Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

Feeling it this morning but what a day! Struggling to describe how good it was being back and going to a festival. Life was “normal” for a day, it was an unbelievable feeling. Chems better than I’ve ever seen them and a great end to the day. Massively regretting not getting a weekend ticket (went with my 7y/o and wasn’t sure how he’d cope-although he’s fresher than me today!), enjoy today for those going!

1 hour ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Another plus for the Chems. Drizzle actually helped with with the lights. And how they timed the thunderstorm during MAH is beyond me.

Yeah, that was outrageous. I came out of Joe Armon-Jones in The Alcove and was walking up towards Chems, admiring the light show, when there was a bolt of lightning right across the lazers! Then it kept happening! 

We were really lucky to only get get the drizzle on the edge of it! A couple of miles north, there was torrential rain:

1926180083_Screenshot_20210724-214607_NetweatherRadar.thumb.jpg.c456e5186be652eb1d44fb66e5579d46.jpg

Edited by JHad

10 minutes ago, JHad said:

Yeah, that was outrageous. I came out of Joe Armon-Jones in The Alcove and was earphone up towards Chems, admiring the light show when there was a bolt of lightning right across the lights! 

We were really lucky to only get get the drizzle on the edge of it! A couple of miles north, there was torrential rain:

1926180083_Screenshot_20210724-214607_NetweatherRadar.thumb.jpg.c456e5186be652eb1d44fb66e5579d46.jpg

That graph is mental. Really dodged a bullet there.

A reasonably rare 'severe' forecast for storms today runs very close to the site. As I said before the festival, the worst will be inland, but that doesn't mean we won't get any! They could be very nasty if we do, so batten down everything just in case. 

It's Sunday though, so I'm just rolling with it. If I get wet and muddy, I'll dry at home tomorrow! 

20210725_140526.jpg

46 minutes ago, JHad said:

A reasonably rare 'severe' forecast for storms today runs very close to the site. As I said before the festival, the worst will be inland, but that doesn't mean we won't get any! They could be very nasty if we do, so batten down everything just in case. 

It's Sunday though, so I'm just rolling with it. If I get wet and muddy, I'll dry at home tomorrow! 

20210725_140526.jpg

Sunday rain doesn't really matter too much. The big problem is the ground disintegrating but it's too late for that. Happy days!

• Upvote 1

Was all set for rain today but apart from a quick shower last night during Chems it’s been perfect weather all weekend- even a bit too hot this afternoon! 😎 Looks like the storm missed us completely although cloudy and a bit cooler now! 
Self Esteem earlier were good plus The Vaccines although a bit too stuffy in the tent. Massive crowd for Rick Astley and  James  Vincent McMorrow chilled out. Looking forward to to Sons of Kemet later. 

Edited by sedra
Spellcheck

45 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

How the hell have Kaisers got biggest crowd of the weekend haha!

Don't get me wrong they're decent but bizarre.

Everyone in the UK knows Ruby and I Predict A Riot.

Most know Oh My God and Never Miss A Beat.

An opportunity for a good old singalong. I'm not a massive fan but if I were there today I'd be watching.

It is odd. Almost all of the really good acts have had next to no crowds! 

Agree though that the main arena / toilets / food / camping are very busy. A bit much for me, but I've been able to avoid the worst by going against the grain. 

• Like 1

On the bus on the way to the station. 

First thoughts. Great to be back in a field and just feeling part of humanity again. The world just felt miles away during that period from the middle of Friday to the middle of Sunday. 

The facilities were poor to average and well below what I'm used to or thought they'd be, despite already lowering my expectations. Showers were interesting, but I didn't actually mind the open ones (embrace the nudity!) as there were never any queues. Wasn't overly happy that they were a 15 minute walk though! Queues for food and drink were way too long and there weren't any where near as many vegan options as expected. I only had one cocktail in Friday, so not sure about the main bars. The whole site seemed very busy, especially over the weekend. I really dislike the feel of being herded around and the advertising, but I expected those two things and it was an acceptable annoyance for one year just in case this was the only chance at a festival. 

Music wise, the obvious point about sorely missing non UK and Ireland based acts. There were some fantastic sets though, which were mainly played to sparse crowds, although I'd have personally liked a bit more post-punk and psych on the bill. Will follow up later about favourite sets, but Wet Leg and Joe Armon-Jones were top 1% all time for me. 

• Upvote 1