Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

Where's the tour date info from? It's not on their official site.

There's been a few things like this before when it turns out it a fan made Facebook account was the source and picked up by other sites/apps making everyone think it's true.

Saying that I wouldn't be overly shocked if they were Slam Dunk headliners.

Edited by jump

3 hours ago, jump said:

Where's the tour date info from? It's not on their official site.

There's been a few things like this before when it turns out it a fan made Facebook account was the source and picked up by other sites/apps making everyone think it's true.

Saying that I wouldn't be overly shocked if they were Slam Dunk headliners.

Its just from when you search 'Bring Me The Horizon tour' on Google. The thing at the top called 'Events' has Slamdunk in there. Could see them having been the secret set this year tbh, were heavily rumoured last year IIRC? And they've got a few new songs out too.

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

Its just from when you search 'Bring Me The Horizon tour' on Google. The thing at the top called 'Events' has Slamdunk in there. Could see them having been the secret set this year tbh, were heavily rumoured last year IIRC? And they've got a few new songs out too.

I'd ignore it, it's probably linked to some rubbish.

They weren't really rumoured, people were speculating as to who the secret set arena band was and their name was thrown out a guess along with loads of others.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a lot of the bands I wanted to see are still there (bar Alk3), but feeling underwhelmed a bit - I guess we've had that line up for 9ish months and there's another 9 months before we actually have the festival. It's a long time to keep the hype going.  Once I get there, it'll be amazing, I'm sure, but still feels a long way away.

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

They were subbing Don Broco on the old poster so imagine its still the same.

Ah, so a straight Sum 41/ Billy Talent clash. I've been weighting up this vs Catfish at Singleton Park. They are both 'doable' but it's going from Wales one morning after drinks to Hatfield which is a possible 4hr drive to then spend a day on drinks again. Does look like everything I'll want to see except for one earlier band is clashing at SD anyway mind.

Just reminded myself that it's £80 a ticket for a day now for this with postage etc, and for about 3 bands....all of which I have seen before and could probably attend separate gigs to all for that. That's not including travel and a hotel so you can drink so that's me out.

Consider than only two years ago now, I paid just over £70 for my Leeds ticket and it was a bargain really for what I saw. SD are now pricing themselves very close to a Reading day ticket.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Honestly I'm still amazed they cancelled Midlands to save costs then had the balls to ask if people would be interested in a cruise. Upping the price by a tenner doesn't seem offensive by comparison.

I find it a bit crazy though that they up it by the price each year that a much huger festival does without anywhere near the headlining band size of those festivals. Don Broco would play 3rd main highest on a normal Reading year and Sum 41 I say 4th though they played with last time...I expect due to the possible later book N.E.R.D or something. They have main stage subs that could essentially headline The Pit probably. With Confidence, Sum 41 and Billy Talent, State Champs, FYS. Those 3 latter look bound to clash and With Confidence is the only one I've not seen. Whereas for £40 the same weekend I can go to Wales which I never have, have a day at the beach in Swansea and then a day on the beers watching the bands.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Slam Dunk is the best festival going. I’m not bothered about the price being similar to a R&L day ticket, there’s always more to see at Slam Dunk and the crowds are better than R&L. Plus, SD’s merch tent is unbelievably brilliant :D 

Agreed, I'll usually go to one day at Reading and to Slam Dunk South as my festival hit each year but prefer SD's atmosphere and overall acts

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Slam Dunk is the best festival going. I’m not bothered about the price being similar to a R&L day ticket, there’s always more to see at Slam Dunk and the crowds are better than R&L. Plus, SD’s merch tent is unbelievably brilliant :D 

There has been and it has been my style of music but this year I don't think the lineup is as great as not anywhere near as good as last time.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, thewayiam said:

Just reminded myself that it's £80 a ticket for a day now for this with postage etc, and for about 3 bands....all of which I have seen before and could probably attend separate gigs to all for that. That's not including travel and a hotel so you can drink so that's me out.

Consider than only two years ago now, I paid just over £70 for my Leeds ticket and it was a bargain really for what I saw. SD are now pricing themselves very close to a Reading day ticket.

Ten years ago that might have meant something but the leeds/reading lineups now are dumpster fires.