NOS Alive 2021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, moz4pm said:

The new Deftones album is incrddible, one of the best of their career. Really hope they play Nos.

They are announced for another Portuguese festival, in May (North Music Festival), as headliners. It is in Oporto, but can't see them playing again in July in NOS Alive.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:44 PM, MeMeMeM said:

They are announced for another Portuguese festival, in May (North Music Festival), as headliners. It is in Oporto, but can't see them playing again in July in NOS Alive.

They're also playing a Spanish festival in May and are then back in Spain twice for Mad Cool and Barcelona, weekend of NOS so i'd say there's a very good chance they will NOS as well.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, moz4pm said:

They're also playing a Spanish festival in May and are then back in Spain twice for Mad Cool and Barcelona, weekend of NOS so i'd say there's a very good chance they will NOS as well.

Well, I understand your point. But what can I say? Portugakl is not Spain. Portugal is a very small country. It is very unusual festivals share their headliners among them. Being headliners of North Music Festival, can't see them playing NOS Alive. But I might be wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

Hello people! Seriously considering this just wondering if anyone has previously been and done the camping? Currently weighing up between camping and Air BnB.

Never been to camping but I suggest you to book a room/apartment close to Cais do Sodrè station: there's a train every half an hour all night long from the festival area to that station and home rental is cheap in Portugal. I felt comfortable with that.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Any ideas on the final headliners? I saw Billie was heavily rumoured then said something about cancelling the tour. Tempted to go see MCR in Prague but don't want to double book them.

Billie Eilish should be the headliner of Friday, since she was heavily advertised both by mad cool, both by nos Alive, so she definitely will play Thursday at mad cool and Friday at nos Alive. A couple of weeks ago, Alvaro Covões (CEO of everything is new) also published some IG stories with tracks of Eilish and in October both nos Alive and mad cool advertised the virtual concert of Billie. Thus, I bet Billie will perform in both the festivals.

6 minutes ago, Eugenio said:

Billie Eilish should be the headliner of Friday, since she was heavily advertised both by mad cool, both by nos Alive, so she definitely will play Thursday at mad cool and Friday at nos Alive. A couple of weeks ago, Alvaro Covões (CEO of everything is new) also published some IG stories with tracks of Eilish and in October both nos Alive and mad cool advertised the virtual concert of Billie. Thus, I bet Billie will perform in both the festivals.

Based on their Instagram comments, I bet that Kendrick Lamar is also nailed on.

@Eugenio are you from Portugal? Can you share what is the general vibe out there regarding festivals, concerts etc. in 2021?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mln said:

Based on their Instagram comments, I bet that Kendrick Lamar is also nailed on.

@Eugenio are you from Portugal? Can you share what is the general vibe out there regarding festivals, concerts etc. in 2021?

No, I'm from Italy. Here Billie is also set to perform in Milan in July at I-days festival. Regarding Kendrick, perhaps he will be the headliner of Wednesday, as he is touring Europe and is just scheduled to play several feativals in the same dates, but not the 7 July

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eugenio said:

No, I'm from Italy. Here Billie is also set to perform in Milan in July at I-days festival.

Originally booked for July 2020, the 2021 date hasn't been announced yet, just to be more precise.

Anyway, the latest news on the i-Days Festival home page (from September) still speaks about a 2021 Billie's date to be announced ASAP. 

The Official Facebook Event date has been temporarily set to 31th December 2021, one month ago.

In conclusion, her summer festival tour has been spoiled almost everywhere but not officially confirmed yet 😁 

Edited by gigi21

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, charlierc said:

Can anyone really be sure about anything right now?

Festival promoters in Portugal met yesterday with the Government to find solutions.
Yesterday was the first working meeting to "define a strategy that allows" the holding of festivals and concerts in 2021. It seems that the government will create a working group to define the necessary rules or procedures so that, even in the current context, different types of events can be held without, however, compromising public health.

They will meet again in 15 days, will define a strategy that will ensure that, in 2021, they can enjoy a summer festival or music concert without jeopardizing everyone's health. They are dependent on the news, it is only at this meeting in 15 days that there will be more "white smoke".

Festival Promoters' suggestions:
- Create bubble spaces free of covid-19 (who has a vaccine or has a negative test)
- Collaboration with several laboratories, in the sense of, 'whoever has a ticket, go to the laboratory and do the test'
- Alcohol Gel in backpacks offered at entry.
- Cashless
- Cecyclable cups

Edited by Daniel Ferreira
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Festival promoters in Portugal met yesterday with the Government to find solutions.
Yesterday was the first working meeting to "define a strategy that allows" the holding of festivals and concerts in 2021. It seems that the government will create a working group to define the necessary rules or procedures so that, even in the current context, different types of events can be held without, however, compromising public health.

They will meet again in 15 days, will define a strategy that will ensure that, in 2021, they can enjoy a summer festival or music concert without jeopardizing everyone's health. They are dependent on the news, it is only at this meeting in 15 days that there will be more "white smoke".

Festival Promoters' suggestions:
- Create bubble spaces free of covid-19 (who has a vaccine or has a negative test)
- Collaboration with several laboratories, in the sense of, 'whoever has a ticket, go to the laboratory and do the test'
- Alcohol Gel in backpacks offered at entry.
- Cashless
- Cecyclable cups

Tbf that's in line with what many have been saying is a likely option for gigs and seems like more than the UK has currently come up with (though I believe their plans aren't far off).

Those are plausible solutions tbf, but again, it's dependent on working out how it can be practically done. I guess we are where we are in trying to work out how to have big crowds in a time where big crowds aren't ideal.

I guess the question is can numbers be brought down quickly enough by the time the summer season comes around. Which is easier in some places than others - certainly, I feel like a lot needs to happen in the UK and Ireland to bring the numbers down sufficiently. Same as well with the US and particularly California, which is one that feels integral given many of the acts playing festivals will be from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Álvaro Covões (Director of Nos Alive) said today:
"... the strategy that is being put on the table is aimed at holding events but that the evolution of vaccination will play a leading role"
He also says that the conversations that exist in Portugal with the Government are similar to those taking place in other countries.

Although this is a positive sign of what they are doing, everything is still very early. A new meeting (second meeting) is scheduled for next February 3rd.

The main objective of the meeting is to study exactly the possibility of creating bubbles in events, as is done today in hospitals.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Álvaro Covões (Director of Nos Alive) said today:
"... the strategy that is being put on the table is aimed at holding events but that the evolution of vaccination will play a leading role"
He also says that the conversations that exist in Portugal with the Government are similar to those taking place in other countries.

Although this is a positive sign of what they are doing, everything is still very early. A new meeting (second meeting) is scheduled for next February 3rd.

The main objective of the meeting is to study exactly the possibility of creating bubbles in events, as is done today in hospitals.

Bubbles?