Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

16 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

It uses Bluetooth to detect if you've been close enough to someone who has tested positive for a long enough period of time. Well, at least if your phone has been close enough to their phone. 

So no, it wouldn't necessarily ask all 40,000 to isolate. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply

11 minutes ago, bethannny said:

The Latitude guidance is: 

Will I be required to re-test?

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website.

So the only place you'll have to demonstrate your status is on the gates. If you leave during the festival and your status has expired then you'll need to retest. If you're not leaving then there's nowhere else you'll need to demonstrate status so no actual need to retest.

Interesting how this might affect car travellers on Monday i.e. if you need to do two trips to the car on Monday morn and haven't retested, will they let you back in?

I’m double jabbed but my daughter’s got a day ticket and asking how proof of lateral flow works. Does she just have to upload the result to the NHS website and that what they check?

2 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I’m double jabbed but my daughter’s got a day ticket and asking how proof of lateral flow works. Does she just have to upload the result to the NHS website and that what they check?

Everything you need is on the Latitude site - https://www.latitudefestival.com/information-category/latitude-2021-faqs

It varies depending on where you're coming from, but essentially she'll need to register her negative lateral flow result on the GOV website. Can then show text/email showing negative result or the COVID pass through the NHS app (England only - details here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-status)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Lateral flows only last 48hours for Latitude but 72hours for Leeds?

In true government fashion, even Festival Republic are making it up as they go along

Since Latitude is a test event they may be forced to do this, but Leeds don’t even need to do any testing at all might be why perhaps

1 hour ago, lemons said:

One thing rightly testing before you go. Can't see people complying with this honestly if not showing symptoms...

Risking being thrown out of festival on final day and your mates are close contacts? If you travelled together how do you get home?

Yeah im concerned as im getting the bus down. If they do force everyone to re-test on the saturday (or whenever 48 hours is) and im positive, where do i isolate? My tent for 10 days? 

51 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah im concerned as im getting the bus down. If they do force everyone to re-test on the saturday (or whenever 48 hours is) and im positive, where do i isolate? My tent for 10 days? 

If you’re not leaving site, you don’t need to re-test. You only need to prove your status (double jab or negative) when entering the site.

1 hour ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Burger & Beyond, Paellaria and Anna Mae's Mac n Cheese among the food traders. Sadly no Dosa Deli or Jumping Bean Burritos listed.

Any recommendations would be very welcome.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/explore/street-feast/

English Indian 👍 had an awesome disco dinner from them at Camper Calling - they played disco, we ate dinner 🕺 

Quite a few off that list are Digbeth Dining Club regulars, Only Jerkin, Yard Burgers & Original Patty Men are for sure! 

I've never had a bad Greek at a festival, can't go wrong with halloumi & fresh salad crammed into a handmade pitta 😍

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KesyerSoze21 said:

My interpretation of the Latitude guidance under ‘Will I be required to Re-test?’ is that it applies to all who get entry through testing.

No idea if this will be enforced, and if so, how they would do this without causing huge delays and congestion.

6 hours ago, bethannny said:

The Latitude guidance is: 

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website.

So the only place you'll have to demonstrate your status is on the gates. If you leave during the festival and your status has expired then you'll need to retest. If you're not leaving then there's nowhere else you'll need to demonstrate status so no actual need to retest.

Interesting how this might affect car travellers on Monday i.e. if you need to do two trips to the car on Monday morn and haven't retested, will they let you back in?

To be fair the right thing WOULD be to make people retest and make the arena the new threshold. If not its all nonsense health theatre

I do interpret the guidelines for ours as we don't need to do that, but the bit about Leeds and Reading does make me wonder. 

Maybe it's different demographics- they trust the families but assume the sort of people who go Leeds and Reading probably won't be honest? (I'm going to Leeds on a day trip before anyone jumps on that) 

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair the right thing WOULD be to make people retest and make the arena the new threshold. If not its all nonsense health theatre

I do interpret the guidelines for ours as we don't need to do that, but the bit about Leeds and Reading does make me wonder. 

