Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

18 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Definitely a risk, and one I may live to regret. I've actually had the ticket for the cricket long before I had a Latitude ticket and really wasn't concerned until the last few days. 

I also live with a mate that works in pubs so I always feel quite at risk. 

The thing is, I really don't want to triage my social events. As stupid as that sounds. Crossing everything and doing everything by the book. 

I think the cricket is something you can mitigate- so much more open than a football stadium. If any indoor bits for drinks just send someone else to get them, hang back and don't get on the public transport til a bit after everyone else etc if you've got time. I think you'll be fine 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think the cricket is something you can mitigate- so much more open than a football stadium. If any indoor bits for drinks just send someone else to get them, hang back and don't get on the public transport til a bit after everyone else etc if you've got time. I think you'll be fine 

Great ideas!
I'll be with my brother so I don't think he'll mind, given the circumstances.

I honestly wasn't even worried until a minor scare two hours ago. We live in a weird world right now...

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I know so many people to have caught Covid recently. 

I'm going to the cricket on Sunday, then to see Seasick Steve on Tuesday and I am terrified that I will not be attending Latitude as a result. 

Right. That's the boot for you wrapped in a polythene sheet.

🤧😷🥶

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I watched swim deep at 110 above in 2019 - found them extremely dull despite liking some of their music 

Swim Deep are OK - wasn't sure they were still going.

They are great friends with Wolf Alice and Austin used to go out with Ellie Rowsell, so might be interesting to see if any of WA pitch up on stage with them.

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Mr jukes has been added, brilliant. It is the solo name of Jack steadman from bombay bicycle club. It isn't really anything like BBC, it is very funky and soulful. A fantastic addition to the lineup. 

Loved the Mr Jukes album, but not so much his recent singles with rapper Barney Artist, who he's listed with here.

On a very different vibe, Sam Lee has a good take on trad folk, with plenty of acclaim eg https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/feb/01/sam-lee-old-wow-review-bernard-butler-elizabeth-fraser.

Regressive Left, in the Ballroom, ought to go down pretty well with the eFests crowd, like a lo-fi LCD with leftie lyrics.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Copperface said:

Yep, I didn't go in 2019 but the group I'm with did and they said that the layout had changed in 2019. We're normally to the right as you come in through the gate near a tree somewhere (drunken landmark), right next to the campervans. I don't mind the walk in so much but have got used to having a decent amount of space there. So it'll be new for me as well if it has radically changed.

Ah the tree 😅 such a festival description - I'll meet you by the tree!  It really wasn't too different in 19 to 18, just shifted up the land a bit... plenty of new trees for you to camp near as part of general camping is definitely in some of the old CV fields.

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I know so many people to have caught Covid recently. 

I'm going to the cricket on Sunday, then to see Seasick Steve on Tuesday and I am terrified that I will not be attending Latitude as a result. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

We are pretty much fully isolating since Saturday to make sure we get to Latitude. Supermarket and walks only 

Fully get both these comments - part of my yesterday's wobble was due to a positive case on a site I was working at; I had had zero contact with the person, luckily!  But the site management had no protocols or plan in place of what to do in that situation.  So I contacted my agent (I'm a temp) and removed myself from the situation immediately, agreed with the agent that I can add 5 more days to my leave so I too am staying the hell away from all people until next Weds 😅 

Partner is WFH anyway & we're fairly antisocial in our day to day living so perfectly happy at home.

Both fully vaxxed but I'm still doing daily LFT just in case! 

Joe Lycett though added today 😁😁😁 very pleased with that!

This time next week we'll be set up, gins flowing (other beverages are available😉) contemplating a saunter on down to the arena woohoooo!

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've just decided against going to a county match at Beckenham on Thursday. I was planning to travel by train then be picked up by Mrs Mackem en route to Latitude. I wasn't in the least bothered about the cricket (everyone at a county game's been double vaxxed for months!) but the chances of getting pinged on a 3-train journey in rush hour is looking quite high now. I had visions of getting the ping at the festival and having to self isolate in Suffolk (admittedly probably one of the easier counties to do it in)

3 hours ago, Diamond24 said:

This is what I'm wondering too. My partner needs a shower every day when at a festival, and I wasn't sure if you could go into the family camping to use the normal showers or whether you need to pay £50 for the luxury retreat. Seems like it might be that you have to pay. 

In the information about lake swimming it recommends showering afterwards and says the nearest showers are in the village - hopefully this isn't out of date info.  Maybe worth contacting them to find out?

21 hours ago, lemons said:

If someone is on a domestic holiday in Britain and they were to fall ill , what happens ? Are they removed from hotel or is there local plans in place for such scenarios? 

Basically this

21 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Isolate at the hotel at their expense or go home only using their own transport is what I got from the government's guidance for hotels that I just read. It's a hell of a risk 

But if that's not an option (lack of availability, unsuitable due to eg shared facilities say and not got their own transport) then the procedure is just to contact local Public Health department for advice. No idea what that advice might be as thankfully not had to do it yet

Just had early shifts (Oxfam) confirmed. Last minute, so bit of stress sorting extra time off, and it means i have to do the 350 mile trip in one day rather than splitting it over 2, but very happy. Not as good as Glastonbury early shifts, but it does mean my last one is on Friday and no overnights. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, copperbottom said:

100% with you on The Smile, that would be the best possible (feasible) outcome I reckon. Yorke's played Latitude before, right? Just did a search and it looks like he had a similar slot to Supergrass's this year in 2009 (12pm on the main stage), and a surprise solo set in 2015, so The Smile could rock up and open the Obelisk one morning, or tuck themselves away in the woods for people to stumble across...

I saw that set but it was well trailed. I think it's a great shout that Smile would want to play if they're free. And that they'd want to keep absolutely shtum about it. 

Edited by Mackem
  • Upvote 1

First time at Latitude, group of 5.  Is it worth turning up super early on Thursday to get a good spot?  Do people queue up before the 8am campsite opening?  What's it generally look like by 11am or so?  We have about a 3 or 3.5 hour journey so trying to work out how early to leave.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

In the information about lake swimming it recommends showering afterwards and says the nearest showers are in the village - hopefully this isn't out of date info.  Maybe worth contacting them to find out?

Seems they've updated the app now and the showers now aren't part of family camping. Screenshot_20210715-215719_Twitter.thumb.jpg.65804f5dd565b82d1f6274efedf5027f.jpg

IMG-20210715-WA0004.jpg

Edited by Diamond24

30 minutes ago, Gavin1973 said:

First time at Latitude, group of 5.  Is it worth turning up super early on Thursday to get a good spot?  Do people queue up before the 8am campsite opening?  What's it generally look like by 11am or so?  We have about a 3 or 3.5 hour journey so trying to work out how early to leave.  Thanks!

It’s an unknown as it doesn’t normally open until midday on the Thursday. It’s opening earlier this year due to the check for COVID. 

We’ve turned up Friday morning before and still found space in family camping but the size of each campsite has also changed this year. 

2 hours ago, Gavin1973 said:

Obviously every year is different but generally whilst some turn up for gates there’s a gentle stream of people all day and evening.