Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

well then, bastille and capaldi to headline - snow patrol sunday afternoon

I can't believe what I'm seeing. For the first time, I'm so underwhelmed that all the hype has instantly gone...

You know what though, I'm still booking, screw it. I'm still a HUGE fan of Snow Patrol so I'm really glad they are there, and there's still got to be other stages that will hold MUCH better acts than Lewis Capaldi. I know people (YOUNG people) like him and he's on the rise, but for headlining position, 1 album release to date just doesn't cut that for me.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

any other festivals have chems for 2020? seems like losing them is a 100% guarantee of a shit lineup at this rate

Looks like they’re not returning for any U.K. fests next summer, however they’ve been announced for some European fests next summer again I think so shows they’re still about. Hopefully means a big London show or tour is more likely.

What a massive downgrade those headliners are though, wow 

I'm happy with Bastille and can give or take LC, I do think people need to realise these are 3 acts out of around 100 on the music stages do there will undoubtedly be more to it. I'm looking forward to seeing what's added too, namely the Sunday headliner who I think will be female - my rough guess will be someone along the lines of Dua Lipa, Lorde or Billie Eilish

55 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm happy with Bastille and can give or take LC, I do think people need to realise these are 3 acts out of around 100 on the music stages do there will undoubtedly be more to it. I'm looking forward to seeing what's added too, namely the Sunday headliner who I think will be female - my rough guess will be someone along the lines of Dua Lipa, Lorde or Billie Eilish

Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish are both too big for Latitude now. Lorde isn’t a bad shout for headlining Latitude sometime in the near future, but chances are it’s just gonna be Liam G as he’s still doing festivals next year.

Edited by FloorFiller

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish are both too big for Latitude now. Lorde isn’t a bad shout for headlining Latitude sometime in the near future, but chances are it’s just gonna be Liam G as he’s still doing festivals next year.

My other thought is that Wolf Alice will headline and then Chemical Brothers will do a closing set like Underworld in 2019, I think they could get LG whenever they liked so we could see him another time instead but I think they've been trying to get Chems since the start so wouldn't give up on them without a fight 

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't know how much pressure they're under to deliver a female headliner given the criticism Reading + Leeds had this year. I think Lorde is a shout if she releases her album next year as expected, or Wolf Alice would be brilliant. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish are both too big for Latitude now.

Dua Lipa is no bigger than Capaldi I don’t think. Certainly not Liam or Killers, but granted they were both exceptionally large for the fest.

2 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I don't know how much pressure they're under to deliver a female headliner given the criticism Reading + Leeds had this year. I think Lorde is a shout if she releases her album next year as expected, or Wolf Alice would be brilliant. 

I think they’ll have a female headliner. When they’ve been so focused on that aspect they bumped Solange up to headline, I can’t see them deciding there’s no point anymore and booking Bastille instead.

Including 2020 they've had 3 years in a row of having at least 1 female headliner and have always had prevalent headliners featuring at least one woman such as Florence and the Machine, Lana Del Rey, Portishead, New Order and Grace Jones so there's no reason not to be, especially when it's Festival Republic and they've got a lot of bad press before for lack of women in lineups, there was an article last year stating how Latitude was the best for gender diversity in the lineup. I'm just working out who could do it that's an ideal size. I'd only suggested Dua or Billie as they're lacking the 'big' act such as Killers and Mumford so I think the final headliner could be it 

Edited by Chapple12345

4 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Such a disappointing announcement yesterday. To go from those three headliners this year, to what they have announced is a shame.

Those acts could still be on for all we know so we need to hold out a little hope I think - I do find it funny though how lots of people calling last years headliners poor are now saying the same for this years, some people will never be happy! 😂 

1 hour ago, lburrett said:

Flaming Lips just announced show in Aylesbury on the Wednesday - adding them would be a guaranteed purchase for me!

Definitely in the running, who else are we hoping for? My ideal additions would be Madness, Chic/Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr and Mabel

15 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Ok so my predictions potentially for other headliners are Chvrches, Wolf Alice and Lorde. I'd love Phoebe Bridgers, Charli XCX, Christine and the Queens, Two Door Cinema Club, Michael Kiwanuka and Royal Blood  on the line up. 

I think Charli XCX and Michael Kiwanuka will be back from this year, Chvrches will headline one day but I fear as they subbed in 2019 its too soon for them to play again, I'm interested to see how much of the lineup passes over as a whole because I thought all the headliners would when only SP did 

3 hours ago, lburrett said:

Flaming Lips just announced show in Aylesbury on the Wednesday - adding them would be a guaranteed purchase for me!

They're confirmed to headline WOMAD that weekend.

Don't think it's on an exclusive, but it takes one of the days out of the equation.