Maybe it's different demographics- they trust the families but assume the sort of people who go Leeds and Reading probably won't be honest? (I'm going to Leeds on a day trip before anyone jumps on that) 

I wonder if day tickets is the sticking point? 

Although no reason R/L should be different to Latitude on that front, other than numbers. 

19 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So Leeds festival have just updated their covid-19 requirements, and it also mentions that lateral flows only last for 72hours, advising everyone to bring spare tests with them to the festival. I know a few on here suggest that theyre only needed for those leaving the site, but it certainly doesn't read like that to me?

"If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 72 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 72 hour period. DON’T FORGET TO BRING SPARE LATERAL FLOW TESTS WITH YOU FOR THE WEEKEND!"

So I've just had a look on the website and, to be fair, the next paragraph says:

"If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website." 

So the guidance is essentially identical to Latitude's with the main difference being 48hrs vs 72hrs.

I imagine more people leave the Reading and Leeds sites which is why they're more explicit about bringing extra LFTs. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

So I've just had a look on the website and, to be fair, the next paragraph says:

"If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website." 

So the guidance is essentially identical to Latitude's with the main difference being 48hrs vs 72hrs.

I imagine more people leave the Reading and Leeds sites which is why they're more explicit about bringing extra LFTs. 

Thats true- I forget Reading is practically in the city centre. I'm used to festivals being very remote! 

We're having a bit of a wobble based on this - as I've mentioned before we'll be on public transport so any positive tests would be very bad.

The idea of testing positive Saturday morning isn't good - do we know if the tests will be self administered or will they be making us do them at a test centre? We'd do the right thing if we tested positive ourselves and leave as safely as possible but if they know about it and we get involved with local health authorities that would be dicey and we can't really afford a 14 day hotel quarantine

I'm also assuming the only way to police this will be by asking for the proof every single time you go into the arena? Or maybe different entrances for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Then there's the fact double jabbed people can test positive and it's all a load of bollocks really isn't it? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

47 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

We're having a bit of a wobble based on this - as I've mentioned before we'll be on public transport so any positive tests would be very bad.

The idea of testing positive Saturday morning isn't good - do we know if the tests will be self administered or will they be making us do them at a test centre? We'd do the right thing if we tested positive ourselves and leave as safely as possible but if they know about it and we get involved with local health authorities that would be dicey and we can't really afford a 14 day hotel quarantine

I'm also assuming the only way to police this will be by asking for the proof every single time you go into the arena? Or maybe different entrances for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Then there's the fact double jabbed people can test positive and it's all a load of bollocks really isn't it? 

My interpretation of the information on the Latitude website and socials is that you are 'required' to retest after 48 hours but only have to demonstrate proof of your Covid status if you leave and then return to the site.

There is no mention of having to show your status on entry to the arena, or anywhere other than the entry gates, and I'm not convinced this would be practical. 

And I think they mean a self administered lateral flow test, for those not double vaccinated at least 14 days before.

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un

3 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

My interpretation of the information on the Latitude website and socials is that you are 'required' to retest after 48 hours but only have to demonstrate proof of your Covid status if you leave and then return to the site.

There is no mention of having to show your status on entry to the arena, or anywhere other than the entry gates, and I'm not convinced this would be practical. 

And I think they mean a self administered lateral flow test, for those not double vaccinated at least 14 days before.

That was my interpretation, but this says otherwise 

Could just be the social team misinterpreting but you could read those FAQs either way. On reflection and further study I do think they mean self administered, especially on top of Leeds/Reading saying bring more LFTs for that on their guidance 

Though the LFTs left in a hot tent (the liquid) and the unsanitary nature of doing that at a festival does make me think the wisdom of all this is a bit flawed. Maybe vaccine proof only is the best option! 

FAQs seem pretty clear to me - you have to demonstrate your status on each entry to the Festival itself. If you're using LFTs to demonstrate your status, then that needs to be no more than 48 hours old at the time of entry - even if that entrry is simply going back to the car to get something.

If there was a need to re-test mid festival for those not leaving the site, then it would have been stated pretty clearly.

Wouldn't worry about something confusing said on their social media, the people running Twitter accounts for these companies often don't have a clue at the best of times and are generally working from and (mis)interpreting the same information we are.