One thing you will miss .....

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Setting my caravan up in CV East on a Tuesday then walking to the top of the Hill of Death and looking at the site all lit up below me.

That Tuesday night on top of the HoD with family and friends... watching the newbies looking with wonder (not that i havent felt like that every year)... The anticipation is almost overwhelming.

Just this very minute watching newsnight and a nurse was asked after such a traumatic few months if she had any holidays booked.  She looked into the camera and said Glastonbury!  Mentioned it was her annual escape from her job! So sad!   We can all relate to her sentiments 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

(not that i havent felt like that every year)... 

Yep. Every year. Never remember just how big it is. Or how long and absolutely strenuous the hike and getting in can be (which is probably the biggest thing I won't miss).

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just this very minute watching newsnight and a nurse was asked after such a traumatic few months if she had any holidays booked.  She looked into the camera and said Glastonbury!  Mentioned it was her annual escape from her job! So sad!   We can all relate to her sentiments 

Wish I'd seen that. It was on in the background (I'm on here and playing poker).

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I'll miss the times when you just stop and think "this is mental" (in a good way). 

E.g. finding a 15ft high waterfall in the middle of a field in Somerset

The amount of times I must say this over the week. Nothing about the place fails to amaze me and I love it so much. 

• Upvote 1

I'll miss meeting the friends I only usually see at the festival, generally early wednesday for a beer at the Avaon Inn or somewhere near there.

feeling slightly down today as i've 'unbooked' my week off work - I'm still working (from home) but we are shorted staffed, so I know that even if I was off work, I'd be working anyway, so saving my holiday for optimistic better times later in the year.

48 minutes ago, mazola said:

knowing for 5 days you are at the epicentre of the universe

Well put. This as well.

I phrase it as, "If there is anywhere else on the planet this weekend that is better than here right now, then please tell me about it. Did I miss something?".

The sense of privilege of just being there. 

We're all gonna feel "Location : In Limbo" in a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

Being in a crowd of likeminded people singing your heart out (badly) lol.... I didn't even get ticket but I've missed 3 gigs this week alone... watched IOW best bits tonight and feeling incredibly sad, as how can we go back to this anytime soon??? :(

That excitement of heading out Wednesday evening. This year we had two newbies to take up the hill and tell them not to turn around. Once ready to sit down telling them to look around and seeing the look on their faces as they see the size of the sight and everything in front of them. 

Edited by faymondo

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Meeting up with the Camp Ralph crew and getting quietly pissed on Wednesday night at the eFests meet with with @Wooderson, @The Nal and @Mardy

Ah the eFests meet. I only went for the first time in 2017 (after walking past it for a good few years too shy to go over!!) @bennyhana22 collected us and took us cos I was so scared!! :lol: 

• Like 1