Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

14 minutes ago, sedra said:

No replacement by the looks of it for Arlo Parks which means Damon Albarn will be packed. Am surprised though as they moved Villagers forward by 15mins and Sleaford Mods don’t come on til 10 pm so BBC a big gap for quite a big venue

How did you find out about villagers moving time? My app doesn’t load the schedule 😩

20 minutes ago, sedra said:

No replacement by the looks of it for Arlo Parks which means Damon Albarn will be packed. Am surprised though as they moved Villagers forward by 15mins and Sleaford Mods don’t come on til 10 pm so BBC a big gap for quite a big venue

I thought Villagers just finished 10 minutes early? 

10 minutes until Joe Armon-Jones starts and less than 10 people here! Get yourselves in here! 

Albarn is packed to a ridiculous level. Took me 20 mins to get over the bridge to get to Working Men’s Club. Seemed like such an easy decision to move him into BBC Sounds. Other than that it’s been really well organised though 

Joe Armon-Jones and his band (including Nubya Garcia; Morgan Simpson [Black Midi]; TJ Koleoso and James Mollison [Ezra Collective]) were outrageous. Barely anyone there though, like my other favourite for today, Los Bitchos. 

I really enjoyed Ishmael Ensemble too. 

Another suggestion for the special guest - Billy Nomates? She came on with Sleaford Mods tonight, but I imagine it'll be a bigger name. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sweet mother of mercy, the Chemical Brothers were fucking incredible tonight. The new tunes destroy 

And they were so loud. I was by the raised seats and it was as though I was near the front. 

Got home a couple of hours ago (I live in Norwich) and was by all accounts a really good day. Highlight was undoubtedly The Chems, who managed to strike a perfect balance between playing all the classics (except 'Believe' which is a personal favourite and always goes off live) and some new stuff. I last saw them 5 years ago and they've changed the show enough to make it feel fresh and exciting, while still keeping a number of the old staples that work so well. The 'Out of control'/'Temptation' mash up was probably my favourite part but ending on 'Block Rockin' Beats' was a great shout too!

Got onto the site around midday and entering the car parks was quick and hassle free. Was a bit of a trek to the arena but we caught the last half hour of Supergrass which was a great start to the day. Spent most of the afternoon/evening wandering around between the stages as we didn't have too many 'must sees'. Getting food was a bit of a chore as almost every stand had a massive queue but tbh the whole place seemed pretty crowded from the moment we arrived until we left. I don't mean this in a 'It felt unsafe due to the risk of COVID' kind of way but more that it often took ages to just move around and even go the loo. Although I've been to Latitude before, my main festival for about the past 15 years has been Pukkelpop in Belgium. Maybe I've been spoilt by that but you rarely have to queue for anything there and it has a much bigger capacity.

Anyway, it was great to be back in a festival environment and the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming throughout. Saw a few people I knew and chatted to some friendly strangers who were just as happy as we were to be doing this kind of thing again. Rudimental were the perfect party starter and even the rain somehow added to the occasion as it flickered through the lights and lasers during that final glorious set! 

• Like 1

Me and family Boo had the perfect end to Saturday.

Rudimental were brilliant- what a great party band and a great reminder of how (at festivals) you can see bands that you wouldn’t normally go and see and have a brilliant time- we all loved that set (and would definitely see them again).

My daughters love Black Honey, so after Rudimental we started walking towards Sunrise arena, but on the way we could hear that Damian Albarn was still playing and so we went to have a listen, we were on the opposite side of the lake to waterfront stage, but in fact had a decent  view and Damian walked round the stage and ensured our side of the lake got to see him as well. Anyway we heard the last four songs of the set, which included a Gorillaz track and 2 Blur tracks (finished with this is a low - Mrs Boo had a tear in her eye), lovely stuff. Then Damian got into a boat and ended up over on our side of the lake, right by us (we gave him a wave). 

Black Honey had a small but enthusiastic crowd, they invited the women in the crowd to go to the front, my daughters ended up right in the front of the lead singer and they were so happy (it was the highlight of their festival). 

Bloody love being back at a festival 😊 

Edited by Mr Boo

Feeling it this morning but what a day! Struggling to describe how good it was being back and going to a festival. Life was “normal” for a day, it was an unbelievable feeling. Chems better than I’ve ever seen them and a great end to the day. Massively regretting not getting a weekend ticket (went with my 7y/o and wasn’t sure how he’d cope-although he’s fresher than me today!), enjoy today for those going!

1 hour ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Another plus for the Chems. Drizzle actually helped with with the lights. And how they timed the thunderstorm during MAH is beyond me.

Yeah, that was outrageous. I came out of Joe Armon-Jones in The Alcove and was walking up towards Chems, admiring the light show, when there was a bolt of lightning right across the lazers! Then it kept happening! 

We were really lucky to only get get the drizzle on the edge of it! A couple of miles north, there was torrential rain:

1926180083_Screenshot_20210724-214607_NetweatherRadar.thumb.jpg.c456e5186be652eb1d44fb66e5579d46.jpg

Edited by JHad

10 minutes ago, JHad said:

Yeah, that was outrageous. I came out of Joe Armon-Jones in The Alcove and was earphone up towards Chems, admiring the light show when there was a bolt of lightning right across the lights! 

We were really lucky to only get get the drizzle on the edge of it! A couple of miles north, there was torrential rain:

1926180083_Screenshot_20210724-214607_NetweatherRadar.thumb.jpg.c456e5186be652eb1d44fb66e5579d46.jpg

That graph is mental. Really dodged a bullet there.