Which day is the best?

JoeyT

Your favourite day of the festival  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite day of the festival?

• Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Monday

Thursday is my favourite. For me all days are great but with Thursday I really love that atmosphere of the festival really waking up and having the freedom to do whatever while feeling the anticipation of what's to come.

• Upvote 1

I've voted for Wednesday, the buzz of meeting up with all the Glastonbury gang again, the traditional Brothers Bar ciders, the Efestival meet, then catching up with some smaller acts up in Green Futures Small World etc. And exploring the site without huge crowds.

It's even better now I get in on the Tuesday in the campervan fields, so avoid any queues.

Thursday without a shadow of a doubt.  You're in, you're all set up, you've had your first big night and the pressure is now off.  Thursday is about kicking back, bimbling, checking out old haunts, new haunts...and the anticipation of 3 days of music and mayhem yet to come.

I'd take a whole festival of Thursday's.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I don't think you''ll ever come close to matching that electrifying atmosphere that was created when the Rolling Stones headlined the Pyramid on that now legendary Wednesday night.

i won't forget it as it coincided with me leaving in an ambulance !! not very electrifying :) 

I've been able to arrive on the Wednesday yet with work, but my answer would be a toss up between Thursday and Friday. Thursday is great because the festival feels like it's getting in to gear and there's a massive sense of anticipation that feels quite magical.

I voted for Friday in the end purely because that's the day I've usually enjoyed the most. I quite enjoy the Other sets to kick things off and seeing your first act on the Pyramid is always a real treat. 

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've usually had the most fun on the Sunday.

I've woken up Sunday countless times thinking 'I'm done, I can't go on' and then it's ended up being the best day. 2015 would be the peak for this. Belle and Sebastian being the critical turning point. Chemical Brothers being the apex.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i won't forget it as it coincided with me leaving in an ambulance !! not very electrifying :) 

No way, what happened? My mate went down due to overdoing it during Primal Scream, was a bit ill all over himself and got carted off by his mrs (with two kids in two) in the break before the Stones. Saw the whole night out in A&E. He wasn't allowed to go back to Glastonbury until he got a ticket for this year funnily enough!

Friday is already the best day of the week regardless of which farm you're in, the fact that it kicks off 3 of the greatest days of music is a fun bonus. By that point the newbies know their way around, you're basically pissed when you wake up, your tent is your absolute home and you're slap bang in the middle of the weekend that we're all so fucking obsessed about we log on to a website every day even on a year it's been cancelled to argue about which day of said festival is the best.

Thursday Jesus Christ have a word with yourselves gang

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7