Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

3 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

No worries😊 I may have been projecting my own anxieties 😉

Literally can't wait to get there & put all this pandemic stuff out of my brain for 5 days!

I put the Latitude playlist on Spotify yesterday whilst I was painting a new Glasto picture - not everything was to my taste but mainly a decent listen, it seemsd to be very Kaiser Chiefs heavy though 😅

Pic of Glasto inspired work in progress in case anyone was interested 😊

20210717_160207.jpg

There's a lot that isn't to my taste either, but that's never really been a problem at latitude as there's always something close by to go and check out, or just take some time out to have something to eat and drink.

For me there's far too many very dull singer / song writer type acts. I'm assuming you feel the same by the acts that you've mentioned that you are looking forward to?

2 hours ago, km9 said:

There's a lot that isn't to my taste either, but that's never really been a problem at latitude as there's always something close by to go and check out, or just take some time out to have something to eat and drink.

For me there's far too many very dull singer / song writer type acts. I'm assuming you feel the same by the acts that you've mentioned that you are looking forward to?

Yeah it's not the kind of festival that has high quality curation where you can just turn up to something and expect it'll be pretty good. A lot of it's just singer songwriters with a couple songs that have done numbers on Spotify. You have to do the work dig through it in advance but thankfully there's still loads of good stuff there. 

5 hours ago, km9 said:

Yeah we're very much have a wander about & see what takes our fancy kind of festivallers - we have a 3 song rule, if either one of us isn't enjoying a set after 3 tracks then we will have a wander, with exception of personal favourites, which for me this year is Chems, '19 was Underworld because partner played the 3 track rule on me at the '16 West Holts Underworld set & I've never let them forget it 😅

We always spend huge chunks of the day in Comedy, the Chortle newcomers are always good - we've seen loads of up & comers at Latitude that are now regulars on panel shows.  Also the literature tent quite often has comedian's.

We might swing by people like Kaiser's, Supergrass or Bastille but don't tent to spend a lot of time at Obelisk - obvs be there for Bill Bailey!  BBC stage up in the woods with the sofas is a joy....if you can get a sofa 😉

30 minutes ago, lemons said:

What's the ground like generally? Would I get away with running trainers or need hiking boots ?

Ground is pretty good, I usually wear flipflops in the day, so could def get away with runners.  Tend to stick DMs or boots on in the eve because ground in the Woods & Forest is as you'd expect; uneven & dark.  There were thunderstorms a few years ago, right before Fatboy & the ground stayed firm, not really muddy.  Weather forecast is dry through the whole week.

2 hours ago, big hog said:

Any recs for the Alcove, btw? Not really familiar with the acts playing there but be good to catch some.

Wet Leg (Very promising Isle of Wight duo signed to Domino Records)

Vlure (Imagine the cast of Trainspotting forming a shouty synth goth band with the occasional reference to Faithless, Depeche Mode and Killing Joke)

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone got anything nice planned for this week...?

Just chilling inside really, just do not want to catch covid - final stretch! 3 days till we’re in a field!

1 hour ago, FrankieX said:

Just as a heads up: The BBC weather forecast for Blythburgh (the nearby village) is showing 'Thundery Showers' from Saturday evening through most of Sunday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655312

Make sure you pack appropriately.

Accuweather seems to be saying the rain has moved more to Monday/Tuesday and are generally quite good. Definitely thinking about waterproofs

Just now, gfa said:

Just chilling inside really, just do not want to catch covid - final stretch! 3 days till we’re in a field!

Accuweather seems to be saying the rain has moved more to Monday/Tuesday and are generally quite good. Definitely thinking about waterproofs

Same as every festival in the UK, pack for all four seasons. Waterproof jacket and sun block. You'll definitely need one. Or both. Sometimes at the same time 😆

6 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

No clue as of yet, perhaps midday time but they'll put it over their social medias when they're ready to 

From memory, the last couple of years they haven't released all the set times on the Monday, but painfully drip fed them 2 or 3 stages at a time over Mon/Tues/Wed.  Hopefully we will get them all today, but be prepared for disappointment.

• Like 1

Went to a festival with a new tent and £10 wellies that both stood up to constant wind and rain. It was comedically terrible weather, getting stuck in the mud, nowhere really to sit and just laughed it off .Didn't know most of the bands, spent a lot of time by myself and still had a great time. Dry enough to sit down on a bin big if necessary will do me !

Had talked myself out of going to Latitude last week and now I can't wait. Have some work to do indoors this week so covid still a possibility but I've consoled myself that I can go to a small local thing in August if I have to isolate again and miss this. Couple of tests and hope for the best! With that "insurance policy" I'm allowing myself to pack and get excited 

With the LFTs for entry on Thursday. Does a negative test on the Wednesday get me in or does it have to be done on Thursday? 

I can't quite tell from the website but I'm leaning towards the latter... 

"Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at the festival"