Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

25 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Tried to get into the alcove to see Wet Leg but the queue for them is ridiculous. Is that because they're so popular after releasing one song, or the restrictions on capacity?

They increased capacity from earlier. I hadn't heard 'the' song, but it was one of the sets of my life. Absolutely joyous. (Sorry!) 

Edited by JHad

Coming for the day tomorrow (will be gutted if the Sunday secret set is one I would've liked to see).

Any news or rumours on an Arlo replacement?

Latitude's announcement didn't fill me with confidence that there actually will be a replacement. Not sure how that would work - a two hour gap on the second stage on Saturday evening doesn't reflect well!

Edited by swelsbyuk

20 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Coming for the day tomorrow (will be gutted if the Sunday secret set is one I would've liked to see).

Any news or rumours on an Arlo replacement?

Latitude's announcement didn't fill me with confidence that there actually will be a replacement. Not sure how that would work - a two hour gap on the second stage on Saturday evening doesn't reflect well!

Not heard anything, but to be fair the slot she was in had the strongest depth/compete of the entire weekend, IMO. 

Joe Armon-Jones v Damon Albarn v Working Mens Club v Rudimental are all at that time. 

2 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

Wow Wolf Alice were brilliant

Insanely good. Spent the first few tracks fighting the emotions of finally being back at a live headline show. Loved every song, and finishing with last man on earth was beautiful

Lucia and the Best Boys and the incredible Stephen Fretwell (what a voice) were also highlights

Enjoyed the 3 songs from beabadoobe that we saw - wish we'd seen the whole thing now and will try to see her again at some point 

Just me who didn't think Wolf Alice were that great then?! I thought their set was a little formulaic and meandered a bit, although it was still solid. Perhaps it was just my impression having come off the Dream Wife > Folly Group > Sinead O'Brien > Wet Leg > Squid run that was such incredible off key fun. Kind of wish I'd gone to Dry Cleaning to finish that off! 

Edited by JHad

Wolf Alice were truly incredible, they earned every right to headline last night. Part of me thinks this may not be their last  ever headline set at a major festival...

Other highlights of the day included Beabadoobee, Declan McKenna and Lucia and the Best Boys, heck I even enjoyed a couple of Mabels songs too. I was surprised at how safe everything felt and was nice to see people accepting other people’s wishes too. It’s just such a euphoric feeling to be back and I can’t wait for the rest of the weekend 

Edited by Chapple12345

18 minutes ago, JHad said:

Anybody got any tips for between 3 and 6 today? 

I can't see anything interesting all afternoon and then evening is clash central! Tips appreciated, although comedy might be on the cards. 

Katherine Ryan will be brilliant, Lyra starts just before 3 (very similar to Florence and the Machine) and Holly Humberstone is a very promising new artist who should be good too 

45 minutes ago, JHad said:

Anybody got any tips for between 3 and 6 today? 

I can't see anything interesting all afternoon and then evening is clash central! Tips appreciated, although comedy might be on the cards. 

As mentioned by Mr Chapple Katherine Ryan is a good shout.

If you want music - Kamala are on the Olelisk at 3.30pm, happy indie music,  that reminds me of Vampire Weekend a bit.

Nobody saw Hot Chip, kind of surprised! They were incredible shame it was only an hour set. Declan was fantastic as well and the after dark stuff is awesome here!

also did anyone get in wet leg - it was insanely busy we danced on the hill nearby. cannot wait for chems today absolute favourite artist for the first time

Edited by gfa

15 minutes ago, harryy said:

Did the goat girl into wolf alice route and impressed by the former and blown away by the latter. 

Wolf alice have just ascended imo. Their live skill feels unmatched. Outstanding and much needed for me. Loved it. 

Agree, we did the same 😊

29 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

My oldest daughter loved this set so much, I was impressed as well, some of the songs a bit 70s rock, great sound 👍

British Bombs and Brazil were fantastic singalongs, everyone just felt so up for it! Even the new album ones i didn’t really know were pretty fun!