Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

Are we talking film musical or theatre musical?  Film wise, i’d go for Sunshine on Leith purely because i watched it just before Glastonbury 2015 and THAT acoustic set. Singin’ in the rain would be number 2 I think.

Theatre is a lot tricker as there are so many and it depends on cast, production, where you see it and who you see it with!

Surely the answer is Hedwig?

I genuinely believe that if those songs had been released as part of a standard album by a regular band, several of them could have been hits that would be considered classics today.

Same, to a much lesser and I suspect much more controversial degree applies to Josie & The Pussycats.

38 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Are we talking film musical or theatre musical?  Film wise, i’d go for Sunshine on Leith purely because i watched it just before Glastonbury 2015 and THAT acoustic set. Singin’ in the rain would be number 2 I think.

Theatre is a lot tricker as there are so many and it depends on cast, production, where you see it and who you see it with!

The best west end musical I've seen would prob be Singing in the Rain, though Mamma Mia! is a very decent number two.

I think the worst would have to be We Will Rock You.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

The best west end musical I've seen would prob be Singing in the Rain, though Mamma Mia! is a very decent number two.

I think the worst would have to be We Will Rock You.

I have tickets to we will rock you when this all ends. Sure I’ll have seen worse though. You seen book of Mormons? Watched that (again) in the hippodrome just before lockdown and it’s up there. @Kalopsia needs to see the mama mia musical i feel (i think he said he hasn’t seen it on one of our meets but may have been mistaken because of drink). I loved it too but i think I’d have to go for Hairspray or Jersey Boys. Watched singing in the rain from the safety of the Circle and enjoyed that too.

Definately Priscilla the theatre production I loved don’t think I sat still all the way through!! I watched the film afterwards as hadn’t seen it before!!!

have to say I was also impressed by the theatre production of Dirty Dancing! Didn’t think they would be able to match the film but they certainly did!! The end scene had the whole place up and singing!!