If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

Just now, Kalopsia said:

Christ that makes it even worse! I feel lucky that I can just put a forwarding message in my out of hours and be done with it then. Let's hope you can have a full week next year! 

Let's hope so... but I need to get tickets in the resale first! Cheers! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

You wouldn't believe it... I was waiting from February for it! I had joked saying it would be on Glastonbury day all year, but not actually expecting it. The only reason I hadn't gone with my mates was the 'tiny' chance I'd get the phone call! It could only come up to 11am so I had an agreement with my boss I could leave at 11.10am. The car was packed, alcohol loaded... literally 10.47am the phone rings... 

Broke me! 

That's awful! Ofsted?

This morning, I would've woken up after staying the night in Bristol. Getting on the coach from the station. Normally we go from Bath, but this year I had no other option due to ticket demand.

By now, I'd have met my friends coming from the coach in Bath outside of the queue. Quick re-arrangement of bags so that my friend isn't carrying the entire weight of the camping gear before getting in the Gate A queue.

Instead, I'm sat in my boiling home office in my 3rd of 6 Teams calls of the day. Can we fast forward until 2021?

I would be set up by the fence in the lower far right corner of Bushy Ground after getting onsite about 11ish from Southampton. And in this weather I would be having an 'I am finally here' Glastonbury beer while sunbathing nude around my tent after checking with my neighbours that they don't mind living next door to a naturist (they never do!). 

2 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

I'm not sure what's worse... Not having a ticket (like last year), or having a ticket and the festival is cancelled.

3 years off (including a fallow year in 2018) in a row now.  Its rubbish 😞

Same for me too!! Next year we are gonna have to do some serious partying to make up for it :)

Very sad tho x

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

You wouldn't believe it... I was waiting from February for it! I had joked saying it would be on Glastonbury day all year, but not actually expecting it. The only reason I hadn't gone with my mates was the 'tiny' chance I'd get the phone call! It could only come up to 11am so I had an agreement with my boss I could leave at 11.10am. The car was packed, alcohol loaded... literally 10.47am the phone rings... 

Broke me! 

Jesus Christ, I don’t know how I’d cope with that. Either break down and cry or try to kill the poor messenger. 

My hearts genuinely bleeds for you. 

I've been doing this all day.. Right now I would be... 

Right now I would be.. Probably enjoying a cider in a wooded area given how hot it is! We would be getting ready for our deluxe diner meal before watching the fireworks. 

It's been a really tough day. 

Edited by Larraht
Typo

Right now I would be nudin up at Lost Horizons. Probably sunbathing but could be dancing away clothed just by the sun to a band playing on their groovy stage area or naked trampolining...! I'm doing my best creating naked Thursday at home but I am really missing being in that lovely space right now! 

• Upvote 1