Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok I reckon it’s time to schedule the next one .... next weekend 10th and 11th Dec .... I’d imagine after that we might be able to get another in pre Christmas 🎄 :) as always everybody welcome :) 

I'll schedule it for you all, but there is no way I can make those dates... nightmare undertaking in my house right now. 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I'll schedule it for you all, but there is no way I can make those dates... nightmare undertaking in my house right now. 

thats a shame ... its gonna look incredible when you finish though :) .... hopefully you can decide on a date for the Christmas one and schedule that :) thanks VL .... 

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Much as I’m keen I don’t think anyone will be doing a virtual meet with me on xmas day :) 

I will!! And Xmas eve!

Can't do next weekend tho, well I might be able to pop on for a little bit Friday but Saturday there's loads of boxing on so i won't make it xx

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

I will!! And Xmas eve!

Can't do next weekend tho, well I might be able to pop on for a little bit Friday but Saturday there's loads of boxing on so i won't make it xx

Was trying to schedule one when you weren’t at shauns :) it’s always entertaining having you on board :) 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Was trying to schedule one when you weren’t at shauns :) it’s always entertaining having you on board :) 

I'm not sure when I'm home yet, but I'll let u know when I know. Hopefully I'll be able to get on for a bit next Friday 

20 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I will try and make another one before Xmas, probably won't make a Christmas eve or day one as I have a lot on plate trying to stay awake for the entirety of the day and be merry 😂

😂😂 you're so funny 

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm glad you appreciate it haha. I'm so grumpy most of the time it's terrible! Need to make sure I've got plenty of Baileys ready 😉

The most Christmassy drink!

(I don't think you're grumpy, nothing but a delight as far as I'm concerned 😘)

Just now, Wellyboot said:

The most Christmassy drink!

(I don't think you're grumpy, nothing but a delight as far as I'm concerned 😘)

So Christmassy! Baileys hot chocolate after a morning sea swim on Christmas day...delightful! (even better this year as I'm running to the beach) 

I'm not prepared to say you're a poor judge of character....but I'd strongly recommend you reconsider. Ha-ha 😂

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

So Christmassy! Baileys hot chocolate after a morning sea swim on Christmas day...delightful! (even better this year as I'm running to the beach) 

I'm not prepared to say you're a poor judge of character....but I'd strongly recommend you reconsider. Ha-ha 😂

Sea swimming in December? You're crazy you'll freeze!! 😂 please don't freeze!!

Hahaha well you've been nothing but lovely to me so.... 😜

6 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Ha ha that’s quite random I was just chatting about outdoor swimming with my brother in law ... pretty landlocked here .... but he suggested the canal :) 

Just now, Wellyboot said:

Sea swimming in December? You're crazy you'll freeze!! 😂 please don't freeze!!

Hahaha well you've been nothing but lovely to me so.... 😜

Yea it's so refreshing! Gets me ready for all the food and drink! Don't worry I won't do a Jack Dawson (Titanic pun, god I love that film).

Aww you're very sweet! Ditto! 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Ha ha that’s quite random I was just chatting about outdoor swimming with my brother in law ... pretty landlocked here .... but he suggested the canal :) 

There's normally a massive crowd that do it as an organised event for charity.... here's a picture of it! A canal may suffice? 

image.jpeg.4a59bb199b7c35b2981d02c09fa03019.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

There's normally a massive crowd that do it as an organised event for charity.... here's a picture of it! A canal may suffice? 

image.jpeg.4a59bb199b7c35b2981d02c09fa03019.jpeg

My sister and parents did one in Kent ... I used to swim in the lakes on my trip to NZ ... really good stuff ... the canal is grim though ... full of pike weed and shopping trolleys ... but will enjoy trying it again someday 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My sister and parents did one in Kent ... I used to swim in the lakes on my trip to NZ ... really good stuff ... the canal is grim though ... full of pike weed and shopping trolleys ... but will enjoy trying it again someday 

Ewww perhaps not then...sounds pretty grim! I bet NZ was amazing! I was definitely going to go for a fresh water swim in Canada on my failed trip.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve got friends who do the new years day dash up in the North East. Now that is cold. 

You southerners don’t know what cold is! 

Alright you, there's no need to get the ruler out. 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve got friends who do the new years day dash up in the North East. Now that is cold. 

You southerners don’t know what cold is! 

I worked in freezers in a tshirt ..... that’s around minus 24 !! So I think I’ve some idea .... and swum in glacial lakes .... is there a special sea temperature up north ? :) 

They do something called the Loony Dook in Edinburgh (well South Queensferry to be precise) in the Firth of Forth on New Years Day which I have never done though.

Talking about New Zealand when we were there a few years back my children decided they wanted to go swimming (I think it might have been up at Waitangi) and it was freezing- they were getting some strange looks from others.

LD.jpg

12 minutes ago, dondo said:

They do something called the Loony Dook in Edinburgh (well South Queensferry to be precise) in the Firth of Forth on New Years Day which I have never done though.

Talking about New Zealand when we were there a few years back my children decided they wanted to go swimming (I think it might have been up at Waitangi) and it was freezing- they were getting some strange looks from others.

LD.jpg

That looks great fun! I do like to take part in random things where I can, I do remember a "Santa pub crawl" which was people dressed up as Santa's running to 7 pubs for 7 pints totalling about 10km in the end I think, that would be great fun but I bet the last jog would be SO slow with all that beer sloshing around.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I worked in freezers in a tshirt ..... that’s around minus 24 !! So I think I’ve some idea .... and swum in glacial lakes .... is there a special sea temperature up north ? :) 

We have a special cold that targets those from the south. Peculiar thing 🤔😉