Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There were a lot of them. Each day we got to choose one a lot of people picked newer albums as it was a re-run of something that some of them did a couple of years before but I personally have a 10 year rule that I use for classic albums. I chose Tracy Chapman by Tracy Chapman. Probably my first grown up album that I liked. 

The person who ran it has published every one that was ever picked. 

https://albummasterpieces.wordpress.com/ 

Love to see Songs in the Key of life ( probably the first album I listened to in its entirety,  and Human League - Dare there. I posted on here a few years ago asking for people to post the top 5 albums that they could honestly say shaped their musical tastes and listening habits, Songs in the key of life was one of them.

6 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Love to see Songs in the Key of life ( probably the first album I listened to in its entirety,  and Human League - Dare there. I posted on here a few years ago asking for people to post the top 5 albums that they could honestly say shaped their musical tastes and listening habits, Songs in the key of life was one of them.

Yes definitely a masterpiece. It's quite a good group as there's lots of varied tastes amongst them. I quite like being taken out of my musical comfort zone. I listened to all of them. Don't agree with them all and they didn't all win me over but that's the thing about music. You can't help what you personally connect with and what you don't. 

43 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes definitely a masterpiece. It's quite a good group as there's lots of varied tastes amongst them. I quite like being taken out of my musical comfort zone. I listened to all of them. Don't agree with them all and they didn't all win me over but that's the thing about music. You can't help what you personally connect with and what you don't. 

Agreed, love listening to new stuff,  for instance, I'd never bothered listening to Fiona Apple. Don't know why I did, think someone on here mentioned her new album. Listened to a few tracks from 10 years ago and liked what I heard, she was very young then but intrigued enough to try out an album or two. Seems a bit Alanis Morissette,  not a bad thing though.

Edited by ghandi

5 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i feel inspired to drag out the large boxes of that round black plastic stuff from the loft , and see if i can get the old turntable working , its got to be 20 yrs or more since i last spun them up 🙂 . i can see a trip down the rabbit hole of memorys coming ....

Welcome to a world of fun. May I recommend the discogs app as well you can log your collection and see how much it's worth (even if you never intend to sell it you can justify buying more because you can pretend it's an investment)

Doh I mssed this (again), but had my first night out, watched a touch of live music (outside), it was emotional … and ended up in a beachside old  pub drinking old rosie at 6.8% - I am a lightweight - I only had 2 pints (lol) . Walked home, past some fields of onions that has been picked but not packed so for some inexplicable reason I climbed into the field and filled my dungaree pockets and down the front of them with onions from the field .... then looked like wurzel gummidge on the rest of my walk home - thank goodness I didn't see a soul... but I did wake up to 21 muddy onions - there are no words for my behaviour when drinking cider. (that's why I rarely drink ) . I wil try to make it next month :-)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Doh I mssed this (again), but had my first night out, watched a touch of live music (outside), it was emotional … and ended up in a beachside old  pub drinking old rosie at 6.8% - I am a lightweight - I only had 2 pints (lol) . Walked home, past some fields of onions that has been picked but not packed so for some inexplicable reason I climbed into the field and filled my dungaree pockets and down the front of them with onions from the field .... then looked like wurzel gummidge on the rest of my walk home - thank goodness I didn't see a soul... but I did wake up to 21 muddy onions - there are no words for my behaviour when drinking cider. (that's why I rarely drink ) . I wil try to make it next month 🙂

well I guess like the onions the meet will have you crying ...... with laughter :)  see you at the next one 

• Like 1

Aaaagh , turn tables, now theres a thing of my long lost past, haven't had one of those since the invention of the CD, don't even buy those anymore i'm sad to say. Not great at supporting the artists i'll admit. I hope they get some back from Spotify clicks though. I'll be paying for Sevdalizas new album release online gig at the end of the month though.

12 hours ago, dondo said:

He seems to be settling in pretty well too. Like having a baby around again with lack of sleep and toilet training!

Good luck with it. The puppy months can be tricky (that's why they are so cute - it's a defence mechanism to stop you killing them!) He's gorgeous. Hope the land shark phase is short and painless for you. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Big durbs said:

ahhh , my copy of Kenny Everett , snot rap on green venal is worth a hole £1.00 lol , i can see i will have fun with this later when i get the box down from the loft. 

I'm not knowledgeable enough about exactly which editions I should use for some of them but my mother-in-law gave us her vinyl as well and she had some Beatles vinyl which would have been from 1st release and it claims some of them are worth a bit. I expect it depends on condition and these have been well played.