Cider Bus Cider - Now Available Online

Dukeicon

On 6/6/2020 at 3:36 PM, danbailey80 said:

This is true....How doe sone make it spicy? Does anyone know what they use? 

Is the dry cider they start with? Ten add what spice? Would be good to recreate it. 

Don't know what they use, but I feel fairly sure they used to sell their mix on their website.

10 minutes ago, rob.a said:

Stupid question, as i never bought a box of cider before, should i be storing in the fridge or not? 

Only if you have space (I rarely do for the massive boxes) and you want to drink it cold. It should keep for at least 1 month.

I generally decant some of it into bottles or jugs to put in the fridge and drink cold, or if I'm really concerned about it keeping, freeze in 2l bottles.  Although that might cause plastic leeching, so might be a bad idea.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

No, I don't think it's harmful, it's just not necessary.

My friend is jealous of my cider and has now purchased her own, but is freaking out about a "use by date". I told her scrumpy doesn't concern itself with such things, but she isn't having any of it. 

So once open, you're good for at least a month in a cool place, yeh? (as if its going to last a whole month)

Edited by Sasperella

16 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

My friend is jealous of my cider and has now purchased her own, but is freaking out about a "use by date". I told her scrumpy doesn't concern itself with such things, but she isn't having any of it. 

So once open, you're good for at least a month in a cool place, yeh? (as if its going to last a whole month)

Just done a quick search online, most places say 2-3 months for bagged cider once it's been opened, a couple say longer. Just make sure it's in a cool place, like a garage or larder. Doesn't have to be cold, i.e. in a fridge.

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Only if you have space (I rarely do for the massive boxes) and you want to drink it cold. It should keep for at least 1 month.

I generally decant some of it into bottles or jugs to put in the fridge and drink cold, or if I'm really concerned about it keeping, freeze in 2l bottles.  Although that might cause plastic leeching, so might be a bad idea.

I actually think it tastes nicer cool rather than cold, but each to their own. I don't believe it is served cold at the festival.