Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

https://www.latitudefestival.com/?post_type=news&p=6546&preview=true

They seem to be planning ahead for next year already with this survey of who people want to be on 

I've chosen Haim, Liam, Chemical Brothers, Lumineers, Charli XCX and Celeste from this year and I'm hoping for Kasabian, Dua Lipa, Lorde, Johnny Marr and Mabel as new acts. 

If they're aiming to get some of the acts they mention within the survey I'll be absolutely over the moon 

Edited by Chapple12345

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 3:22 PM, Squonk said:

For me, it must be LCD Soundsystem

Shocked they've never done it before and could see it, I guess it depends on if they're going to have an option out of this:

1) complete 2020 lineup back again 

2) mix and match of new and 2020 acts 

3) completely new lineup of acts 

My preference would be option 2 as there were some great acts in this year's initial lineup but would like to have seen what else was in store e.g. tent headliner on Sunday 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting tickets regardless of the line-up. However, if anything, REALLY hoping for Snow Patrol (third time lucky am I right? 😂) HAIM, Chemical Brothers, Sigur Ros (or Jonsi solo, that'd make it all for me), Julianna Barwick, James Blake, Glass Animals, Laura Marling, LA Priest, Cornershop, Jessie Ware, The Big Moon, The Go! Team, etc. Mind you, with how much festivals Gorillaz are going to across Europe next year, I'd even throw them out as headline material. Also, I'ma go out on a limb here and say if it is going to be the BIGGEST year, then maybe even acts such as Bombay Bicycle Club (AMAZING live), The Streets, Matt Berninger and possibly even Thom Yorke.

I’m likely to go regardless too as I’m going to really miss it this year - I’m hoping for some other acts such as Dua Lipa, Chic, Madness, The Specials, Tame Impala, The Strokes and then some of the acts from this year too e.g. Haim, Chemical Brothers, Lumineers. im hoping there will be around a 50/50 split for it 

16 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I'm getting tickets regardless of the line-up. However, if anything, REALLY hoping for Snow Patrol (third time lucky am I right? 😂) HAIM, Chemical Brothers, Sigur Ros (or Jonsi solo, that'd make it all for me), Julianna Barwick, James Blake, Glass Animals, Laura Marling, LA Priest, Cornershop, Jessie Ware, The Big Moon, The Go! Team, etc. Mind you, with how much festivals Gorillaz are going to across Europe next year, I'd even throw them out as headline material. Also, I'ma go out on a limb here and say if it is going to be the BIGGEST year, then maybe even acts such as Bombay Bicycle Club (AMAZING live), The Streets, Matt Berninger and possibly even Thom Yorke.

Some good shouts there.  I'm really hoping Chems, King Gizz, Phoebe, Marika Hackman, Confidence Man and King Kong Company pull over from this year's lineup.

Gorillaz would be great but they are in Australia that weekend unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Some good shouts there.  I'm really hoping Chems, King Gizz, Phoebe, Marika Hackman, Confidence Man and King Kong Company pull over from this year's lineup.

Last year Slaves did a festival in Australia and Latitude within the same weekend so it’s not entirely out of the realms of possibility 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Have the Standon dates been confirmed?

Yep, I think Latitude was just about the only reasonably sized festival that hadn't confirmed dates prior to today. Bearded as well, but they're still not officially cancelled for 2020 yet.

It's not just Standon already taking place that weekend - by my count, they're also clashing with WOMAD, Blue Dot, Truck and Tramlines so it's arguably the busiest weekend of the summer.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep, I think Latitude was just about the only reasonably sized festival that hadn't confirmed dates prior to today. Bearded as well, but they're still not officially cancelled for 2020 yet.

It's not just Standon already taking place that weekend - by my count, they're also clashing with WOMAD, Blue Dot, Truck and Tramlines so it's arguably the busiest weekend of the summer.

But in the same time, it means a great deal of potential acts being around for it too! Saying that though I think a lot of lineups next year, including Latitude, will be more British/European based as from what I’ve seen a fair few American acts aren’t doing global touring, I imagine they won’t want to risk another cancellation so don’t want to commit to anything until this has fully blown over

Well to be honest I am seriously considering Latitude as my other festival for 2021 alongside Glastonbury and I am really hoping Haim play next year because their recent album Women in Music Part III is currently my favourite album this year. Just wondering who are some other acts you guys want to see play next year?

8 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Well to be honest I am seriously considering Latitude as my other festival for 2021 alongside Glastonbury and I am really hoping Haim play next year because their recent album Women in Music Part III is currently my favourite album this year. Just wondering who are some other acts you guys want to see play next year?

I’m hoping Haim are back as they were my main act I wanted to see this year, it depends whether they do a completely new lineup or a mix and match but they had some strong headliners in Liam and the Chemical Brothers, I’d love to see Dua Lipa, Lorde or Billie Eilish play - also I’d love Wolf Alice to headline at some point as they’re the classic Latitude story of someone working their way up the lineup to headline like alt-J, the National and Maccabees 

5 hours ago, km9 said:

Does it really matter? Latitude is a music festival, not a protest march. I believe all are welcome.

It's without a doubt the most welcoming and varied audience I've seen at a festival, I've gone every year since I was 10 and always loved it. 

Also my (almost) final prediction is 

Friday - Wolf Alice 

Saturday - LG with Chemical Brothers doing a closing set 

Sunday - Dua Lipa

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 11:54 AM, PDAD said:

YES to Confidence Man. If they do attend, it will be my ,3rd time seeing them, first time actually being in Latitude itself! BRILLIANT group!

10 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Getting a bit anxious for the announcement purely as we have little to no clue about who will play, we can usually guess judging by other festivals around the time but by moving it back a week and the lacknof other lineups makes it almost impossible to predict for me 

Honestly, if Jonsi is there (or even Sigur Ros, VERY HOPEFUL there) I'm already sold!

5 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Honestly, if Jonsi is there (or even Sigur Ros, VERY HOPEFUL there) I'm already sold!

I've not heard if they're active currently but would fit the bill, I'm hoping they have a few big hitting acts to make up for this year not happening but I shall remain hopeful its a good lineup as a whole, I'm also unsure how much they'll actually announce as of yet 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I've not heard if they're active currently but would fit the bill, I'm hoping they have a few big hitting acts to make up for this year not happening but I shall remain hopeful its a good lineup as a whole, I'm also unsure how much they'll actually announce as of yet 

Currently, Jonsi is in the process of releasing his new album, and considering that most festival announcements even close to that of Latitude's haven't been announced, I'm just gonna be REALLY hopeful 😂