Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I have tickets to we will rock you when this all ends. Sure I’ll have seen worse though. You seen book of Mormons? Watched that (again) in the hippodrome just before lockdown and it’s up there. @Kalopsia needs to see the mama mia musical i feel (i think he said he hasn’t seen it on one of our meets but may have been mistaken because of drink). I loved it too but i think I’d have to go for Hairspray or Jersey Boys. Watched singing in the rain from the safety of the Circle and enjoyed that too.

Oh yeah, Mormon was v good (And I don't even like South Park). I tell you what I really hated. I know everyone loved it but I found Hamilton torturous. Three hours of people rapping about the American constitution. It was like a bad Whose Line Is It Anyway? skit that had gotten way out of hand. I found it cringey.

20 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I have tickets to we will rock you when this all ends. Sure I’ll have seen worse though. You seen book of Mormons? Watched that (again) in the hippodrome just before lockdown and it’s up there. @Kalopsia needs to see the mama mia musical i feel (i think he said he hasn’t seen it on one of our meets but may have been mistaken because of drink). I loved it too but i think I’d have to go for Hairspray or Jersey Boys. Watched singing in the rain from the safety of the Circle and enjoyed that too.

Was in the stalls for Singing in the Rain, which was great when they did the bit where they make a deliberate point of booting gallons of water over the audience (it really was a very different time!).

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Oh yeah, Mormon was v good (And I don't even like South Park). I tell you what I really hated. I know everyone loved it but I found Hamilton torturous. Three hours of people rapping about the American constitution. It was like a bad Whose Line Is It Anyway? skit that had gotten way out of hand. I found it cringey.

I loved Hamilton but was drunk watching it. Went with mates to London to watch chemicals at all points east and decided to watch it the day before. They had no interest so i had a few beers, went to the theatre, sent them a picture of the theatre saying “i have arrives”, had wine, got confused by the tube so decided to run 4k to where they ended up.  It was a simpler time!

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Was in the stalls for Singing in the Rain, which was great when they did the bit where they make a deliberate point of booting gallons of water over the audience (it really was a very different time!).

Yep, ours was on over Christmas so thankfully some had umbrellas to shield themselves with.

26 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I haven't seen it no, on my list are Dirty Dancing, Mamma Mia, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Everybody's Talking About Jamie and Caberet. I've decided I need to go to the theatre more and support them. 

16 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

How have you never seen Chitty chitty bang bang??!!!! 😮

It's so good, Truly Scrumptious is my favourite song. 

8 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I haven't seen it no, on my list are Dirty Dancing, Mamma Mia, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Everybody's Talking About Jamie and Caberet. I've decided I need to go to the theatre more and support them. 

It's so good, Truly Scrumptious is my favourite song. 

Best song from a musical ever. 'You give a little love and it all comes back to you, You know you're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do' is like a whole life philosophy.

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

While having a nice hot bath ( or baff if youz frum round yer ) , I was thinking..

New Years games ... I got a pub quiz game , basically a shite load of questions that could be some fun .

also , is anyone cleaver enough with some audio editing software to throw together some “ guess the intro clips “ 

what about some of these identifying areas of Glasto from obscure camera angles or clips.

What a good idea x

@ShakeyCrash I loved "We Will Rock You", it's been about 9/10 years since I went to see it though. 

I confess to loving Les Miserables; I don't know if it is because my sister used to play the soundtrack on repeat...

"Do you hear the people sing..."

Tune.

Best film musical, surely as @Losing my hair mentioned it has to be Moulin Rouge? Although The Rocky Horror show runs it close! Grease and The Little Shop of Horrors get honourable mentions!

Love a good musical! 

Best musical TV episode, "Once More with Feeling" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"You got the mustard ouuutttttt..."

• Upvote 1

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

@ShakeyCrash I loved "We Will Rock You", it's been about 9/10 years since I went to see it though. 

I confess to loving Les Miserables; I don't know if it is because my sister used to play the soundtrack on repeat...

"Do you hear the people sing..."

Tune.

Best film musical, surely as @Losing my hair mentioned it has to be Moulin Rouge? Although The Rocky Horror show runs it close! Grease and The Little Shop of Horrors get honourable mentions!

Love a good musical! 

Best musical TV episode, "Once More with Feeling" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"You got the mustard ouuutttttt..."

Grease was good but Grease 2 was better x

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

While having a nice hot bath ( or baff if youz frum round yer ) , I was thinking..

New Years games ... I got a pub quiz game , basically a shite load of questions that could be some fun .

also , is anyone cleaver enough with some audio editing software to throw together some “ guess the intro clips “ 

what about some of these identifying areas of Glasto from obscure camera angles or clips.

I have a few guess the song/intro games from earlier in lockdown... if I'm not online I can email.