Virtual Meet

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What a fabulous idea. I may even go for it. I may have to wear a mask though, in order to spare you all the gory details. I've lost nearly all my teeth now because of drug abuse. It's not a look that's going to catch on very soon, like beards took off. Actually, I've just thought of something, which could fit the bill.

Wear whatever you like .... ok perhaps not ... that’s possibly like a red rag to a bull and having seen that previous avatar might shock a few ... will be good if u can make it :) 

57 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wear whatever you like .... ok perhaps not ... that’s possibly like a red rag to a bull and having seen that previous avatar might shock a few ... will be good if u can make it :) 

Cheers crazyfool1 :)

PS - I don't really wear rubber suits. That said the idea I had was to wear a new military gas mask that I have. However, it then occurred to me that I couldn't really talk through it. And if you want to know - I bought the mask for an artwork which didn't get off the ground, not for any perverted reasons! 

3 minutes ago, ghandi said:

How long will it last do you think? Might be popping in around 9pm as busy up until then. Wish this wasn't the case and was gearing up for out drive down, not do be 😥

hopefully we will still be going ... cant be sure with these things ... but thats very much the intention ....drop in and out as is necessary as many people have kids / food etc that might need dealing with :) 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not sure I can do this, if Liverpool win today then I’ll be watching them win the title on Wednesday evening!

im going to be watching that too ..... people might just have to ignore my shrieks of excitement and lap of honour .... we should be on here before and after the match too 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

In my experience with zoom drinking sessions is that things don’t start getting lively till around 9pm. 😁

Perfect :) ... online consultation the next day with hospital consultant is going to be interesting as he will be able to see my blood sugars for this and my bday the day before ... I’ve been having some issues and they go direct to him at the moment ... 

On 6/16/2020 at 1:49 PM, Wellyboot said:

Good shout :)

just got myself a new efests top for the occasion since I've had my other about 5 years :lol:

I'm excited for this, but am v nervous as usual.. am such a wuss!!

Somehow it seems like it's more nerve wracking! Probably because I'll be sober when I turn up, whereas at the point of the efests meet up last year I was well on the way 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Somehow it seems like it's more nerve wracking! Probably because I'll be sober when I turn up, whereas at the point of the efests meet up last year I was well on the way 

I think that too! :lol: 

I'm a very anxious person anyway so things like meets take me ages to build myself up to but you know in real life there is gonna be lots of people stood about. This isn't real life what if I'm the only one there or I forget what to say :lol: its silly I know but I keep thinking about it haha!!! 

Really gutted over a clash.  A three line family whip to attend a gathering where niece will be celebrating being with child.  Was so hoping to have my only festival get together of the year and put faces to names.  If you're still going later in the evening I'd love to join you.

56 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I think that too! :lol: 

I'm a very anxious person anyway so things like meets take me ages to build myself up to but you know in real life there is gonna be lots of people stood about. This isn't real life what if I'm the only one there or I forget what to say :lol: its silly I know but I keep thinking about it haha!!! 

I've never managed to attend a physical meet, I've bottled out of the Glastonbury ones (missed last year's due to late arrival) and I couldn't find anyone at the Boomtown one! 

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've never managed to attend a physical meet, I've bottled out of the Glastonbury ones (missed last year's due to late arrival) and I couldn't find anyone at the Boomtown one! 

I've only ever been to two. I've walked past about 5 Glastonbury efests meets and got scared so kept walking :lol: 2017 @bennyhana22 collected me and took me to the meet so that was my first! I was so nervous tho! I think boomtown 2018 we went to the meet too, but there was only a few people there and didn't stay for long, I remember the only reason we found it was because I with @lucyginger and she recognised someone! Otherwise we'd have been walking round that bar for ages :) 

9 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I've only ever been to two. I've walked past about 5 Glastonbury efests meets and got scared so kept walking :lol: 2017 @bennyhana22 collected me and took me to the meet so that was my first! I was so nervous tho! I think boomtown 2018 we went to the meet too, but there was only a few people there and didn't stay for long, I remember the only reason we found it was because I with @lucyginger and she recognised someone! Otherwise we'd have been walking round that bar for ages :) 

I spoke to someone at Boomtown initially thinking it was @lucyginger but it wasn't! 😂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Ha! In 2018 I was wondering around that bar for ages!!? So weird, you guys must have been so close to us (my friend and I found tommy101 and his friend). 2019 was a bit more successful...met quite few folk who I kept bumping in to over the weekend. However, it doesn't compare to the glasto meeting up!!

@vintagelaureate was that last year?