If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

I'd be packing my bags, I was planning to leave for the south of France around Jun 11. 

I'd also be obsessively checking the State of the Ground thread as I was considering not even packing wellies this year. They're so heavy to backpack with and I haven't used them since 2016.

11 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Updating the well report.

Watching the stages/ tents etc go by the window on lorries.

Ah that bought a little tear to my eye Dee, all the excitement from the web cams and panoramas, as little bits start to go up day by day and we all try to spot the first tents to go up on the webcam. And the start of the ground reports from Bigdog. God it would be getting close now, the excitement would really be starting to ramp up now. I am so going to miss all that this year. It must seem a bit weird for you as well overlooking the empty fields this year?

• Like 1

I wish Neil could set up a shadow (locked) forum which just showed the posts this time last year as and when they happened between now and the end of June. It would be really cool to see these forums exactly how they looked at exactly the same time last year in 'real time' a year ago

19 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Ah that bought a little tear to my eye Dee, all the excitement from the web cams and panoramas, as little bits start to go up day by day and we all try to spot the first tents to go up on the webcam. And the start of the ground reports from Bigdog. God it would be getting close now, the excitement would really be starting to ramp up now. I am so going to miss all that this year. It must seem a bit weird for you as well overlooking the empty fields this year?

A panoramic photo came up on my Facebook page today which showed the fence going up, teepee, a stage or two. We would be taking our last few walks around the farm before we left them to it. 
this year has felt empty for more than one reason. 😢

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

A panoramic photo came up on my Facebook page today which showed the fence going up, teepee, a stage or two. We would be taking our last few walks around the farm before we left them to it. 
this year has felt empty for more than one reason. 😢

It makes you appreciate how much of a wonderful place Worthy Farm is, and will be again, in the future. Never known such love and happiness anywhere on this earth

7 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Monday I would have been watching Whitesnake/Foreigner/Europe (now cancelled no reschedule boo) in Manchester and Tuesday/Wednesday I was due to watch FNM who have not played here for decades.... it's a sad week for me :( 

Nice to see Whitesnake get a mention on e fests !

7 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

and I've already missed Goldfrapp, Lanterns on the Lake and Bearded Theory double f**king boooooo

I was due to see Lanterns in Leeds in April at Brudenell , moved to Sept/Oct now ( can't think which ) but i have a feeling that may get moved again. 

Our lot go to Beardy every year and i do think that may get pulled for Sept - so no Pirate Ship for us in 2020 possibly 

This time last year I was frantically trying to secure a way in to the festival, so if the April resale hadn’t been ki-boshed by Covid, and I’d been unsuccessful again, then I’d probably be doing the same. Might have been easier this year, as I’d have the option of going with the same job, but 32 hours work Thursday to Sunday was tough. 

8 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I’d be enjoying my last two weeks of a six month career break travelling through South East Asia, should by now be somewhere in Indonesia and looking into travel plans to heard back to the U.K. in time for Glastonbury!

Nice one, we did 11 months from Dec 17 - Nov 18. 

I'd have been working at the LTA Tennis in Nottingham this week... the other half would have been working at Download!