If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

I'd be trying not to look at the Weather Thread whilst in Rome to see Nick Cave at the Cavea Auditorium this coming Sunday.

I'll never forget the sheer frenzied elation about 2-3 weeks prior when the weather forecasts changed from swamps and a wash-out to a scorchio drought and everyone here lost their minds. Still chasing that high. 

Hi from New Zealand! It’s Friday night here, so in an alternative version of the present if COVID wasn’t a thing, I would have just finished work for four weeks!! On Sunday we were due to fly the whole family out for our Glastonbury and a Greek Island getaway. I have been really busy with the COVID response so haven’t really stopped to  register the loss until now, but it suddenly hurts. I don’t know if we can make next year work and I want to return to the farm so bad! More beer needed.

I’d be celebrating World Gin Day at a friends bbq today as part of my 60th birthday weekend celebrations. I was planning a party for tomorrow but instead have ordered a takeaway Sunday roast hamper to share with my social bubble person 😐

17 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I should have been going to see British Sea Power in Bedford tonight - really, really missing live music. 

Yeah I am. 

I've optimistically booked gig tickets for November and December, more out of hope!

I've also got a £50 Ticketmaster voucher that expires in December so I need to use that too!

18 hours ago, sedra said:

I’d be celebrating World Gin Day at a friends bbq today as part of my 60th birthday weekend celebrations. I was planning a party for tomorrow but instead have ordered a takeaway Sunday roast hamper to share with my social bubble person 😐

Oh when is your birthday?

Sunday roast hamper is better than cooking even tho its not what you really wanted to be doing 

Happy birthday!!!!! X

Edited by Wellyboot

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

What venue? Didn’t realise Bedford attracted half decent bands!

It's a little club called Esquires, in the few months before lockdown I saw, Gaz Coombes, Murder Capital, She Drew the Gun, Beak and Warmduchser there. Squid should have played in March as well as BSP tonight. All more than half decent bands imo.

Like all small venues they are struggling at the best of times, never mind now. Esquires had a successful Crowdfunder to help with cash flow. The Music Venue Trust is also running a appeal to help keep small venues afloat https://saveourvenues.co.uk/#/

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah I am. 

I've optimistically booked gig tickets for November and December, more out of hope!

I've also got a £50 Ticketmaster voucher that expires in December so I need to use that too!

At the moment I've got Squid rescheduled for September - doubtful - BSP for October - not quite so doubtful -  plus Nick Cave for next year - much more hopeful about that - and I've booked for Rockaway Beach in January - fingers crossed for that.

7 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

At the moment I've got Squid rescheduled for September - doubtful - BSP for October - not quite so doubtful -  plus Nick Cave for next year - much more hopeful about that - and I've booked for Rockaway Beach in January - fingers crossed for that.

In Bognor Regis is that? I'm tempted but the commute after work on  Friday afternoon would be 5ish hours... 😐

3 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Oh when is your birthday?

Sunday roast hamper is better than cooking even tho its not what you really wanted to be doing 

Happy birthday!!!!! X

Thanks - my birthday is tomorrow- was planning lots of stuff this  year as old school and uni friends also 60 too but all cancelled 🙄

the Sunday roast takeaway today was great though 😀 and tomorrow am aiming for an afternoon tea!