Jump to content

Latitude 2021


Chapple12345

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Looking like a festival friendly forecast 😁 not too hot, little bit of cloud cover, warm evenings - potential thunder storm ĺate Sunday night into Monday morning but could easily change before then😉

Screenshot_20210716-121958.jpg

That is looking absolutely perfect. Right down to warm evenings, which will make a change from the northern festivals when that extra few degrees makes a big difference when the sun has gone down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Leeds festival have just updated their covid-19 requirements, and it also mentions that lateral flows only last for 72hours, advising everyone to bring spare tests with them to the festival. I know a few on here suggest that theyre only needed for those leaving the site, but it certainly doesn't read like that to me?

"If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 72 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 72 hour period. DON’T FORGET TO BRING SPARE LATERAL FLOW TESTS WITH YOU FOR THE WEEKEND!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So Leeds festival have just updated their covid-19 requirements, and it also mentions that lateral flows only last for 72hours, advising everyone to bring spare tests with them to the festival. I know a few on here suggest that theyre only needed for those leaving the site, but it certainly doesn't read like that to me?

"If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 72 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 72 hour period. DON’T FORGET TO BRING SPARE LATERAL FLOW TESTS WITH YOU FOR THE WEEKEND!"

One thing rightly testing before you go. Can't see people complying with this honestly if not showing symptoms...

Risking being thrown out of festival on final day and your mates are close contacts? If you travelled together how do you get home?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How does the NHS app work? Am I right in thinking that if one person reports that they tested positive and it can be pinpointed to the festival, then all 40,000 attendees (or any of those with the app) would be expected to self-isolate?

It uses Bluetooth to detect if you've been close enough to someone who has tested positive for a long enough period of time. Well, at least if your phone has been close enough to their phone. 

So no, it wouldn't necessarily ask all 40,000 to isolate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Latitude guidance is: 

Will I be required to re-test?

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website.

So the only place you'll have to demonstrate your status is on the gates. If you leave during the festival and your status has expired then you'll need to retest. If you're not leaving then there's nowhere else you'll need to demonstrate status so no actual need to retest.

Interesting how this might affect car travellers on Monday i.e. if you need to do two trips to the car on Monday morn and haven't retested, will they let you back in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

It uses Bluetooth to detect if you've been close enough to someone who has tested positive for a long enough period of time. Well, at least if your phone has been close enough to their phone. 

So no, it wouldn't necessarily ask all 40,000 to isolate. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bethannny said:

The Latitude guidance is: 

Will I be required to re-test?

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website.

So the only place you'll have to demonstrate your status is on the gates. If you leave during the festival and your status has expired then you'll need to retest. If you're not leaving then there's nowhere else you'll need to demonstrate status so no actual need to retest.

Interesting how this might affect car travellers on Monday i.e. if you need to do two trips to the car on Monday morn and haven't retested, will they let you back in?

I’m double jabbed but my daughter’s got a day ticket and asking how proof of lateral flow works. Does she just have to upload the result to the NHS website and that what they check?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I’m double jabbed but my daughter’s got a day ticket and asking how proof of lateral flow works. Does she just have to upload the result to the NHS website and that what they check?

Everything you need is on the Latitude site - https://www.latitudefestival.com/information-category/latitude-2021-faqs

It varies depending on where you're coming from, but essentially she'll need to register her negative lateral flow result on the GOV website. Can then show text/email showing negative result or the COVID pass through the NHS app (England only - details here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-status)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Lateral flows only last 48hours for Latitude but 72hours for Leeds?

In true government fashion, even Festival Republic are making it up as they go along

Since Latitude is a test event they may be forced to do this, but Leeds don’t even need to do any testing at all might be why perhaps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lemons said:

One thing rightly testing before you go. Can't see people complying with this honestly if not showing symptoms...

Risking being thrown out of festival on final day and your mates are close contacts? If you travelled together how do you get home?

Yeah im concerned as im getting the bus down. If they do force everyone to re-test on the saturday (or whenever 48 hours is) and im positive, where do i isolate? My tent for 10 days? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah im concerned as im getting the bus down. If they do force everyone to re-test on the saturday (or whenever 48 hours is) and im positive, where do i isolate? My tent for 10 days? 

 

If you’re not leaving site, you don’t need to re-test. You only need to prove your status (double jab or negative) when entering the site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Burger & Beyond, Paellaria and Anna Mae's Mac n Cheese among the food traders. Sadly no Dosa Deli or Jumping Bean Burritos listed.

Any recommendations would be very welcome.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/explore/street-feast/

English Indian 👍 had an awesome disco dinner from them at Camper Calling - they played disco, we ate dinner 🕺 

Quite a few off that list are Digbeth Dining Club regulars, Only Jerkin, Yard Burgers & Original Patty Men are for sure! 

I've never had a bad Greek at a festival, can't go wrong with halloumi & fresh salad crammed into a handmade pitta 😍

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...