If it wasn't for the 'Rona, today I would be...

stuartbert two hats

First weekend in June, I'd be checking all my camping stuff is ok still and probably would have started sorting out the clothes I'm taking (followed by Dennis, my cat, sleeping on them meaning I can re-wash and re-pack many times) 

Ah if only..

Edited by Wellyboot
can't spell

would have been In Weymouth for the weekend with 5 uni friends celebrating 42 years of friendship and our 60th birthdays including one from Australia who was last over here 18 years ago. Instead we had a WhatsApp video call 🙄😷

Today I would be doing absolutely zero work, checking the weather, checking my lists, checking the line up, excitedly talking with my Glastonbury family about travel plans and what we'll do on the Tuesday (I travel down and stay with some of my Glastonbury friends the day before cos I'm from up North its a bit of a mooch to get down)

Oh my god I miss it all so much!!!!!!

Tell you what, next years gonna be incredible after all this!! It has to be!! I need a cuddle hahaha!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Today I would be doing absolutely zero work, checking the weather, checking my lists, checking the line up, excitedly talking with my Glastonbury family about travel plans and what we'll do on the Tuesday (I travel down and stay with some of my Glastonbury friends the day before cos I'm from up North its a bit of a mooch to get down)

Oh my god I miss it all so much!!!!!!

Tell you what, next years gonna be incredible after all this!! It has to be!! I need a cuddle hahaha!!!!

Ha, same! Last year in May I was still a full time student and had a two week break in between submitting work and getting comments back to really explore the lineup, make infusioned booze, get outfits sorted etc. Fuck knows how I would do that with a job... It's been quite busy too!!!

Actually at this point, I'd be spending an inordinate amount of time on the weather thread, whilst reminding myself that as last year proved, you absolutely cannot tell what the fuck is going to happen more than two days out. I'd be participating in the obligatory "heat or mud" thread, cursing The Nal everytime he popped up like some kind of pantomime villain, and googling all the techy weather terms so I felt like I could at least pretend to know what was going on. Great stuff!

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Actually at this point, I'd be spending an inordinate amount of time on the weather thread, whilst reminding myself that as last year proved, you absolutely cannot tell what the fuck is going to happen more than two days out. I'd be participating in the obligatory "heat or mud" thread, cursing The Nal everytime he popped up like some kind of pantomime villain, and googling all the techy weather terms so I felt like I could at least pretend to know what was going on. Great stuff!

Ah, lovely stuff. Looking forward to that next year (hopefully). Is it weird that I'm hoping that weekend is a bit wet and grim this year on the totally unjust basis that it might make it less likely to rain next year?!