Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

36 minutes ago, Homer said:

Best song from a musical ever. 'You give a little love and it all comes back to you, You know you're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do' is like a whole life philosophy.

I remember listening to those lyrics over the end credits suddenly having my mind blown, having one of those revelations that's profound almost because of how mundane and obvious it is; not the love but, but the "things that you say and do". No matter what you think or feel inside, no matter what you meant, it's ultimately all comes down to what you say and what you do that affects how the rest of the world see you. There's a sense that nothing else really matters. Words and actions, that's it man.

But coming at things from a place of love will always help, because that will colour everything you say and do. So, yeah 🤯, those lyrics really got me thinking one day!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Grease was good but Grease 2 was better x

Let’s do it for our country, the red, white and the blue!  Still prefer Grease though sorry!

8 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

@ShakeyCrash I loved "We Will Rock You", it's been about 9/10 years since I went to see it though. 

I confess to loving Les Miserables; I don't know if it is because my sister used to play the soundtrack on repeat...

"Do you hear the people sing..."

Tune.

Best film musical, surely as @Losing my hair mentioned it has to be Moulin Rouge? Although The Rocky Horror show runs it close! Grease and The Little Shop of Horrors get honourable mentions!

Love a good musical! 

Best musical TV episode, "Once More with Feeling" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"You got the mustard ouuutttttt..."

Love Les Miserables, love Buffy and love that episode.

My song would be “You can’t stop the beat” obviously unless we are including non-original songs at which point i may plump for your song in moulin rouge which i thought was really well done.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although the ending of Grease 2 where the cool loner hero, after beating the awful bullies gets his ultimate triumphant victory by...being allowed to join their gang???

Yeah, the end of Grease 1 isn’t really that great either. Where the woman compromises who she is to be more of the women she thinks the man would want her to be.

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Yeah, the end of Grease 1 isn’t really that great either. Where the woman compromises who she is to be more of the women she thinks the man would want her to be.

Yeah, basically the same shitty "don't be true to yourself" moral for both films!

Although I do like a film that ends with a flying car.

11 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Grease was good but Grease 2 was better x

11 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Grease, and I presume Grease 2 - never seen it, is but a pale imitation of West Side Story. America - one of the all time great tunes. 

11 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

please watch grease 2 x

10 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I suspect that I would rather pull my own teeth out but I promise to check with my daughter (who likes this sort of thing) which is the better film. 

Checked with my daughter and "no way is Grease 2 better". Sorry.

She does however like Moulin Rouge, Sound of Music and both Mamma Mias

12 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Let’s do it for our country, the red, white and the blue!  Still prefer Grease though sorry!

Love Les Miserables, love Buffy and love that episode.

My song would be “You can’t stop the beat” obviously unless we are including non-original songs at which point i may plump for your song in moulin rouge which i thought was really well done.

Buffy was my favourite show in the early '00s. I didn't have Sky One, so my friend used to record it for me onto VHS and I used to run round (about 3 miles) at 10pm on a Friday night to get it! Angel too, when that was on.