Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

1 hour ago, big hog said:

Oh yeah, Idles seems inevitable to me. I bet they're desperate to play live with that new album out.

Ive been thinking this too but not getting too excited and setting myself up for disappointment, was meant to be going to truck that weekend to see them. Still hopeful idles will show up, also because they were used a fair bit in highlights from the year they last played.

Looking forward to a first visit to Latitude 😃🎶 though only have Friday day tickets 

we’re Truck Festival regulars, living only 5 miles from that site, but that was scuppered 😩

tying in a day ticket for Latitude with a visit to my mum’s in Norfolk for the first time in 18 months 

looking forward to it

On 7/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any Wolf Alice fans fancy making a predictive setlist? I'm kinda interested to see what others are thinking tbh

Smile
Delicious Things
Lipstick on the Glass
Yuk Foo
Your Loves Whore
You're a Germ
Beautifully Unconventional
Formidable Cool
Moaning Lisa Smile
Don't Delete the Kisses
Bros
Safe from Heartbreak
Visions of a life
Lisbon
How Can I Make it OK?
Feeling Myself
Space & Time

Encore:
The Last Man on the Earth
No Hard Feelings
Giant Peach

Joe from IDLES is doing a DJ set in Birmingham Friday night so it would be unlikely that day if they do pop up.

Pretty much no acts seem to be playing both at latitude and tramlines, but means there is a fair few gigging that weekend so fingers crossed a few show up!

15 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Just had early shifts (Oxfam) confirmed. Last minute, so bit of stress sorting extra time off, and it means i have to do the 350 mile trip in one day rather than splitting it over 2, but very happy. Not as good as Glastonbury early shifts, but it does mean my last one is on Friday and no overnights. 

Damn you!! I wanted early shifts! 😄 

10 hours ago, big hog said:

Oh yeah, Idles seems inevitable to me. I bet they're desperate to play live with that new album out.

They have played it twice (I think) before, could definitely see them doing an appearance in the afternoon on the BBC stage.

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If anyone hears of any secret sets, etc, please post it on this thread! 

The secret sets are never that secret. With the Liam Gallagher one there was a massive hole in the schedule so something was clearly going on and he posted about it on twitter in the morning. So chances on missing out on something massive is slim if you are even vaguely aware of what is going on. But yes please do share.

Edited by chrisplowman

Just now, chrisplowman said:

The secret sets are never that secret. With the Liam Gallagher one there was a massive whole in the schedule so something was clearly going on and he posted about it on twitter in the morning. So chances on missing out on something massive is slim if you are even vaguely aware of what is going on. But yes please do share.

Probably why they wait until a few days before the gates open to announce the schedule?

2 minutes ago, chrisplowman said:

They have played it twice (I think) before, could definitely see them doing an appearance in the afternoon on the BBC stage.

The secret sets are never that secret. With the Liam Gallagher one there was a massive whole in the schedule so something was clearly going on and he posted about it on twitter in the morning. So chances on missing out on something massive is slim if you are even vaguely aware of what is going on. But yes please do share.

Yeah, but you also get the opposite, like the Stormzy appearance in 2019 which didn't happen (they even closed the bridges etc too) and the Florence one a couple of years before that on the BBC stage which also didn't happen.

13 hours ago, Gavin1973 said:

First time at Latitude, group of 5.  Is it worth turning up super early on Thursday to get a good spot?  Do people queue up before the 8am campsite opening?  What's it generally look like by 11am or so?  We have about a 3 or 3.5 hour journey so trying to work out how early to leave.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, ianlash said:

It’s an unknown as it doesn’t normally open until midday on the Thursday. It’s opening earlier this year due to the check for COVID. 

We’ve turned up Friday morning before and still found space in family camping but the size of each campsite has also changed this year. 

although that is correct about it being unknowing - I can fill you in about the Wednesday ' even although the gates don't open until the Thursday ' as there is a lot of vehicles that parks up in various areas outside  - We had a crew parking pass so could enter on the Wednesday but was surprised at the amount waiting - so really even although entry condition has changed this year its likely there will be lots keen to get in as soon as they can. I suspect with COVID-19 entry requirements this may slow things down even more  { if they are checking at point of entry }  so really the sooner the better.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Damn you!! I wanted early shifts! 😄 

Don't we all! Just hope this isn't it and  I've ruined my chance of ever getting the Holy Grail, Glastonbury earlies. 

Just thankful I've got an understanding boss who knows how much festivals mean to me. 

12 hours ago, rseamer said:

Obviously every year is different but generally whilst some turn up for gates there’s a gentle stream of people all day and evening. 

I worked last time on Chloe's Gate on the Thursday (8-4 even though gates weren't open which meant a very easy first half of the shift) and there was never a point where it was that busy. Don't know if it got busier later as people finished work? Hardly any were waiting for gates to open. 

7 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Looking like a festival friendly forecast 😁 not too hot, little bit of cloud cover, warm evenings - potential thunder storm ĺate Sunday night into Monday morning but could easily change before then😉

Screenshot_20210716-121958.jpg

That is looking absolutely perfect. Right down to warm evenings, which will make a change from the northern festivals when that extra few degrees makes a big difference when the sun has gone down!

So Leeds festival have just updated their covid-19 requirements, and it also mentions that lateral flows only last for 72hours, advising everyone to bring spare tests with them to the festival. I know a few on here suggest that theyre only needed for those leaving the site, but it certainly doesn't read like that to me?

"If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 72 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 72 hour period. DON’T FORGET TO BRING SPARE LATERAL FLOW TESTS WITH YOU FOR THE WEEKEND!"

28 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So Leeds festival have just updated their covid-19 requirements, and it also mentions that lateral flows only last for 72hours, advising everyone to bring spare tests with them to the festival. I know a few on here suggest that theyre only needed for those leaving the site, but it certainly doesn't read like that to me?

"If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 72 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 72 hour period. DON’T FORGET TO BRING SPARE LATERAL FLOW TESTS WITH YOU FOR THE WEEKEND!"

One thing rightly testing before you go. Can't see people complying with this honestly if not showing symptoms...

Risking being thrown out of festival on final day and your mates are close contacts? If you travelled together how do you get home?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How does the NHS app work? Am I right in thinking that if one person reports that they tested positive and it can be pinpointed to the festival, then all 40,000 attendees (or any of those with the app) would be expected to self-isolate?

It uses Bluetooth to detect if you've been close enough to someone who has tested positive for a long enough period of time. Well, at least if your phone has been close enough to their phone. 

So no, it wouldn't necessarily ask all 40,000 to isolate. 

The Latitude guidance is: 

Will I be required to re-test?

If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hour period.

If you leave the site during the festival on Saturday and Sunday, when you return you will be required to demonstrate your valid COVID Status. Please ensure that you upload your re-test to the NHS website.

So the only place you'll have to demonstrate your status is on the gates. If you leave during the festival and your status has expired then you'll need to retest. If you're not leaving then there's nowhere else you'll need to demonstrate status so no actual need to retest.

Interesting how this might affect car travellers on Monday i.e. if you need to do two trips to the car on Monday morn and haven't retested, will they let you back in?