Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

On site, wristbands on, gin has been drunk, about to cook noodles.

The quadruple of images; Latitude sign on A14 slightly blurred my Bus was tramming it , and yes that is a Wembley Fraggle.  A hi-viz person who also wristbanded us, after a covid pass check. A row of portaloos from the back of my bus.... a bit too close for my liking! And the entrance to general camping a whole field closer from 19, we're about 3 rows of camper back.

The weather is splendid, the volunteers are smiling - Latitude is a go go go 😁😁😁

Note; I asked permission to take photo & post of volunteer😉

20210721_140402.jpg

20210721_164033.jpg

20210721_172752.jpg

20210721_171145.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, PAX said:

I had to email Ticketmaster three times before I finally got a reply with a link to my ticket to allow me to print it off.

Did you get a resale ticket or 'normal' one?

Don't give up trying, you'll get a reply eventually and good luck

THANKFULLY, I got through to someone on the official email who said they'd arranged for me to pick up my tickets from the ticket office at the festival itself, so at least I can relax now. Thank you for the good luck too, appreciate it 😅🙏👍

1 hour ago, Mackem said:

Friend set up in Campervan area

917472DC-2661-49C8-936B-B6FA4404857B.jpeg

Same friend:

Had a bit of an incident went to get our armbands early at a tent in our camping compound and got told “you’re in the wrong place, you should in general camping, you’ll have to move. You can’t have a family camping wristband without a family, it’s Safeguarding doncha know.”
“Your security inspected the tickets and sent us here” I protested. “ I’ve pitched now and have no intention of moving”
“No kid, no family band, no re-entry to this compound , you’ll have to move” said the adolescent manager. “It’s Safeguarding”
Trying a different tack I advised that we are very unlikely to be the sole “General” in “Family” sans enfant as all the bloody camper vans were sent this way, kids or not. They thought about this for a while and suddenly accepted the mistake was of their making and gave us Family armbands. We are about half a mile closer to the entrance as a consequence. 
Next year we need to borrow a kid.

1 hour ago, DirtyLurker said:

The quadruple of images; Latitude sign on A14 slightly blurred my Bus was tramming it , and yes that is a Wembley Fraggle.  A hi-viz person who also wristbanded us, after a covid pass check. A row of portaloos from the back of my bus.... a bit too close for my liking! And the entrance to general camping a whole field closer from 19, we're about 3 rows of camper back.

The weather is splendid, the volunteers are smiling - Latitude is a go go go 😁😁😁

20210721_140402.jpg

20210721_164033.jpg

20210721_172752.jpg

20210721_171145.jpg

This is a superb post! So giddy.

2 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

20210721_140402.jpg

20210721_164033.jpg

20210721_172752.jpg

20210721_171145.jpg

It really is happening!! Thanks for posting

2 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

THANKFULLY, I got through to someone on the official email who said they'd arranged for me to pick up my tickets from the ticket office at the festival itself, so at least I can relax now. Thank you for the good luck too, appreciate it 😅🙏👍

I had exactly the same problem with them for The Warehouse Project, I never got a print option. It was resolved at the ticket office on the night of the gig, you shouldn't have any more trouble now. They will henceforth be known as Ticketbastard for all their unnecessary hassle.

I got my Latitude ticket from UEA Students Union this time. A much better experience and cheaper postage if they were being mailed.

Time to start packing! 😎

Right, I promised a proper weather forecast a couple of days ago. I've not got a green screen, or the looks for TV, so here goes!

Thursday and Friday look glorious, with slightly more cloud cover and a stronger breeze keeping temperatures a couple of degrees lower on Friday. Maximum temperature on Thursday will be 21-23 C, with 19-21 C likely on Friday. Don't forget to pack the sun cream! Any breeze on Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be easterly, encouraged by the vicinity to the coast and the on-shore breeze. Pitching your tent facing east will keep your tent cooler!

Overnight minimum temperatures are likely to be around 13 C on Thursday night. Late night partiers on Thursday or early risers on Friday could get damp feet as temperatures will fall close to the dew point, possibly exacerbated by the presence of the lake. Temperatures should be kept slightly warmer on Friday night, by the same cloud which will keep it slightly cooler during the day, at around 15 C.

Saturday morning is likely to start cloudy, with the risk of some light showers. A bit of a stronger breeze and the lack of direct sunshine make this a good morning to sleep off a hangover in the tent after that first proper night of partying since before anyone had heard of r numbers. Top temperatures should be 20-22 C, depending on how much the cloud breaks. There is a risk of heavier showers later in the afternoon and evening. These are more likely to form slightly further inland, but that's not to say they won't form or move over the festival. Definitely a day to carry your waterproofs! (not an umbrella though, unless you want to be hated by everybody stood behind you at Rudimental).

Saturday night should be dry once any lingering storms clear and temperatures should be a warm 16 C. 

Sunday morning will feel different as the wind will have veered to the south, portending what looks to be the most unsettled weather of the weekend. If you camped facing, east your tent entrance should provide some shelter from the elements at this point. Before heading down early to catch Bill Bailey, make sure everything is well pegged down as storms could cause strong gusts from any direction and with little warning. It might also be a boots on day, with waterproofs close at hand. There is a fair likelihood of heavy, thundery downpours on Sunday morning and into the afternoon, but these are likely to weaken and clear later in the day, hopefully in plenty of time for one big party with the Sunday headliners. Top temperatures on Sunday should be 19-20 C. Fortunately, the worst weather happening towards the end of the festival should keep any mud to a minimum.

