If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

I’d be getting up right now, walking the dog one last time before she’s picked up by family later today, then heading to work and spending the entire day wishing I was already at the farm. Then the second the day ended I’d be in the car, whizz home to pick up Mrs Blutarsky (and probably have a 30 second rinse in the shower) and then driving to Somerset, arriving in the car parks about 6pm. 

I would be waiting for a certain Land Rover to appear in the distance before a man disembarks and reliably confirms that this is the best year ever. Waiting for the moment the gates finally open and some people start pushing through the queue once it moves despite being in the first couple hundred on a site designed for hundreds of thousands. 

It's weird, each time I've gone it's been in a slightly different situation. So I don't know whether at this point I would already be in the queue, waking up early nearby, or just heading down the M6. We didn't get to the point of making these plans.

All I know is that if it weren't for the 'rona, at some point today I would be arriving at Glastonbury and pitching my tent. I'd be bubbling over with excitement for the acts I'd be seeing over the weekend. I'd be in my little slice of heaven. 

• Like 1

Would’ve been my first time getting the coach this year, Depending on my allocated time I’d either be on the coach heading down to the farm or anxiously waiting at a coach stop in Oxford. On the positive side, that would’ve been awful travelling on a coach and setting up a tent in 31 degrees! 

Should’ve been at Reading Services right now meeting the rest of our group for breakfast. Then heading towards Wells for a final pitstop, drive to Pink parking and arrival at gates by 11am.

Man, this sucks today. Have tickets for next year but who knows where things will be by then. 

• Upvote 1

This time last year my friends were already in, pitching the tent in Park Home. 

I was still in the North West, trapped in work, expecting to join them after driving down at 12. 

Only for an impromptu phone call to announce a two day inspection meant I couldn't leave the building until Friday afternoon. 😭

Edited by vintagelaureate

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

This time last year my friends were already in, pitching the tent in Park Home. 

I was still in the North West, trapped in work, expecting to join them after driving down at 12. 

Only for an impromptu phone call to announce a two day inspection meant I couldn't leave the building until Friday afternoon. 😭

That is some of the worst luck and probably the most frustrating phone call ever!

6 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

That is some of the worst luck and probably the most frustrating phone call ever!

You wouldn't believe it... I was waiting from February for it! I had joked saying it would be on Glastonbury day all year, but not actually expecting it. The only reason I hadn't gone with my mates was the 'tiny' chance I'd get the phone call! It could only come up to 11am so I had an agreement with my boss I could leave at 11.10am. The car was packed, alcohol loaded... literally 10.47am the phone rings... 

Broke me! 

Edited by vintagelaureate

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

You wouldn't believe it... I was waiting from February for it! I had joked saying it would be on Glastonbury day all year, but not actually expecting it. The only reason I hadn't gone with my mates was the 'tiny' chance I'd get the phone call! It only come up to 11am so I had an agreement with my boss I could leave at 11.10am. The car was packed, alcohol loaded... literally 10.47am the phone rings... 

Broke me! 

Christ that makes it even worse! I feel lucky that I can just put a forwarding message in my out of hours and be done with it then. Let's hope you can have a full week next year!