Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

12 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That really cannot be right on that map. General camping confined to two small areas (Red and Green) furthest away from the arena entrance?

Going to be problems capacity and space wise for general campers if that is anything to scale.  

I expect it is right, as it is not massively different to last time: https://www.latitudefestival.com/map/

It’s not ideal for general camping, but that walk is still not that long. And in terms of capacity, they know how many tickets they have sold for family v general. 

12 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That really cannot be right on that map. General camping confined to two small areas (Red and Green) furthest away from the arena entrance?

Going to be problems capacity and space wise for general campers if that is anything to scale.  

Yeah i initially thought the same, but then surely they alter the designated camping sections based on the amount of tickets sold?  Which would indicate however a lot more families have bought tickets than a few on this forum had suggested?

9 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Looking at the map it's pretty much the same as it was in '19....unsure if it's to scale or not though.  Walking through to the CV fields there seemed to be quite a lot of space in the general camping areas though, if that's any help?  The family CV fields are where general camping was in '18 then the following year everything was shuffled about - the family camping previously was way over the other side of the Forbidden Forrest & quite small, I think.  I presume  because it's branded as a family festival they have over the years increased the family camping areas😁  there will be plenty of space😉

19 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Which would indicate however a lot more families have bought tickets than a few on this forum had suggested?

Or that a lot more non-families have bought Family Camping tickets, on the grounds that the facilities are dramatically better than they are in General and you're camped much closer to the Arena..

Does look like they've taken out a big chunk of general camping on the right just before hollow tree way and handed that over to family campervans.  And Pink Moon has got bigger as well and taken some of GC as well.  Can't tell if our usual spot has now gone.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Or that a lot more non-families have bought Family Camping tickets, on the grounds that the facilities are dramatically better than they are in General and you're camped much closer to the Arena..

Good point! Never crossed my mind as the last place id want to camp at a festival is next to a young family.

It does say that you wont be allowed in unless you have an under 16 with you, whether or not they police that though is a different matter. 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Maybe, but you have to have someone 16 years old or younger in your group to camp in Family Camping.  They do check on entry too.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Or when General camping sold out for a while on the main site, people panicked and bought family? That was about a week I think 

Ok the most rudimentary of drawings 😅 but hopefully gives a bit of an idea of area/distances, based only on my hazy memory of '19 & a Google earth screen grab 😉

*Red marker - Obelisk *Orange marker - BBC tent *yellow - Sunrise *green - arena entrance *light blue - waterfront stage  *purple - general camping, a pathway kind of cuts that middle field in 2 with Family Campervans fenced off   *dark blue - general Campervans 

I can not stress enough that this is by no means an accurate representation if what you may find 😅😅😅

Screenshot_20210715-092648.png

18 minutes ago, ianlash said:

Maybe, but you have to have someone 16 years old or younger in your group to camp in Family Camping.  They do check on entry too.

Fair enough, probably not that then.

I still don't think they do themselves any favours by providing such a different level of provision between the two especially given they cost the same.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Fair enough, probably not that then.

I still don't think they do themselves any favours by providing such a different level of provision between the two especially given they cost the same.

Agreed.  I've only stayed in Family Camping and was shocked at what standard camping provides.  Even the facilities in Campervan aren't as good as Family, but most of those will have their own facilities.  By facilities, I mean the quality of the showers and toilets.

Anyway, we don't attend for the facilities!

Hello.

My weekend ticket is still available to £160 ONO. I forgot to say, IF you buy before 4pm tmrw, Im able to change the details on the ticket for you too, for piece of mind.

Same with the day ticket (£70 ONO).

Interested? DM me. 

I am kosher. Been a member on this forum for years. Im gutted to be missing out on what will be most likely one HELL of a party.

Never have kids. They only get ill.

1 hour ago, DirtyLurker said:

Looking at the map it's pretty much the same as it was in '19....unsure if it's to scale or not though.  Walking through to the CV fields there seemed to be quite a lot of space in the general camping areas though, if that's any help?  The family CV fields are where general camping was in '18 then the following year everything was shuffled about - the family camping previously was way over the other side of the Forbidden Forrest & quite small, I think.  I presume  because it's branded as a family festival they have over the years increased the family camping areas😁  there will be plenty of space😉

Yep, I didn't go in 2019 but the group I'm with did and they said that the layout had changed in 2019. We're normally to the right as you come in through the gate near a tree somewhere (drunken landmark), right next to the campervans. I don't mind the walk in so much but have got used to having a decent amount of space there. So it'll be new for me as well if it has radically changed.

Am I being a wally or are all the showers in family/pink moon/luxury/guest camping and other areas not accessible to general public?

I could’ve sworn there were showers in the village last time I went (2015, admittedly) but there’s none there on the map this time out. 

1 hour ago, bethannny said:

Am I being a wally or are all the showers in family/pink moon/luxury/guest camping and other areas not accessible to general public?

I could’ve sworn there were showers in the village last time I went (2015, admittedly) but there’s none there on the map this time out. 

Good spot, they have indeed vanished, which seems very odd indeed.  Moving to paid or family only showers would be a shitty thing to do

27 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I know so many people to have caught Covid recently. 

I'm going to the cricket on Sunday, then to see Seasick Steve on Tuesday and I am terrified that I will not be attending Latitude as a result. 

Honestly i’ve been sitting inside since the weekend. Not worth the risk in my opinion I guess you just have to weigh it up for your own circumstances but I think its definitely a risk for you.

3/6 of our group announced covid scares today (2 of us are chilling inside until the festival and the other one left just had covid) so stay safe 🙂

31 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I know so many people to have caught Covid recently. 

I'm going to the cricket on Sunday, then to see Seasick Steve on Tuesday and I am terrified that I will not be attending Latitude as a result. 

This is my biggest fear as well. I have 2 gigs this week (1 yesterday and 1 tonight) both socially distanced, relatively small venues etc but after that I'm not doing anything until Latitude. Whereas before I was worried about getting it because it could make me ill or worse now having been vaccinated but cases growing I'm worried because it will balls up my plans for Latitude!

The gig I went to last night was sold out but there were empty seats - possibly due to having to isolate?

The person I'm going to Latitude with is a teacher as well - so she's probably at higher risk of not being able to go than me, as my job has very little in person contact.

Keeping everything crossed!

Edited by rseamer

3 hours ago, bethannny said:

This is what I'm wondering too. My partner needs a shower every day when at a festival, and I wasn't sure if you could go into the family camping to use the normal showers or whether you need to pay £50 for the luxury retreat. Seems like it might be that you have to pay. 

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Honestly i’ve been sitting inside since the weekend. Not worth the risk in my opinion I guess you just have to weigh it up for your own circumstances but I think its definitely a risk for you.

3/6 of our group announced covid scares today (2 of us are chilling inside until the festival and the other one left just had covid) so stay safe 🙂

Definitely a risk, and one I may live to regret. I've actually had the ticket for the cricket long before I had a Latitude ticket and really wasn't concerned until the last few days. 

I also live with a mate that works in pubs so I always feel quite at risk. 

7 minutes ago, rseamer said:

<snip>

The thing is, I really don't want to triage my social events. As stupid as that sounds. Crossing everything and doing everything by the book. 

• Upvote 1