -> Trash Boat -> Funeral for a Friend -> Skindred -> Frank Turner -> While She Sleeps -> Don Broco

Bit of overlap between Creeper & Your Demise and Frank Turner & While She Sleeps but overall not bad! Pretty much in the Jagermeister Tent most of the day, great stuff on that stage

Hopefully doing South this year. Will probably be going on my own as the rest of my group backed out with the line-up changes and the loss of Basement/Story So Far/Movements, etc.

My day currently looks like...

Creeper -> We Are The In Crowd -> Funeral For A Friend -> Skindred (half set) -> Alkaline Trio (most anticipated act of the whole day for me!) -> Frank Turner -> NOFX/Don Broco (see how I feel on the day)

If anyone has any particular suggestions for acts to see while stage hopping before Creeper let me know. Likewise if anyone fancies a pint or a meet-up between or around those sets then drop me a message!

55 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

If anyone has any particular suggestions for acts to see while stage hopping before Creeper let me know. 

Not for everyone but the band that sold me a tix this year is Capdown who are playing before Creeper on the NoFX stage. Whilst it's not the 00s anymore they were so fucking good live back in the day. I went to my first Slam Dunk in 2010 as it was meant to be their "last ever show".

Edited by jump
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

They're touring with Busted as McBusted a couple of weeks after SD, so might get 2 for 1!

So who would win in a fight between McBusted vs McFly and Busted? If Dragonball Z has thought us anything then the super merged form should beat the individuals as a group.

Neck Deep fit at the mo, as the Special Guest Headliner is announced on Sunday that could be when an embargo post-Reading/Leeds ends too (where Neck Deep play Reading on Sunday so potentially announced right after that)? 

If it's someone slightly smaller I could still see Boston Manor doing it (which would give me a headache on evening clashes!)

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Really hoping its Marmozets but I can't see it happening 

I've not heard much of them since their 2nd album as Becca took time off to have a kid. Hopefully they can get their momentum going again as they were gaining some proper traction at the time.

14 hours ago, beetchez said:

Whoever the special guest headliner is will clash with WSS (who i've seen twice but still) and I really want to watch them.

So if it's Yungblud or McFly etc. I might have to skip WSS.

Yungblud will be at SoccerAid on the same day

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

Fever 333 is annoying as I was going to their London show. Apparently Creeper are pulling out of R&L so they might cancel Slam Dunk too.

If Creeper are isolating like I suspect as their Facebook group has had a fair few people catching the rona at their gigs last week, they should be just about fine by Slam Dunk 

Should have stayed at the back like me and they'd have been fine, being old has its perks. 

• Upvote 1