Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

On 5/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, Swansea93 said:

We still 90% sure the festival will be postponed?

I am not. I think and hop it will take place as scheduled. The last statement from the festival make me positive. The just announced that due to Sad Summer Festival in the US being rescheduled, The Story So Far and Movements are no longer able to make it over for #SDF21 in September.

5 hours ago, berger55 said:

I am not. I think and hop it will take place as scheduled. The last statement from the festival make me positive. The just announced that due to Sad Summer Festival in the US being rescheduled, The Story So Far and Movements are no longer able to make it over for #SDF21 in September.

I feel cautiously optimistic about it.

Don Broco have pulled out of Riot Fest which is in Chicago in September and they’ve pulled out due to travel restrictions so I’d assume the smaller bands are going to struggle getting to Slam Dunk and there’s a lot of US bands so if this cancels if think it’ll be travel related rather than it not being able to happen. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Don Broco have pulled out of Riot Fest which is in Chicago in September and they’ve pulled out due to travel restrictions so I’d assume the smaller bands are going to struggle getting to Slam Dunk and there’s a lot of US bands so if this cancels if think it’ll be travel related rather than it not being able to happen. 

At this point I’m thinking Slam Dunk will probably be trying to tie down UK acts to replace.

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes they will. But I wanted views on whether it would be the last weekend or second one before.

I have an inkling that it might be in June on the 4th / 5th to cover the bank holiday weekend.  As has generally fallen on the BH.

If not then, the 28/29th May.

29 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

I have an inkling that it might be in June on the 4th / 5th to cover the bank holiday weekend.  As has generally fallen on the BH.

If not then, the 28/29th May.

For some reason I thought it would be the weekend before that but then looked and it didn't really up.

I think it'll be the latter and you will just need to book a day off as even on that June weekend you won't get the monday as usual.

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

For some reason I thought it would be the weekend before that but then looked and it didn't really up.

I think it'll be the latter and you will just need to book a day off as even on that June weekend you won't get the monday as usual.

They may do it on the Friday/Saturday instead though? I think they will sell more tickets because if you need to book a day off work it may make people decide not to get tickets. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

They may do it on the Friday/Saturday instead though? I think they will sell more tickets because if you need to book a day off work it may make people decide not to get tickets. 

Its more like a day off school people need at Slam Dunk than a day off work lol.

• Downvote 3

45 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Its more like a day off school people need at Slam Dunk than a day off work lol.

Do you think? I always thought Slam Dunk was a bit of a mixed bag crowd wise. If we were talking Reading and Leeds I'd agree

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

My guess is 28th and 29th of May. There isn't as much need for it to be on a bank holiday anymore since they got rid of the midlands date. Though that might be some wishful thinking on my part as I've got tickets for Primavera and really was looking forward to both back to back.

Same here. Also if you haven't seen Julien Baker is playing in Barcelona the Tuesday before Primavera Weekend 1 (31st May), so you could do Slam Dunk - Travel on Monday/Tuesday - Julien Baker - Primavera Sound

19 hours ago, justanothername said:

My guess is 28th and 29th of May. There isn't as much need for it to be on a bank holiday anymore since they got rid of the midlands date. Though that might be some wishful thinking on my part as I've got tickets for Primavera and really was looking forward to both back to back.

I guess I may book it off just incase. Usually though I went brum or hatfield and had the Monday off and given the move of the bank holiday, it's a bit of a pain to need two days for one.

I don’t think Slam Dunk especially target a very young audience at all; they’re hardly Reading & Leeds. 

For the last few years, they’ve had an entire stage that focuses on older punk and hardcore bands (the Punk in Drublic Stage). 

Look at the headliners in recent times too: 

2017 - Enter Shikari doing TTS in full - crowd was largely full of people in their 20s and 30s 

2018 - JEW & Good Charlotte - both bands that have 20+ year careers. I only saw JEW but their crowd was full of people in their late 20s/30s and older. 

2019 - All Time Low doing a Nothing Personal set - Popular with younger and older attendees. Again, stacks of people in their late 20s in that crowd due to the album they were celebrating. 

2021 - Sum 41 & Don Broco - Sum 41 will be full of people in their 30s and 20s. Broco will pull a younger crowd, sure. 

Whilst they do attract a younger audience than say, Download or 2000 Trees, I would hazard a guess that your average Slam Dunk attendee is well into their 20s. 

Edited by Andre91

• 2 weeks later...