Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

We're having a bit of a wobble based on this - as I've mentioned before we'll be on public transport so any positive tests would be very bad.

The idea of testing positive Saturday morning isn't good - do we know if the tests will be self administered or will they be making us do them at a test centre? We'd do the right thing if we tested positive ourselves and leave as safely as possible but if they know about it and we get involved with local health authorities that would be dicey and we can't really afford a 14 day hotel quarantine

I'm also assuming the only way to police this will be by asking for the proof every single time you go into the arena? Or maybe different entrances for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Then there's the fact double jabbed people can test positive and it's all a load of bollocks really isn't it? 

I think @incident has made a pretty valid point above; Latitude would definitely have plastered information about if there was a need to re-test if you don't leave site.  They specifically state that upon entry the festival will be as if a normal year so any further testing or covid stuff inside the festival would contradict that statement.

Totally get the wobbles though, I've been back & forth on the hour for the past couple days.  The best thing I've found is to totally switch off from news/socials & occupy my mind - I've run, done yoga & started a new painting.

I can't offer any solid advice but my feelings are that as long as we take sensible precautions before we go then everything should be ok - we can't predict the future & anxiety just likes to make us overthink every last thing, it's a bastard is anxiety!

8 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I think @incident has made a pretty valid point above; Latitude would definitely have plastered information about if there was a need to re-test if you don't leave site.  They specifically state that upon entry the festival will be as if a normal year so any further testing or covid stuff inside the festival would contradict that statement.

Totally get the wobbles though, I've been back & forth on the hour for the past couple days.  The best thing I've found is to totally switch off from news/socials & occupy my mind - I've run, done yoga & started a new painting.

I can't offer any solid advice but my feelings are that as long as we take sensible precautions before we go then everything should be ok - we can't predict the future & anxiety just likes to make us overthink every last thing, it's a bastard is anxiety!

Thanks! Honestly the only anxiety is the issue about what happens if we tested positive while down there, just going to the festival we've accepted we may well catch it, and we're not too bothered. We won't test positive before as we've isolated pretty much this week but can't make any guarantees about what the end of the weekend brings

We're almost definitely doing it as we don't expect to get to see any live music, indoors or outdoors, til next summer after this. Hope we're wrong but we need to assume that is the case 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, incident said:

FAQs seem pretty clear to me - you have to demonstrate your status on each entry to the Festival itself. If you're using LFTs to demonstrate your status, then that needs to be no more than 48 hours old at the time of entry - even if that entrry is simply going back to the car to get something.

If there was a need to re-test mid festival for those not leaving the site, then it would have been stated pretty clearly.

Wouldn't worry about something confusing said on their social media, the people running Twitter accounts for these companies often don't have a clue at the best of times and are generally working from and (mis)interpreting the same information we are.

Yeah my thoughts on further reflection are the social team have no idea 

Edited by efcfanwirral

The email we received from Ticketmaster made it pretty clear I think:

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website. 

Picked up three Saturday tickets for my wife, son and me today and just trying to work out the best route to get to the day parking? We live in Norwich and sat nav is showing the quickest route as coming in on the A145, rather than the A12. On the map the only day parking arrow is Purple 1 but it's pointing away from the site - not sure whether that's indicating it's an exit or if you can get in there too? 

When we last came in 2016 I followed the signs and ended up getting stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam that basically took us all the way round the outside of the site. I should have just ignored them and carried on the A12 for another half a mile and got straight to the car park but it looks like it's in a different place now anyway. Some of the roads are one way so just want to take whatever route will bring me in closest to the correct car park.

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Picked up three Saturday tickets for my wife, son and me today and just trying to work out the best route to get to the day parking? We live in Norwich and sat nav is showing the quickest route as coming in on the A145, rather than the A12. On the map the only day parking arrow is Purple 1 but it's pointing away from the site - not sure whether that's indicating it's an exit or if you can get in there too? 

When we last came in 2016 I followed the signs and ended up getting stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam that basically took us all the way round the outside of the site. I should have just ignored them and carried on the A12 for another half a mile and got straight to the car park but it looks like it's in a different place now anyway. Some of the roads are one way so just want to take whatever route will bring me in closest to the correct car park.

I don’t think it is pointing away. I presume that car park is on the other side of the road?

