Virtual Meet

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Topic: The Xmas Eve Eve Evening Extravaganza  Time: Dec 23, 2020 07:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84947150543?pwd=WDlFRVVrdmJDTThVbXV5b09vaFUwQT09

It looks like we will be setting up a virtual Efest meet on zoom next wed from  6.30 pm ..... once we have all pitched our virtual tents .... please be prepared with some kind of sticky name badge ...

🦇👻 You are cordially invited to the creepiest efests meet yet - and that isn't just because @crazyfool1 will be wearing a dress. The Halloween special will see creatures going bump in the night (namel

Posted Images

While having a nice hot bath ( or baff if youz frum round yer ) , I was thinking..

New Years games ... I got a pub quiz game , basically a shite load of questions that could be some fun .

also , is anyone cleaver enough with some audio editing software to throw together some “ guess the intro clips “ 

what about some of these identifying areas of Glasto from obscure camera angles or clips.

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

Best song from a musical ever. 'You give a little love and it all comes back to you, You know you're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do' is like a whole life philosophy.

Oh Bugsy Malone is an absolute classic!

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

While having a nice hot bath ( or baff if youz frum round yer ) , I was thinking..

New Years games ... I got a pub quiz game , basically a shite load of questions that could be some fun .

also , is anyone cleaver enough with some audio editing software to throw together some “ guess the intro clips “ 

what about some of these identifying areas of Glasto from obscure camera angles or clips.

What a good idea x

@ShakeyCrash I loved "We Will Rock You", it's been about 9/10 years since I went to see it though. 

I confess to loving Les Miserables; I don't know if it is because my sister used to play the soundtrack on repeat...

"Do you hear the people sing..."

Tune.

Best film musical, surely as @Losing my hair mentioned it has to be Moulin Rouge? Although The Rocky Horror show runs it close! Grease and The Little Shop of Horrors get honourable mentions!

Love a good musical! 

Best musical TV episode, "Once More with Feeling" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"You got the mustard ouuutttttt..."

• Upvote 1
Just now, vintagelaureate said:

@ShakeyCrash I loved "We Will Rock You", it's been about 9/10 years since I went to see it though. 

I confess to loving Les Miserables; I don't know if it is because my sister used to play the soundtrack on repeat...

Tune.

Best film musical, surely as @Losing my hair mentioned it has to be Moulin Rouge? Although The Rocky Horror show runs it close! Grease and The Little Shop of Horrors get honourable mentions!

Love a good musical! 

Grease was good but Grease 2 was better x

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I have a few guess the song/intro games from earlier in lockdown... if I'm not online I can email. 

36 minutes ago, Homer said:

Best song from a musical ever. 'You give a little love and it all comes back to you, You know you're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do' is like a whole life philosophy.

I remember listening to those lyrics over the end credits suddenly having my mind blown, having one of those revelations that's profound almost because of how mundane and obvious it is; not the love but, but the "things that you say and do". No matter what you think or feel inside, no matter what you meant, it's ultimately all comes down to what you say and what you do that affects how the rest of the world see you. There's a sense that nothing else really matters. Words and actions, that's it man.

But coming at things from a place of love will always help, because that will colour everything you say and do. So, yeah 🤯, those lyrics really got me thinking one day!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Grease was good but Grease 2 was better x

Let’s do it for our country, the red, white and the blue!  Still prefer Grease though sorry!

8 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Tune.

Love a good musical! 

Love Les Miserables, love Buffy and love that episode.

My song would be “You can’t stop the beat” obviously unless we are including non-original songs at which point i may plump for your song in moulin rouge which i thought was really well done.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although the ending of Grease 2 where the cool loner hero, after beating the awful bullies gets his ultimate triumphant victory by...being allowed to join their gang???

Yeah, the end of Grease 1 isn’t really that great either. Where the woman compromises who she is to be more of the women she thinks the man would want her to be.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although the ending of Grease 2 where the cool loner hero, after beating the awful bullies gets his ultimate triumphant victory by...being allowed to join their gang???

Thats true. But it still beats the first one 

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Yeah, the end of Grease 1 isn’t really that great either. Where the woman compromises who she is to be more of the women she thinks the man would want her to be.

Yeah, basically the same shitty "don't be true to yourself" moral for both films!

Although I do like a film that ends with a flying car.