Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

• 4 months later...

No definitive answer but their Instagram certainly suggests they feel May is unlikely. 

Are this current time the earliest the crowd especially for this is going to receive their 1st vaccine is June time with end of July I believe the current parameter. And of September for the second one so you're getting into very uncertain weather by then. I think if the vaccines came just a bit earlier you may get away with it.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:54 PM, thewayiam said:

No definitive answer but their Instagram certainly suggests they feel May is unlikely. 

Are this current time the earliest the crowd especially for this is going to receive their 1st vaccine is June time with end of July I believe the current parameter. And of September for the second one so you're getting into very uncertain weather by then. I think if the vaccines came just a bit earlier you may get away with it.

Considering the Government just said May is their earliest estimation to have everyone over 50 given the offer of a first dose vaccine, its plainly obvious Slam Dunk wont run this year. Unless they heavily shift their target audience to the older generation. That pit for While She Sleeps would be a fun one to see.

55 minutes ago, Optix said:

Considering the Government just said May is their earliest estimation to have everyone over 50 given the offer of a first dose vaccine, its plainly obvious Slam Dunk wont run this year. Unless they heavily shift their target audience to the older generation. That pit for While She Sleeps would be a fun one to see.

I fully agree. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve booked a Holiday Inn Express for 10 people which is 5 minutes drive from the festival over Slam Dunk weekend (Friday-Sunday). Breakfast included, free cancellation until August 31st and no payment until arrival. £58 each for 2 nights. 

If it goes ahead, all of my mates owe me a pint for the excellent foresight 😄 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve booked a Holiday Inn Express for 10 people which is 5 minutes drive from the festival over Slam Dunk weekend (Friday-Sunday). Breakfast included, free cancellation until August 31st and no payment until arrival. £58 each for 2 nights. 

If it goes ahead, all of my mates owe me a pint for the excellent foresight 😄 

Great planning ahead and a very good price! Doing the same this weekend for SD and BMTH now that they're both looking more likely

54 minutes ago, foolee said:

Great planning ahead and a very good price! Doing the same this weekend for SD and BMTH now that they're both looking more likely

Are you doing North or South? If North, the hotel I booked is a Holiday Inn Express called ‘Leeds - East’. It’s 2.2 miles from the festival 🙂 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Are you doing North or South? If North, the hotel I booked is a Holiday Inn Express called ‘Leeds - East’. It’s 2.2 miles from the festival 🙂 

Usually do South as it's a bank holiday Monday and closer to where I live but with the changed dates we'll be doing Leeds now. Cheers!

On 2/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, Andre91 said:

I take it you don't bother with the afterparty at Leeds with it being in the centre? 

6 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I really wanted to go to Boston Manor's tour so if they get added that's a big plus for me. There were a lot of bands I wanted to see on the last poster, hoping they've kept a good number of them.

Same here mate! Was going to the Bristol show, I’ll be seeing them at Trees but if they show up at SD as well then bonus.