The have really thought about the traffic and have put in one way systems and big diversions depending on which car park you are in. It works well but can increase the length of the drive significantly. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ianlash said:

I don’t think it is pointing away. I presume that car park is on the other side of the road?

The have really thought about the traffic and have put in one way systems and big diversions depending on which car park you are in. It works well but can increase the length of the drive significantly. 

Day car park is indeed across the road, Purple Gate 1

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks! Honestly the only anxiety is the issue about what happens if we tested positive while down there, just going to the festival we've accepted we may well catch it, and we're not too bothered. We won't test positive before as we've isolated pretty much this week but can't make any guarantees about what the end of the weekend brings

We're almost definitely doing it as we don't expect to get to see any live music, indoors or outdoors, til next summer after this. Hope we're wrong but we need to assume that is the case 

No worries😊 I may have been projecting my own anxieties 😉

Literally can't wait to get there & put all this pandemic stuff out of my brain for 5 days!

I put the Latitude playlist on Spotify yesterday whilst I was painting a new Glasto picture - not everything was to my taste but mainly a decent listen, it seemsd to be very Kaiser Chiefs heavy though 😅

Pic of Glasto inspired work in progress in case anyone was interested 😊

20210717_160207.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

No worries😊 I may have been projecting my own anxieties 😉

Literally can't wait to get there & put all this pandemic stuff out of my brain for 5 days!

I put the Latitude playlist on Spotify yesterday whilst I was painting a new Glasto picture - not everything was to my taste but mainly a decent listen, it seemsd to be very Kaiser Chiefs heavy though 😅

Pic of Glasto inspired work in progress in case anyone was interested 😊

20210717_160207.jpg

There's a lot that isn't to my taste either, but that's never really been a problem at latitude as there's always something close by to go and check out, or just take some time out to have something to eat and drink.

For me there's far too many very dull singer / song writer type acts. I'm assuming you feel the same by the acts that you've mentioned that you are looking forward to?

5 hours ago, km9 said:

There's a lot that isn't to my taste either, but that's never really been a problem at latitude as there's always something close by to go and check out, or just take some time out to have something to eat and drink.

For me there's far too many very dull singer / song writer type acts. I'm assuming you feel the same by the acts that you've mentioned that you are looking forward to?

Yeah we're very much have a wander about & see what takes our fancy kind of festivallers - we have a 3 song rule, if either one of us isn't enjoying a set after 3 tracks then we will have a wander, with exception of personal favourites, which for me this year is Chems, '19 was Underworld because partner played the 3 track rule on me at the '16 West Holts Underworld set & I've never let them forget it 😅

We always spend huge chunks of the day in Comedy, the Chortle newcomers are always good - we've seen loads of up & comers at Latitude that are now regulars on panel shows.  Also the literature tent quite often has comedian's.

We might swing by people like Kaiser's, Supergrass or Bastille but don't tent to spend a lot of time at Obelisk - obvs be there for Bill Bailey!  BBC stage up in the woods with the sofas is a joy....if you can get a sofa 😉

30 minutes ago, lemons said:

What's the ground like generally? Would I get away with running trainers or need hiking boots ?

Ground is pretty good, I usually wear flipflops in the day, so could def get away with runners.  Tend to stick DMs or boots on in the eve because ground in the Woods & Forest is as you'd expect; uneven & dark.  There were thunderstorms a few years ago, right before Fatboy & the ground stayed firm, not really muddy.  Weather forecast is dry through the whole week.

2 hours ago, big hog said:

Any recs for the Alcove, btw? Not really familiar with the acts playing there but be good to catch some.

Wet Leg (Very promising Isle of Wight duo signed to Domino Records)

Vlure (Imagine the cast of Trainspotting forming a shouty synth goth band with the occasional reference to Faithless, Depeche Mode and Killing Joke)

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone got anything nice planned for this week...?

Just chilling inside really, just do not want to catch covid - final stretch! 3 days till we’re in a field!

1 hour ago, FrankieX said:

Just as a heads up: The BBC weather forecast for Blythburgh (the nearby village) is showing 'Thundery Showers' from Saturday evening through most of Sunday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655312

Make sure you pack appropriately.

Accuweather seems to be saying the rain has moved more to Monday/Tuesday and are generally quite good. Definitely thinking about waterproofs