Slam Dunk Festival 2021

foolee

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, foolee said:

Great to see both headliners back, good start. Not sure whether I should get tickets now as I returned mine as I couldn’t attend the September dates but now it’s bank on the bank holiday. 

I'm very reserved about buying any gig/festival tickets for next year at the moment truth be told. Definitely want to go to as many as I can, just really unsure when is the right time to start sinking money into them again.

8 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I'm very reserved about buying any gig/festival tickets for next year at the moment truth be told. Definitely want to go to as many as I can, just really unsure when is the right time to start sinking money into them again.

Yeah it’s definitely difficult to know when to start buying tickets again however I’ve put the money aside for the ones I originally booked and got money back for so it’s almost as if I’m not spending it. And I guess if things still aren’t happening they’ll get postponed again or cancelled and receive refunds. I’m also trying to buy mostly local gigs, if any, as it doesn’t matter what day of the week they are if they get rescheduled. With things beginning to come back to normal I’d expect gigs to be back by March 2021, not sure if that’s hopeful though but we’ve come a long way since March this year and that’s only 3 and a half months. Really starting to miss love music now though, I enjoy it so much. I need things to look forward to for when this is over! 

10 hours ago, foolee said:

Great to see both headliners back, good start. Not sure whether I should get tickets now as I returned mine as I couldn’t attend the September dates but now it’s bank on the bank holiday. 

You won't have to worry about a sellout anytime soon and the ticket price doesn't rise as time goes on. If they can get Alkaline Trio back that probably seals it for me but I don't see Download taking anything major they had. I think the signs that Diwnloads Avalanche Stage will struggle to compete with SD are already there. But Download for me had one of the most interesting additions I've seen....it's extremely rare that I feel the need to be there for two days, unfortunately I've no desire to have gone on the Saturday but the eventbis close enough that I'd br happy to find a mate willing to go andcwe can drive up separately on different days.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, thewayiam said:

You won't have to worry about a sellout anytime soon and the ticket price doesn't rise as time goes on. If they can get Alkaline Trio back that probably seals it for me but I don't see Download taking anything major they had. I think the signs that Diwnloads Avalanche Stage will struggle to compete with SD are already there. But Download for me had one of the most interesting additions I've seen....it's extremely rare that I feel the need to be there for two days, unfortunately I've no desire to have gone on the Saturday but the eventbis close enough that I'd br happy to find a mate willing to go andcwe can drive up separately on different days.

True but think they’ve mentioned a rise in prices in October time, probably to sell more tickets and cover losses this year more than anything. Alkaline Trio would be great as long as they aren’t headlining a stage. 

5 hours ago, foolee said:

True but think they’ve mentioned a rise in prices in October time, probably to sell more tickets and cover losses this year more than anything. Alkaline Trio would be great as long as they aren’t headlining a stage. 

Agreed. Just a shame the PID lineup is pretty poor this time round for me.

4 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

A run with Alkaline Trio, Billy Talent, Sum 41 would be nice chuck fidlar and press club onto the lineup aswell

Yeah a run of then would be decent. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Optix said:

Not really slam dunk news but I remember a lot of assumptions Creeper were the secret band this year. Now that download has announced them for next year, do bands get shared a lot between the two? It probably helps they are a British band.

It's quite rare for bands to do both so I wouldn't hold out hope of it happening.

Interesting that The Offspring aren't available for DL despite being around in Europe. I don't reckon it's likely but maybe Slam Dunk have copped them as well as a few other acts from DL.

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Surely it's either SD or their own shows. They would headline SD though.

Surely to big not to headline? Especially with Sum 41, Don Broco and NOFX headlining stages. Not really any stages left they could play and I doubt they’d sub any of the above. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Surely to big not to headline? Especially with Sum 41, Don Broco and NOFX headlining stages. Not really any stages left they could play and I doubt they’d sub any of the above. 

There could be a tiny argument for going under Don Broco given they do bigger venues now. Billy Talent, Offspring into Sum 41 would be great.