If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

15 hours ago, sedra said:

Thanks - my birthday is tomorrow- was planning lots of stuff this  year as old school and uni friends also 60 too but all cancelled 🙄

the Sunday roast takeaway today was great though 😀 and tomorrow am aiming for an afternoon tea! 

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you @sedra I hope you have a lovely day even tho its gunna be different! And enjoy the afternoon tea, lots of cake i hope!!! Lots of love xx

• Like 1

Tidying up the house. It's nice to have a tidy place to look forward too. Less anxiety when you're there if you've got things done.

At least that's what I tell myself every year. Haven't really done it adequately for a number of years.

I mean ffs I've had two and a bit months off this year and haven't even started...

Hopefully in a new job! The Rona killed that off. However, Furloughed now until end of July, then get redundency, I'm hoping I can find something then. Not easy being 58 and in a Niche business.

One of our groups birthday today. We planned to have a glasto warmup party. I’m really hoping this shite weather persists - so it’s clear that it would have been total wash out. We’ve been missing a wash out for a while, so it’s probably a good thing to have the wet year on the date we all can’t make!

It hasn't really sunk in (or maybe I just wrote it off months ago).

Probably be thinking about getting stuff down from the loft and practice packing around now. Last minute shopping. Unnecessarily worrying even though I've done it over a dozen times now, etc...

Checking everyone has everything and discovering two of us haven't even got tents let alone everything else.

Figuring out who is going in which car (and how we're going to get their tickets to them) and how much booze to take (inc. decanting the infusions into plastic). Ordering the polypin of ale.

Packing for wet, hot, sunny, cold then just taking the same stuff as last year.

Doing the last few washes with fabric conditioner that we never normally use.....

Probably deciding that I don’t have enough alcohol and talking myself in to buying some more. Every year I’ve been I’ve brought more alcohol than the year before and I’ve never brought any home. I also buy more at the bars each year. Guess the lesson is the more I go the bigger an alcoholic I become. Conversely every year I go I take less clothes than the year before, last year I nailed it and didn’t talk any clothes I didn’t use.

Edited by The Clearest Blue

The weekend before Glasto in Liverpool is always Africa Oyé festival. It is my favourite cultural event of the year, that isn't Glastonbury, and I've never missed one in all the time I've lived here. So if it weren't for the 'rona I'd be gleefully looking at the weather forecast, chuffed to bits that greyness today would be giving way to sunshine tomorrow and Sunday.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

last day at work before my holiday ..... and then its all go from there ...... 

(as an aside whats the current email contact for the festival office ? ) is it just that link on the website ?

help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk