Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

Just now, gfa said:

Just chilling inside really, just do not want to catch covid - final stretch! 3 days till we’re in a field!

Accuweather seems to be saying the rain has moved more to Monday/Tuesday and are generally quite good. Definitely thinking about waterproofs

Same as every festival in the UK, pack for all four seasons. Waterproof jacket and sun block. You'll definitely need one. Or both. Sometimes at the same time 😆

6 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

No clue as of yet, perhaps midday time but they'll put it over their social medias when they're ready to 

From memory, the last couple of years they haven't released all the set times on the Monday, but painfully drip fed them 2 or 3 stages at a time over Mon/Tues/Wed.  Hopefully we will get them all today, but be prepared for disappointment.

• Like 1

Went to a festival with a new tent and £10 wellies that both stood up to constant wind and rain. It was comedically terrible weather, getting stuck in the mud, nowhere really to sit and just laughed it off .Didn't know most of the bands, spent a lot of time by myself and still had a great time. Dry enough to sit down on a bin big if necessary will do me !

Had talked myself out of going to Latitude last week and now I can't wait. Have some work to do indoors this week so covid still a possibility but I've consoled myself that I can go to a small local thing in August if I have to isolate again and miss this. Couple of tests and hope for the best! With that "insurance policy" I'm allowing myself to pack and get excited 

With the LFTs for entry on Thursday. Does a negative test on the Wednesday get me in or does it have to be done on Thursday? 

I can't quite tell from the website but I'm leaning towards the latter... 

"Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at the festival" 

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Just absolutely double checking...

I'm fully vaccinated, have been for over 6 weeks now, it means I don't need to take any tests for entry is that correct?

Thanks in advance

I'm in the same position but am a bit worried so will do a lateral flow on the Thursday before I leave just in case anyway. I think you should be fine with the pass from the NHS app though.

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I'm fully vaccinated, have been for over 6 weeks now, it means I don't need to take any tests for entry is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Yes, 100%. It’s what we’re doing. Check your record on the NHS App, if you can see the 2nd dose registered and the date is fine then screenshot your QR pass and you’ll be good to go! 
There’s no ambiguity with this one:

.. demonstrate their COVID-19 Status by providing either:

·       Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the festival) or

1 minute ago, mikegday said:

Yes, 100%. It’s what we’re doing. Check your record on the NHS App, if you can see the 2nd dose registered and the date is fine then screenshot your QR pass and you’ll be good to go! 
There’s no ambiguity with this one:

.. demonstrate their COVID-19 Status by providing either:

·       Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the festival) or

Yep thanks Mike :) and others! Just one of those worrying for worrying sake. 

4 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Thanks in advance

Ticket holders from England

If you are resident in England, you can show your status easily via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App. 

I know people who had symptomatic covid months after jabs so might be worth doing a test anyway but ultimately no,  not necessary for entry.

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Yep thanks Mike 🙂 and others! Just one of those worrying for worrying sake. 

I know what you mean! The amount of times I’ve checked our print out tickets have different barcodes on them is unbelievable. Defo defo screenshot your QR pass now though, because if the signal goes weak or whatever it’s one extra flap you don’t need.

Just now, mikegday said:

I know what you mean! The amount of times I’ve checked our print out tickets have different barcodes on them is unbelievable. Defo defo screenshot your QR pass now though, because if the signal goes weak or whatever it’s one extra flap you don’t need.

Yep I've screenshotted my QR and downloaded an offline PDF copy, all bases covered as you say. 

3 minutes ago, mikegday said:

You can download it onto your phone, too. I'm even printing mine. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Same!  

Feeling physically sick in equal parts excitement & nerves.

Have checked the NHS app about a million times already, I'm doing my own head in with this 😅

We've all had a torrid 16 months, try your best to enjoy this :) from the minute you set off to the minute you get home!

I know that's often easier said than done. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

With the LFTs for entry on Thursday. Does a negative test on the Wednesday get me in or does it have to be done on Thursday? 

I can't quite tell from the website but I'm leaning towards the latter... 

"Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at the festival" 

If I was you I’d stick to the wording 100% and do it on the day you’re arriving (Thursday)

3 hours ago, FrankieX said:

Just as a heads up: The BBC weather forecast for Blythburgh (the nearby village) is showing 'Thundery Showers' from Saturday evening through most of Sunday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655312

Make sure you pack appropriately.

I wouldn't trust a location-based forecast this far out (if at all), but taking having decent waterproofs and boots is always good advice! 

Regarding the weather, I'll probably end up doing a forecast in the next couple of days (I trained as a meteorologist), so will no doubt end up sharing here just in case anybody is interested in that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Got my 2nd jab last week so won’t make the cut off for Thursday, but for those already double jabbed (4+ weeks ago), how soon did the QR pass appear in the app after the 2nd jab?

just wondering for wilderness/green man tis all

also, has anyone seen any lineup stuff direct from artist? Saw Big Joanie reply saying they’re on before Tim Burgess 👀

Just now, Jacko45 said:

We've all had a torrid 16 months, try your best to enjoy this 🙂 from the minute you set off to the minute you get home!

I know that's often easier said than done. 

Pretty sure once we're in & getting set up all with feel as normal but know my partner is going to get a rough deal with my anxiety between now & then😅 I'm laughing about it because I can pinpoint it, acknowledge it & hopefully deal with it😊

Reading everyone else's questions & preparations is def helping me, thanks for all being as anal as me 😉

Right off to start on the campervan clean, stepping away from socials leaving all devices in the house & trying to keep calm.

Dancing soon people, we're going to be dancing in fields 😁😁😁😁