Which day is the best?

JoeyT

Your favourite day of the festival  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite day of the festival?

• Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Monday

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If any rogue comes in here and votes Monday I say we ban them immediately.

Not me that’s for sure. I can’t think of a single Glastonbury Monday I’ve enjoyed, a combination of the end of the party feeling and the long haul back home. My worst Monday’s:

1. Leaving around 5am as I had to go to work on the Monday

2. Getting the CV stuck in the mud and waiting to be towed out

3. Finding my son was not in fact ready to leave at the agreed time but in fact completely wasted and impossible to revive for hours

4. Wet and filthy, ill and lacking sleep in 2004 and vowing never to return

55 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Not me that’s for sure. I can’t think of a single Glastonbury Monday I’ve enjoyed, a combination of the end of the party feeling and the long haul back home. My worst Monday’s:

1. Leaving around 5am as I had to go to work on the Monday

2. Getting the CV stuck in the mud and waiting to be towed out

3. Finding my son was not in fact ready to leave at the agreed time but in fact completely wasted and impossible to revive for hours

4. Wet and filthy, ill and lacking sleep in 2004 and vowing never to return

:lol: number 4 made me laugh, oh how wrong you were :) 

(not that you were poorly!! Just that you'd never return)

• Upvote 1

Wednesday for me, when I still camped in a tent I would have said Thursday as that was the first full day.  Now we go in a caravan, we have done the overnight mega drive from Newcastle towing the caravan and faffed about getting set up on Tuesday.  Wake up Wednesday leisurely breakfast and drinks, watch everyone trouping past with their tents, wait for the queues at the gates to die down and go and get our wrist bands and in to the site. 

Order for all days

Wednesday

Friday

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Monday 

Love the excitement of turning up Wednesday, setting up and exploring but got to be Thursday for me.

You get a full day, waking up to a sea of tents. We usually end up getting something to eat and wander around the green fields, laying down somewhere calm and maybe climb the hill to take it in. After lunch, back to the tent to have a little drink and have a read of the programme and put final plans in place for the next day.

For some reason, when the sun starts setting on the Thursday, it feels like things are about to explode. Heading out, trying to squeeze into any old tent playing any old music. Lovely.

36 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Have been thinking about the weather and I think the order is

1) Thursday

2) Friday

3) Wet Friday

4=) Saturday/Wet Saturday

6) Sunday

7) Wet Thursday

8) Wednesday 

9) Wet Sunday

10) Wet Wednesday

have you ever been accused of overthinking things ? :) 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Have been thinking about the weather and I think the order is

1) Thursday

2) Friday

3) Wet Friday

4=) Saturday/Wet Saturday

6) Sunday

7) Wet Thursday

8) Wednesday 

9) Pablo Honey

10) Wet Wednesday

I fixed that for you 👍 😀

On 6/7/2020 at 1:40 PM, grumpyhack said:

In a caravan we are lucky and can get on site and set up on Tuesday afternoon, so if it were an option that might be the one I'd go for.  The excitement of getting there and getting set up.  But a leisurely breakfast and a stroll down to get wristbanded on Wednesday really starts the festival.  Once you've got the wristband you've arrived and are back home and can enjoy a leisurely bimble without the hassle of getting your gear in and setting up your encampment.

I’m with @grumpyhacki love the Tuesday....

the long journey down towing the caravan from 6am, counting down the miles... breakfast at the top of the M3.. meeting friends in the lay-by on the A30.... the buzz as you turn off the A37 and into the site and the hope that you get allocated a good pitch in E19 or 23... getting set up (cider in hand).. meeting the neighbours... chilli and rice and too much red wine with family and friends.... late night drinks on top of the hill of death, with it all sprawling out below... a beautiful anticipatory nights sleep.....

Tuesday for the CV dwellers...!

• Like 1