Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they were a Key Club headliner.

I was thinking this, they did seem surprisingly high on the line up

Just a prediction of headliners so far (based on if they keep the same stages as 2019) something along the lines of:

Monster (Main) Stage - Sum 41/Don Broco

Punk In Drublic Stage - NOFX

Key Club Tent (2 stages in tent) - Waterparks

Impericon/Jagermeister Tent (2 stages in tent) - While She Sleeps

Dickies/Marshall Stages (2 outdoor stages side-by-side) State Champs/The Story So Far/Mayday Parade?

Acoustic Stage - ?

9 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

I was thinking this, they did seem surprisingly high on the line up

Just a prediction of headliners so far (based on if they keep the same stages as 2019) something along the lines of:

Monster (Main) Stage - Sum 41/Don Broco

Punk In Drublic Stage - NOFX

Key Club Tent (2 stages in tent) - Waterparks

Impericon/Jagermeister Tent (2 stages in tent) - While She Sleeps

Dickies/Marshall Stages (2 outdoor stages side-by-side) State Champs/The Story So Far/Mayday Parade?

Acoustic Stage - ?

First time at Slam Dunk, would While She Sleeps clash with Sum 41/Don Broco?

Also Dream State are no longer on the poster, backed out or just an error?

• 2 weeks later...

TSSF pulling out is another huge blow. 3 out of the 5 acts I wanted to see the most have pulled out. Still excited and somewhat optimistic about it going ahead though.

Though I do wonder how many more international acts will pull out. When 2000trees cancelled they said that they looked into September but decided against and one of the reasons for that decision was that they thought there would still be travel restrictions against artists. 

1 hour ago, strangerkings said:

Seeing as there's a huge possibility international bands won't be attending, who would replace them?

Or more pessimistically postpone the festival again?

675897.png

Enter Shikari, Machine Gun Kelly, Fever 333, Hot Milk, Neck Deep,Skindred,Loathe,Holding Absence, Lonely The Brave, Boston Manor, WSTR, Junior

They just announced Waterparks a couple of weeks ago, I guess Story So Far pulling out is because they can do a full tour with ATL in the states rather than a two date UK show.

Edited by Swansea93

5 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Enter Shikari, Machine Gun Kelly, Fever 333, Hot Milk, Neck Deep,Skindred,Loathe,Holding Absence, Lonely The Brave, Boston Manor, WSTR, Junior

They just announced Waterparks a couple of weeks ago, I guess Story So Far pulling out is because they can do a full tour with ATL in the states rather than a two date UK show.

Water parks won't make any difference. Whereas I don't think TSSF is more than that it's a better deal. I do think however that the international acts will be come an issue.

You’d think by September artists from America would be able to come over here, Slam Dunk have posted an update saying them and the bands are confident and more bands will be added over the summer.

Most of R&L is American acts and they announced basically the full lineup couple of weeks ago, got to be fairly confident and with the US having a good vaccine uptake.

45 minutes ago, tolywoly said:

Punk in Drublic responded to a question on facebook last week, saying their Slam Dunk appearances were still on. 

Sum 41 tweeted couple weeks back see you at Slam Dunk, Stray From The Path said Slam Dunk is their only appearance this year, Waterparks recently added, and along with the Punk In Drublic saying they are coming plus R&L announcing a bunch of international acts then we have to be confident of them acts being able to come over and play.

1 hour ago, tolywoly said:

Punk in Drublic responded to a question on facebook last week, saying their Slam Dunk appearances were still on. 

Let's hope. Everything is in on until they can't. SD being in September now won't have a pause it until middle June time I'd suspect.

They don’t know enough about the strain we had this when Brazilian and S African ones came about, let’s just wait and see, if he was THAT concerned he wouldn’t be pressing ahead with opening up Monday allowing people indoors with hugging etc.

If vaccines are preventing hospital admissions then there’s no panic needed, infections were down today than last week, just look at deaths and hospital admissions.

I raised the international act issue a while back. Its a real concern. Ultimately i feel they will probably have to postpone again (a non international version of slam dunk is simply a non-starter)

there is still hope but its fading

At least a postpone would only be 9/10 months (sept - may) rather than a full year

End of the day my ticket has cost me £72 for a single day and im sorry but i wouldnt accept a complete change in lineup and be happy to go. I expect if they could pull off a domestic version you could elect to go or be given the option to roll to 2022.

i also struggle to see how US acts coming to the uk for 2 gigs then going home again is even remotely worthwhile for them. Punk in drublic is usually a europe wide tour for example.

Edited by Memory Man

Thing is Reading just announced most of their lineup with a lot from US which is only a 2 day payday same as Slam Dunk, Slam Dunk also just announced Waterparks and prior to that announced Escape The Fate and Crown The Empire who are also US bands so we gotta remain hopeful that by September they can come over it’s only a few days after R&L.

One thing that did concern me though was Don Broco & Boston Manor were originally scheduled to play Riot Fest in the US in September but they have disappeared off the lineup now.

6 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Thing is Reading just announced most of their lineup with a lot from US which is only a 2 day payday same as Slam Dunk, Slam Dunk also just announced Waterparks and prior to that announced Escape The Fate and Crown The Empire who are also US bands so we gotta remain hopeful that by September they can come over it’s only a few days after R&L.

One thing that did concern me though was Don Broco & Boston Manor were originally scheduled to play Riot Fest in the US in September but they have disappeared off the lineup now.

One of the main reasons I'd like to just get to the cancel point if it's going to happen is just so we know one and for all and can plan holiday etc accordingly.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, strangerkings said:

Even if the festivals are still on, no one under 40 (who don't fit the criteria of having it early) have even had their first vaccine, not to mention those who don't even want it.

And I'd say 95% of the Slam Dunk crowd is under 40. 

Honestly it's looking really grim.

Thing is them trial events in Liverpool couple weeks ago all that age group were under 40, as long as they provide negative testing before the event then I don’t see it being a major problem, plus by the end of July everyone under 40 would have been offered a first jab if they want it.

11 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Everyone will have at least one jab by end of july if they want it. Its just a question if events can hold out long enough without cancelling to get the all clear to proceed, whenever that may be. 

Reading and Creamfields are probably the only one's that can. The rest of them I imagine financially will be very difficult. It's a huge gamble for independent festivals to take.