Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

10 hours ago, JHad said:

Right, I promised a proper weather forecast a couple of days ago. I've not got a green screen, or the looks for TV, so here goes!

Thursday and Friday look glorious, with slightly more cloud cover and a stronger breeze keeping temperatures a couple of degrees lower on Friday. Maximum temperature on Thursday will be 21-23 C, with 19-21 C likely on Friday. Don't forget to pack the sun cream! Any breeze on Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be easterly, encouraged by the vicinity to the coast and the on-shore breeze. Pitching your tent facing east will keep your tent cooler!

Overnight minimum temperatures are likely to be around 13 C on Thursday night. Late night partiers on Thursday or early risers on Friday could get damp feet as temperatures will fall close to the dew point, possibly exacerbated by the presence of the lake. Temperatures should be kept slightly warmer on Friday night, by the same cloud which will keep it slightly cooler during the day, at around 15 C.

Saturday morning is likely to start cloudy, with the risk of some light showers. A bit of a stronger breeze and the lack of direct sunshine make this a good morning to sleep off a hangover in the tent after that first proper night of partying since before anyone had heard of r numbers. Top temperatures should be 20-22 C, depending on how much the cloud breaks. There is a risk of heavier showers later in the afternoon and evening. These are more likely to form slightly further inland, but that's not to say they won't form or move over the festival. Definitely a day to carry your waterproofs! (not an umbrella though, unless you want to be hated by everybody stood behind you at Rudimental).

Saturday night should be dry once any lingering storms clear and temperatures should be a warm 16 C. 

Sunday morning will feel different as the wind will have veered to the south, portending what looks to be the most unsettled weather of the weekend. If you camped facing, east your tent entrance should provide some shelter from the elements at this point. Before heading down early to catch Bill Bailey, make sure everything is well pegged down as storms could cause strong gusts from any direction and with little warning. It might also be a boots on day, with waterproofs close at hand. There is a fair likelihood of heavy, thundery downpours on Sunday morning and into the afternoon, but these are likely to weaken and clear later in the day, hopefully in plenty of time for one big party with the Sunday headliners. Top temperatures on Sunday should be 19-20 C. Fortunately, the worst weather happening towards the end of the festival should keep any mud to a minimum.

Overnight temperatures on Sunday will likely be around 13-14 C, again with a strong likelihood of dew and dampness underfoot. Monday morning may also be a little damp to begin with, so tents might have to be dried out in the living room!

See you in the fields tomorrow!!!

An extra couple of notes on this:

Sunset on Thursday (and maybe Friday too) might be fairly spectacular. There's likely to be a moderate amount of aerosol (from forest fires) high in our atmosphere to the west, which should give us a redder than usual sunset as it will scatter more of the shorter-wavelength blue light away.

If you've got kids (or are just interested yourself), make the most of the dark skies by spotting the International Space Station. It always travels east to west and will be visible to the naked eye for 3-6 minutes. Approx. times:

• Thursday: 22:51
  • Friday: 22:04, 23:51
  • Saturday: 22:53
  • Sunday: 22:06
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Excited , but really not looking forward to feeling gross and sweaty all weekend. I forgot to even pack wipes...

Which headliner will you all be seeing tomorrow?

Hot chip. Gutted about the clash with wolf Alice but seen hot chips mega mix a few weeks back at Bigfoot festival and it was incredible, so assuming the full version was trump that easily 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks everyone and I have some GREAT news. Big overreaction from the family friend to the photo - an actual nurse saw it with her actual eyes (at 4am!), said it was healing well and we are ON! 

LFTs processing as we have our hotel breakfast - and we are going to a festival TODAY

Safe trips in everyone

Great news! Go, go, go! 

36 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Excited , but really not looking forward to feeling gross and sweaty all weekend. I forgot to even pack wipes...

Wolf Alice for me. Last man on earth is my favourite song this year, loving the new album and thought they sounded great on the radio 1 big weekend live stream. Really looking forward to seeing them! 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

and we are going to a festival TODAY

Soz la, no wools allowed

15 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Hot chip. Gutted about the clash with wolf Alice but seen hot chips mega mix a few weeks back at Bigfoot festival and it was incredible, so assuming the full version was trump that easily 

Will this be your first time seeing actual Hot Chip live then? If so then damn, you're in for a treat. Will be an absolute blast 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wolf Alice for me. Last man on earth is my favourite song this year, loving the new album and thought they sounded great on the radio 1 big weekend live stream. Really looking forward to seeing them! 

Same, is a hard choice though 😬

45 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wolf Alice easily, Blue Weekend is my album of the year so far and they've been incredible both times I've seen them before and as I've seen them work up from the tent it's only right I see them headline headline 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Soz la, no wools allowed

Will this be your first time seeing actual Hot Chip live then? If so then damn, you're in for a treat. Will be an absolute blast 

Same, is a hard choice though 😬

Yeah, first time! I was at Nos Alive and they played but for the life of me can’t remember why I didn’t see them? 2euro wines probably had something to do with it….

Real tough one tomorrow between Dry Cleaning, Wolf Alice and Hot Chip! I've seen all three before, but in an ideal world I'd see them all again this weekend.

I think I'll end up at Wolf Alice, wearing my Dry Cleaning t-shirt! Pretty gutted that Dry Cleaning are so late and give the three-way clash but they're the cheapest of the three to see elsewhere. Hot Chip bottom of the three currently, but that could all change if I'm in a real party mood! 

Just in case people haven't spotted it.  Seems that if you use a barclaycard to pay at the main bars or for some food, you get 10% off.  Sounds like a pretty decent saving, so I've just dug mine out!  

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/event-perks-terms

might always have been like this, I've just never noticed it, it popped up on my facebook this morning

1 hour ago, JHad said:

An extra couple of notes on this:

Sunset on Thursday (and maybe Friday too) might be fairly spectacular. There's likely to be a moderate amount of aerosol (from forest fires) high in our atmosphere to the west, which should give us a redder than usual sunset as it will scatter more of the shorter-wavelength blue light away.

If you've got kids (or are just interested yourself), make the most of the dark skies by spotting the International Space Station. It always travels east to west and will be visible to the naked eye for 3-6 minutes. Approx. times:

• Thursday: 22:51
  • Friday: 22:04, 23:51
  • Saturday: 22:53
  • Sunday: 22:06

Jeez, West to East!!! Can't edit. 

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks everyone and I have some GREAT news. Big overreaction from the family friend to the photo - an actual nurse saw it with her actual eyes (at 4am!), said it was healing well and we are ON! 

LFTs processing as we have our hotel breakfast - and we are going to a festival TODAY

Safe trips in everyone

Remember that there's always medical on site, who have experience dealing with this kind of stuff specifically under festival conditions. Don't be slow to go and see them if there's any concerns.