Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

70” Ambilight TV. Watching some Trance laser shows now. 

If it’s Philips @vintagelaureate has similar ... have a look at the Philips hue range ... you will be able to sync the whole lot with the tv .... that’s what I’ve got ... but without the tv ... bloody expensive ... but fantastic and they last 

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

@crazyfool1 I’ve just bought a new toy you’re going to appreciate. Got to love a light show

This was pre Christmas, I've got two additional lights since then and my sound system set up.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:21 PM, crazyfool1 said:

If it’s Philips @vintagelaureate has similar ... have a look at the Philips hue range ... you will be able to sync the whole lot with the tv .... that’s what I’ve got ... but without the tv ... bloody expensive ... but fantastic and they last 

You weren’t joking. £75 for two bulbs. I’ll wait for them to go on offer. Need to look in to how they would sync in with the TV. How would they know what colour to show. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

You weren’t joking. £75 for two bulbs. I’ll wait for them to go on offer. Need to look in to how they would sync in with the TV. How would they know what colour to show. 

I’m not sure as I don’t have the tv .... but @vintagelaureate can advise I’m sure .... mine sync to music at the moment .... I’m sure the tv wasn’t cheap 🙂 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I got one of the 9 series ones (they’re the 4 sided Ambilights)  on Black Friday, can’t believe what I got it for retrospectively as it is now £600 more for the just tv than I paid for it (and I got some bulbs included too).  

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Argos occasionally have offers (but they’re usually savings on purchases e.g. buy the light bars and get the go half price), and eBay is good if you look at reputable sellers. Your TV acts as the sync Hub - it sends the colour signals to the lights. There are two things you do: using the Hue app you set up an entertainment zone which allows you to position the lights where they are in the room and then on the TV settings you link them all in. You have to have a Hue Bridge though for it to work. The Hue Bridge is usually in a starter pack with 3 standard bulbs and the dimmer switch for around £130. When you sync the lights on the TV it allows you to position their height. Whole set up only takes about 5/10 minutes once you’ve unboxed the lights and plugged them in! I’ve had to reset it up once or twice due to the occasionally syncing issue but nothing major. 

I’ve currently got the Ambilight linked to three play bars, a Philips Go, the main light, and two candle bulbs. I still want to get a light strip too! I used the other bulbs from the starter pack in my kids’ rooms. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I suddenly have some spare cash that I had put aside for a special occasion. Might have to go shopping again. 

🥺

My logic behind was to bring the cinema to my house with everything that is going on. 

Argos usually have some kind of offer on every few weeks. 

If you need a hand setting it up (which you won't 😂), just let me know.