Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

9 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Awful clash. The 2 artists I wanna see most on the lineup. Hot Chip was my last gig before the world went to shit, and Hurache Lights kicking in is gonna be something special, but it has to be Wolf Alice for me. New albums just too good.

Horrible clash. Still no idea what to do. Leaning towards Wolf Alice just to mix the headliners up a bit with the Chems next night. Strike a good balance.

I wish Hot Chip played longer sets / mixed it up a bit. They have easily enough bangers to play for 2 hours but their sets seems to be the same 12 songs neatly packed into 70 minutes which I have now seen about 5 times :). 

23 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Horrible clash. Still no idea what to do. Leaning towards Wolf Alice just to mix the headliners up a bit with the Chems next night. Strike a good balance.

Bringing together the 2 strands of the discussion here - vax safety and schedules - while the weather stays fine I’ll be erring on the side of the outdoor stages in the event of a clash dilemma. In the Wolf Alice v Hot Chip clash though I’d go see WA even if they were indoors. If the Glasto Livestream is anything to go by they’ve progressed so much during lockdown they’re almost unrecognisable. I’m not usually y a headliner fan but they’re my No 1 target ahead of anyone lower down/on smaller stages

Edited by Mackem

7 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Good shout but my best hoody Iwas gonna take is my hot chip one. Nightmare clashes what a beautiful problem to have 😉

I'm meant to be off to London this evening for Black Midi but with it being the 'first night out' back from lockdown I'm slightly worried about how packed travel might me on trains/ tubes. Luckily I've had both jabs but really don't want to catch it and miss out on this weekend.

Really unsure how to play it.

5 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I'm meant to be off to London this evening for Black Midi but with it being the 'first night out' back from lockdown I'm slightly worried about how packed travel might me on trains/ tubes. Luckily I've had both jabs but really don't want to catch it and miss out on this weekend.

One (admittedly excellent) gig vs missing out on a whole weekend of music, food and other stuff. I'd definitely be staying home personally.

16 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I was meant to be seeing Katherine Ryan at a local theatre on Wednesday but have decided to avoid it and see her at Latitude instead, I just daren't risk getting pinged so close to the event 

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Another extremely unclear message about the LFT stuff. From this do I assume that they're checking covid status at the arena entrance each time you go in? Could interpret that post more than one way, just like the faqs page 

Screenshot_20210719-124914_Lite.jpg

Isn’t that literally just from the FAQ page?

I read it the way others on here have, technically your status has expired 48 hours after your LFT, however unless you leave the site you won’t need to show your status again.

I think they’re being extremely careful to not put out in the public domain that your entry is still valid even after your COVID status has expired, it’s safer to tell everyone  bring a new test!

13 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I read it the way others on here have, technically your status has expired 48 hours after your LFT, however unless you leave the site you won’t need to show your status again.

I think they’re being extremely careful to not put out in the public domain that your entry is still valid even after your COVID status has expired, it’s safer to tell everyone  bring a new test!

Think you're bob on.

14 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I hadn't thought of it that way! That's probably very true

LFTs aren't going to be accurate, or even work, having been boiling in a tent for a couple of days...

3 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

It was the next day for me.

Still think I’ll take an LFT to be on the safe side.

NHS app says “Once two weeks have passed from your second vaccine you will be able to get a NHS COVID Pass.” 

did yours appear the day after your jab or on the 15th day?

1 minute ago, adequate8 said:

NHS app says “Once two weeks have passed from your second vaccine you will be able to get a NHS COVID Pass.” 

Day after the jab. In fact I had a QR code when I had only had one jab, but the second one pulled through with the date etc the following day.

Obviously it probably wouldn’t have been accepted as it wouldn’t have kicked in, but I didn’t put it to the test until after a fortnight, so I’ve got no way of knowing that.

9 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Day after the jab. In fact I had a QR code when I had only had one jab, but the second one pulled through with the date etc the following day.

Obviously it probably wouldn’t have been accepted as it wouldn’t have kicked in, but I didn’t put it to the test until after a fortnight, so I’ve got no way of knowing that.

Thanks, hoping mine kicks just after 2 weeks! 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Another extremely unclear message about the LFT stuff. From this do I assume that they're checking covid status at the arena entrance each time you go in? Could interpret that post more than one way, just like the faqs page 

Screenshot_20210719-124914_Lite.jpg

I think the point here is they are saying your test expires after 48 hours so you need to retest, but reading between the lines, nobody is going to check. It's basically a 'this is what you should do but we have no way of enforcing it or checking it'

But if you go off site they will recheck.

57 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Mine took exactly 2 week for travel one and 3 weeks for domestic one 

I’m wondering how many of the bands/artists will be affected by the self isolation from the app / having COVID / member of their household testing positive. 

I know more people isolating right now than at any point in the pandemic put together. 

This could really change the scheduling at any given time, so perhaps they’ll release a final version of the schedule on each day? 

13 minutes ago, KesyerSoze21 said:

I’m wondering how many of the bands/artists will be affected by the self isolation from the app / having COVID / member of their household testing positive. 

I know more people isolating right now than at any point in the pandemic put together. 

This could really change the scheduling at any given time, so perhaps they’ll release a final version of the schedule on each day? 

I imagine they'll have some extra acts lined up in case of this but if you were an act getting ready for your first proper gig in over a year I'd like to think you'd be taking all necessary precautions right now so you didn't get isolated 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, KesyerSoze21 said:

can someone ping Bastille please haha - this idea does make me curious though as to who the potential replacements are. I wonder if artists would just get bumped up more than replacements at this late stage

• Upvote 1