Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

We’ve got our head around it. My other half has mostly gave way to most of my choices (bless him and I feel guilty)!

Friday is probably my best day for getting around the different stages. Sunday is a bit boring, mostly at Obelisk tbh.

My favourites for Latitude Festival 2021 are:

Thursday, Jul. 22

• Cirque Du Soul (1:00 AM)

Friday, Jul. 23

• THE GOA EXPRESS (12:00 PM)
• Lucia & The Best Boys (1:15 PM)
• Willie J Healey (2:40 PM)
• Maisie Peters (3:40 PM)
• Simon Amstell (5:15 PM)
• Stephen Fretwell (6:00 PM)
• Wet Leg (7:30 PM)
• Goat Girl (8:30 PM)
• Wolf Alice (9:50 PM)
• Club De Fromage (11:00 PM)

Saturday, Jul. 24

• Supergrass (12:30 PM)
• CMAT (2:15 PM)
• Orla Gartland (3:30 PM)
• Katherine Ryan (5:15 PM)
• Villagers (6:25 PM)
• Arlo Parks (8:15 PM)
• The Chemical Brothers (9:25 PM)
• Fontaines DC (10:00 PM)
• Jack Saunders (12:00 AM)

Sunday, Jul. 25

• Bill Bailey (11:30 AM)
• Billie Marten (12:45 PM) <???>
• Griff (2:00 PM)
• James Vincent McMorrow (4:30 PM)
• Liz Lawrence (6:15 PM)
• Bombay Bicycle Club (7:35 PM)
• Bastille ReOrchestrated (9:30 PM)
• Gimme Gimme Gimme: ABBA After Midnight (11:00 PM)

Edited by mikegday

5 minutes ago, PAX said:

Anyone else having trouble getting resale tickets through from Ticketmaster?

Quite frankly they are taking the p***

Emailed them on several occasions now and all you get is a generic automated reply but no bloody ticket!

Bought the ticket back in May and it's all been confirmed but nothing has come through as of yet.

Gonna be severely hacked off if I miss this after a two year wait.

Cheers

are the tickets not just digital on your ticketmaster account? 

11 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Will I have enough time to get from Damon at the Waterfront Staget to the Chems and still get a good position for the Chems? Or shoudl i play it safe and leave Damon early?

The walk between the 2 stages probably takes all of 3 minutes, 10 if there's a crowd so you'll probably have time between the 2, unless you're actually down in front of the stage its very easy to walk through the crowd so I reckon you'll be alright but just do whatever you feel is best  

16 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

are the tickets not just digital on your ticketmaster account? 

No, Resale Tickets are a separate entity. All you get is a confirmation of the order and that tickets have been sent but no actual ticket - digital or otherwise so far

Just now, PAX said:

No, Resale Tickets are a separate entity. All you get is a confirmation of the order and that tickets have been sent but no actual ticket - digital or otherwise so far

That's strange, as all Latitude tickets for humans (i.e. no campervans) are print at home now.  Even from resellers.  I would expect these to be the same.

6 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Just about to set off for the 6 1/2 hour drive down. 
Latitude was my last festival, so 2 years. 2 bloody years.

So so happy to be finally going to one, can't wait. Even the shifts will be a joy I'm sure (although I'd prefer a role where I get to wander about rather than stuck on a gate like last time)

See you all there in a couple of days!

Enjoy - be sure to pass on any useful info!

2 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Will I have enough time to get from Damon at the Waterfront Staget to the Chems and still get a good position for the Chems? Or shoudl i play it safe and leave Damon early?

Yeah loads of time. Tip for the Obelisk stage. Always go in on the left hand side (where the Obelisk stone is on the map). The entrance into the whole arena naturally leads people up to the right hand side so that side is always packed but the left is much less busy and you can often just walk straight up to the front.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, chrisplowman said:

Yeah loads of time. Tip for the Obelisk stage. Always go in on the left hand side (where the Obelisk stone is on the map). The entrance into the whole arena naturally leads people up to the right hand side so that side is always packed but the left is much less busy and you can often just walk straight up to the front.

"Front left, by the speaker" is our festival family's go to point 😁

2 hours ago, mikegday said:

Billie Marten is still set to play. Maybe she’s ditched this week’s in-store’s to avoid getting ‘pinged’ before Lat.

Yep, that looks more likely ......staying out of the way so as not to put her Latitude appearance in jeopardy or risk any pings.

Just now, zeppelin said:

It always amazes me that this works, given how many people I hear of doing it (my group included)!

I know right but it never fails 😅  unless.... are you one of our group? 😅😅  we've always said it, at clubs, gigs festivals - we were in Vegas a few years ago & our seats happened to be front left, by the speaker so I posted a pic on socials saying if you know you know!  Baffled a fair few other friends 😅

26 minutes ago, Havors said:

Looks good according to met office. Possible shower early Saturday then dry again until sunday when there is good chance of showers throughout the day. image.thumb.png.f54389a561467c5cca4780b7667b4d39.png

Yeah can't quibble with that, if you go Thurs-Monday and get a day + a morning of rain not sure you can argue too much. 

3 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Yeah can't quibble with that, if you go Thurs-Monday and get a day + a morning of rain not sure you can argue too much. 

met office is usually the most accurate as well, looks good. I'll be there tomorrow with oxfam. Extra sunny day ha 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Anyone sort of glad it's going back down to the early 20 degrees range, it's 28c here today and for me it's just too hot in the direct sun.

(Ps I know we moan when it's hot and when it's cold)

🙂

Hell yes. I love the sun but constant sun 28 degrees at a festival is a nightmare. 

The lower temp will help. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Hell yes. I love the sun but constant sun 28 degrees at a festival is a nightmare. 

The lower temp will help. 

Remember a day in 2016 I believe and it was just far too hot, people fighting for shade.

Havors this may sound really dumb, but what part of Oxfam play there again? I forget, what will you be getting up to?