Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

As It Is have been pretty said they are main stage and those main stages are too weak.

🤷‍♂️

The Don Bronco stage top 4 is per how the fest announced for last year (see the 2020 pic I posted).  Other main stage was S41/Billy Talent/Story So Far/Basement/Trashboat/Zebrahead/Dream State.

How do you see the main stages looking?  

17 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

🤷‍♂️

The Don Bronco stage top 4 is per how the fest announced for last year (see the 2020 pic I posted).  Other main stage was S41/Billy Talent/Story So Far/Basement/Trashboat/Zebrahead/Dream State.

I have no idea haha. I'm not good with Slam Dunk predictions at all. I'm expecting As It Is to be above WATIC maybe but it's hard to judge on size.

I want to see Sum 41, State Champs and Alkaline Trio. Frank Turner I can miss. I want to see As It Is and With Confidence. Those 5 would be enough.

12 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

🤷‍♂️

It looks fairly close to me. Frank Turner is an odd booking so he could land anywhere on the line up. Under NoFX doesn't seem unlikely since they did a split album last year but I can also seem him on the proper mainstage or headlining a stage too.

Gazza is just a bit too fussy, he seems to expect every festival to be 100% aligned with his own taste for some reason.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I have no idea haha. I'm not good with Slam Dunk predictions at all. I'm expecting As It Is to be above WATIC maybe but it's hard to judge on size.

I want to see Sum 41, State Champs and Alkaline Trio. Frank Turner I can miss. I want to see As It Is and With Confidence. Those 5 would be enough.

I was trying to base it on poster position - i.e. As It Is are lower than WATIC, but who knows.

I'm with you though - only need a handful of bands to make it worth while......just need the damn clashes to work in your favour.

I really want to see S41, Alk3, Frank T, FFAF, Pennywise, MF&GGs, WATIC, FYS, A & Spunge.  But 10 bands is not going to happen - both love and hate the choice it gives me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

It looks fairly close to me. Frank Turner is an odd booking so he could land anywhere on the line up. Under NoFX doesn't seem unlikely since they did a split album last year but I can also seem him on the proper mainstage or headlining a stage too.

Gazza is just a bit too fussy, he seems to expect every festival to be 100% aligned with his own taste for some reason.

Frank was due on a lot of the euro punk in drublic stage 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, jump said:

I’ve never seen him comment on any festival anything like ‘Yeah that looks great, I’m up for that.’ 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve never seen him comment on any festival anything like ‘Yeah that looks great, I’m up for that.’ 

Yeah, from the way he talks and does that thing of counting the bands and then comparing the tixs prices makes me think he just wants to see the bands he likes and nothing else. Whilst alot of folk on here enjoy the day/weekend out with their partner/friends, discovering new bands and generally see festivals as greater than the sum of their parts. But hey-ho nothing wrong with that but it makes me wonder why he spends so much time looking at festivals then rather than just going to whatever band's own gig.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You're being a prick here, I'd say a bit but it's generally just a prick.

You were alright discussing pilot aftermath, I even said glad you enjoy it. I've openly said I'm well up for Download Sunday. I've even opened up with the idea of Slam Dunk bow after the recent additions.

Stop being a massive dick!...and yes it is deserved. Other than this, if I feel that my fucking money isn't justified to spend on something then I'll fucking decide that! I'm not stopping you am I?!

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, jump said:

Yeah, from the way he talks and does that thing of counting the bands and then comparing the tixs prices makes me think he just wants to see the bands he likes and nothing else. Whilst alot of folk on here enjoy the day/weekend out with their partner/friends, discovering new bands and generally see festivals as greater than the sum of their parts. But hey-ho nothing wrong with that but it makes me wonder why he spends so much time looking at festivals then rather than just going to whatever band's own gig.

I listen to bands announced I don't know and weigh it up. But if I decide I don't like a host of newer bands then who cares. 

As for your other comment, I've got 3 other gigs booked for a reason.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You're being a prick here, I'd say a bit but it's generally just a prick.

You were alright discussing pilot aftermath, I even said glad you enjoy it. I've openly said I'm well up for Download Sunday. I've even opened up with the idea of Slam Dunk bow after the recent additions.

Stop being a massive dick!...and yes it is deserved. Other than this, if I feel that my fucking money isn't justified to spend on something then I'll fucking decide that! I'm not stopping you am I?!

You’re doing that thing where you take everything to heart again. Chill the hell out, man. It wasn’t a nasty comment. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, lexiins said:

I have not read all of the pages, so sorry if it has already been said/asked.

does anyone believe Shikari could be secret set or maybe been added to the line up due to the cancellation of their Sept/Oct leg of the tour?

No idea, but when the set times are out, then we'll be scouring them for fake names, like Y3K last year for Busted.  

5 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Cheers, While She Sleeps, Waterparks and Trash Boat are my must-sees but I have a feeling gut the latter two will clash

I’m sure While She Sleeps are headlining a stage so they will most likely clash with Broco/Sum41, Trash Boat will be on pretty early I’d imagine and Waterparks will have a higher slot, I’d say you’ll have a pretty good chance of watching all 3 of them.