Overnight temperatures on Sunday will likely be around 13-14 C, again with a strong likelihood of dew and dampness underfoot. Monday morning may also be a little damp to begin with, so tents might have to be dried out in the living room!

See you in the fields tomorrow!!!

Edited by JHad
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JHad said:

Right, I promised a proper weather forecast a couple of days ago. I've not got a green screen, or the looks for TV, so here goes!

Thursday and Friday look glorious, with slightly more cloud cover and a stronger breeze keeping temperatures a couple of degrees lower on Friday. Maximum temperature on Thursday will be 21-23 C, with 19-21 C likely on Friday. Don't forget to pack the sun cream! Any breeze on Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be easterly, encouraged by the vicinity to the coast and the on-shore breeze. Pitching your tent facing east will keep your tent cooler!

Overnight minimum temperatures are likely to be around 13 C on Thursday night. Late night partiers on Thursday or early risers on Friday could get damp feet as temperatures will fall close to the dew point, possibly exacerbated by the presence of the lake. Temperatures should be kept slightly warmer on Friday night, by the same cloud which will keep it slightly cooler during the day, at around 15 C.

Saturday morning is likely to start cloudy, with the risk of some light showers. A bit of a stronger breeze and the lack of direct sunshine make this a good morning to sleep off a hangover in the tent after that first proper night of partying since before anyone had heard of r numbers. Top temperatures should be 20-22 C, depending on how much the cloud breaks. There is a risk of heavier showers later in the afternoon and evening. These are more likely to form slightly further inland, but that's not to say they won't form or move over the festival. Definitely a day to carry your waterproofs! (not an umbrella though, unless you want to be hated by everybody stood behind you at Rudimental).

Saturday night should be dry once any lingering storms clear and temperatures should be a warm 16 C. 

Sunday morning will feel different as the wind will have veered to the south, portending what looks to be the most unsettled weather of the weekend. If you camped facing, east your tent entrance should provide some shelter from the elements at this point. Before heading down early to catch Bill Bailey, make sure everything is well pegged down as storms could cause strong gusts from any direction and with little warning. It might also be a boots on day, with waterproofs close at hand. There is a fair likelihood of heavy, thundery downpours on Sunday morning and into the afternoon, but these are likely to weaken and clear later in the day, hopefully in plenty of time for one big party with the Sunday headliners. Top temperatures on Sunday should be 19-20 C. Fortunately, the worst weather happening towards the end of the festival should keep any mud to a minimum.

Overnight temperatures on Sunday will likely be around 13-14 C, again with a strong likelihood of dew and dampness underfoot. Monday morning may also be a little damp to begin with, so tents might have to be dried out in the living room!

See you in the fields tomorrow!!!

That's tremendous thanks mate! Can't argue with that.

Looks likely no festival for us now. A minor wound on the girlfriend's back has led to an a and e trip (more precautionary - nothing suggests its too bad and she's been on antibiotics for it the past week!). Going based on advice from a family friend (while a doctor said it was fine  yesterday and enjoy the festival. both by pictures of course). Now at least she's getting seen properly, but the wound likely to be drained though so festival is a stupid idea. 

Mainly gutted that we tried to push ahead as we've already made the massive journey to Norwich only to go home again tomorrow...

Edited by efcfanwirral

Negative LFT, we are go! 

Now I can get really excited and hopefully forget about work for a few days! To think, this evening we'll be able to wander around the arena and have a beer in a field surrounded by so many others 😍

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Looks likely no festival for us now. A minor wound on the girlfriend's back has led to an a and e trip (more precautionary - nothing suggests its too bad and she's been on antibiotics for it the past week!). Going based on advice from a family friend (while a doctor said it was fine  yesterday and enjoy the festival. both by pictures of course). Now at least she's getting seen properly, but the wound likely to be drained though so festival is a stupid idea. 

Mainly gutted that we tried to push ahead as we've already made the massive journey to Norwich only to go home again tomorrow...

Really sorry to hear this mate! That's a hell of a journey but I respect you trying so hard to make it work. 

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Aaarggghh, gutted for you. If you're already so close, might it at least be worth a little trip on site today? Or would that just make it all worse?

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Awe mate, I'm so sorry, hope your partner's health improves & that you both have a safe journey home.  

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Negative LFT, we are go! 

Now I can get really excited and hopefully forget about work for a few days! To think, this evening we'll be able to wander around the arena and have a beer in a field surrounded by so many others 😍

Really sorry to hear this mate! That's a hell of a journey but I respect you trying so hard to make it work. 

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Aaarggghh, gutted for you. If you're already so close, might it at least be worth a little trip on site today? Or would that just make it all worse?

7 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Awe mate, I'm so sorry, hope your partner's health improves & that you both have a safe journey home.  

Thanks everyone and I have some GREAT news. Big overreaction from the family friend to the photo - an actual nurse saw it with her actual eyes (at 4am!), said it was healing well and we are ON! 

LFTs processing as we have our hotel breakfast - and we are going to a festival TODAY

Safe trips in everyone

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Good morning from a sunny but not too hot Latitude site☀️

Coffee is flowing, the campsite festival sounds are ringing through the air - airbeds being pumped, pegs being hammered, the gentle clattering of pots as the smells of bacon waft!

I forgot to add on my last post, there are composters next to the portaloos, previously there have only been Wateraid composters so more composters are always welcome - Wateraid are here apparently, a colleague of my little bro is here with them, chuck them a few quid if you can they do amazing work.

Happy festival day one & all 🎉🎪☀️ especially @efcfanwirral that's some flipping ride you've been on, enjoy your breakfast & get yourselves on site!

• Like 1