If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would have been at England v Czech Republic at Wembley tonight. Probably wouldn’t have headed down to Somerset until Thursday.

Same mate.

I had a stag do in Berlin over the first weekend of the Euros. 

Followed by tickets to the next two England games and (ticket gods permitting) Glastonbury.

My liver and wallet are breathing a huge sigh of relief. 

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Same mate.

I had a stag do in Berlin over the first weekend of the Euros. 

Followed by tickets to the next two England games and (ticket gods permitting) Glastonbury.

My liver and wallet are breathing a huge sigh of relief. 

I had all three of England’s group games, plus one of the semis at Wembley. At least we’ll still be able to go when it finally goes ahead.

By now, all being well, caravan would be pitched and sorted. Gas checked and working, water barrels filled and working.  Just had a cup of coffee, put the awning, flagpoles and lights up and off to meet my neighbours and track down any mates parked up in the CV Fields.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

The only consolation.

In 24 hours and a bit I'd probably be having a pint with you. And everyone else at the meet.

Heh, yeah we usually manage a catch up there dont we tho i've usually always overdone it by then since setting up so end up talking bollox.

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Heh, yeah we usually manage a catch up there dont we tho i've usually always overdone it by then since setting up so end up talking bollox.

Never. You're always a bastion of sanity.

Not sure what you're like afterwards after sampling wares mind. Don't you usually have a tale about what you got up to after the previous years meet :P.

Going on previous years I’d be doing a last minute Tesco run for any bits my  friends on site  needed. Being double thankful that all my weekend kit was already there  and tent was  already pitched. Re check the day bag loads so I knew my ticket / wallet was safe and trying to get some shut eye  ( but failing due to being like a kid at Chrimbo) before leaving home at 6:30 picking up a mate and getting in the que for 7.  Fingers crossed for next year. 

Absolutely fretting and back and forth Tesco for the umteenth time for last minute things I keep forgetting (and remembering). Car would be almost packed up now ready to set off at 2am. I'm beyond sad. I really thought I was okay and had come to terms with it. I actually watched a short 10 minute documentary yesterday about Glastonbury and I cried. What is it with this wonderful magical place that has such an emotional hold over us?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Never. You're always a bastion of sanity.

Not sure what you're like afterwards after sampling wares mind. Don't you usually have a tale about what you got up to after the previous years meet :P.

Usually wrecked. Yeah most trouble seems to be Wed night cos you've kind of got time to recover before missing too much I guess. Tbh Wed / Thur often more messy than Fri-Sun for me. But not this year eh. Its funny but my body is almost feeling like its expecting the physical onslaught that will never come and I feel kind of restless like I need to get going or be somewhere else. Perfectly natural I suppose after all these years...

Should've been my first Glastonbury beginning tomorrow at 8am. But here I am stuck in the middle of A-Level Coursework, listening to Kendrick and dreaming of his lost set, pissing off the neighbours whilst downing a pint to relieve the sadness. Roll on 2021!

If last year was anything to go by I'd be being woken up by the queue right next to my tent in the east campervan field. We had a great spot right next to the path in E20. Sat in my tent listening to the exctied chatter from all those in the queue put a massive smile on my face.