If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

Obviously mine would have been dependent on the resale being a success but I'd be packing up the car tonight as I'd have a final day in work tomorrow, decanting my spirits and do a final shop run.

Failing success, I'd be lying despondently counting the tears as they rolled down my face but wishing those well who were going!

Today I'd probably be feeling a little apprehensive under all the excitement. No matter how much I love where I'm going, I always get a bit of anxiety about being away from home, little whispers of "wouldn't you feel more relaxed right now if you weren't going away anywhere."

Then I'd chat to my friends and get HYPE again and all of the silly whispers would pipe the fuck down :)

• Like 1

Feeling very sad at the moment 😢  I would have just picked up our Campervan at 3:00pm,  and would be in the middle of packing it up for the 8:00pm Ferry from Belfast to Liverpool.

I am not sure whether this feeling is worse for you veterans that know what to expect and are really missing it, or the likes of me who would have been bursting with excitement to get there and see it all for the first time ....

17 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Today I'd probably be feeling a little apprehensive under all the excitement. No matter how much I love where I'm going, I always get a bit of anxiety about being away from home, little whispers of "wouldn't you feel more relaxed right now if you weren't going away anywhere."

This would be my whole day today.

16 hours ago, circus92 said:

Feeling very sad at the moment 😢  I would have just picked up our Campervan at 3:00pm,  and would be in the middle of packing it up for the 8:00pm Ferry from Belfast to Liverpool.

I am not sure whether this feeling is worse for you veterans that know what to expect and are really missing it, or the likes of me who would have been bursting with excitement to get there and see it all for the first time ....

Aaaaah man, I think it sucks equally for everyone. You will get there though!! And my god, imagine the scale of the partying!

Tuesday is always one of those days when you should probably be scurrying around work trying to finish stuff, but you obviously can't think straight. I reckon i'have taken a Flexi day, or certainly been finishing midday today to get the train to Sheffield. 

Had I been successful in the resale I'd have been packing up my car now. We always leave about 10am just after rush hour here and get into the CV fields by about 2pm. Hitting me hard today especially looking at the weather and my shitty workload for the week instead!!

Yeah today and tomorrow I'm sure we'll all be feeling it!

I'm normally unbearable on the Tuesday for anyone I'm working with, I'm like a kid at Christmas x 100.

I would be trying to get so much finished before I go but also just wasting time on here and on just about any weather site. I'd probably pop into town too to pick up just more booze/food/ junk that I don't need to take. 

😭

11 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Yeah today and tomorrow I'm sure we'll all be feeling it!

I'm normally unbearable on the Tuesday for anyone I'm working with, I'm like a kid at Christmas x 100.

I would be trying to get so much finished before I go but also just wasting time on here and on just about any weather site. I'd probably pop into town too to pick up just more booze/food/ junk that I don't need to take. 

😭

Haha yeh, I'd be really scrutinising that Friday storm across as many different sites as possible without really knowing anything about weather 

This would of been my first year where I wasn’t at work the day before the festival. I’d hopefully be recovered from my jet lag after arriving back in the U.K. for the first time in six months on Sunday and frantically trying to get all my stuff organised for tomorrow’s early morning departure.

Instead I’m sat in my makeshift home office waiting for IT to call me back so I connect to this shitty VPN 😒

The big caveat being i needed a successful resale (doubtful tbh), then i would have just finished packing and would be waiting for my brother in law to come down. Tonight we should have been heading to Wembley for England Vs czech republic in the Euros, then we were planning on heading to Worthy Farm early tomorrow. (hangover pending). 

Instead I'm  hosting zoom meetings about export licenses. Fun Fun Fun. 

Would have been taking the security lads outside my house another morning cuppa.  One has 6 sugars in his tea. The first year he was outside, he was too embarrassed to ask for a drink, until his mate explained it was cos he liked all the sugar. We told him he was a numpty and he has excepted drinks since then.

Probably be in work counting the hours and happily declining meeting invites for the next week (ones that i no have to drag myself to). Using works printer to print of clash finder and possibly walking up town at lunch to get some last minute bits.

Because we were in Worthy View we were discussing leaving later, but the reality is, we still probably would have left in the early hours in order to get to site around 6am and so no real sleep would have been had tonight.

19 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

Oh no. Nightmare. Hope you get it fixed soon. At least not raining! Xxx

fixed enough to get back home and booked in with a garage for next wednesday.

Could have been worse: I had a petrol leak, and the last time i had one of those on a T25 camper was arriving at Glasto 1998 when it went up in flames. That was a drama!