Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

Anyone done day camping before? Where would it be on the map?

We appreciate that sometimes getting home at the end of your day at a festival is not always easy, especially from our lovely site in Suffolk. Day ticket holders may therefore choose to stay overnight and travel the following morning.

For anyone wishing to camp in the Day Campsite, there will be a charge of £5.00 per person, payable on the day only. Basic facilities (toilets and drinking water) will be made available.

To access the Day Campsite you must also be in possession of a Day Ticket for the event. Access will be from 10:00hrs on the chosen day and you must vacate the event site by no later than 09:00hrs the following day

2 hours ago, Paulbusbloke said:

The last time I went it was on the way out towards the car park and bus /coach pick up points so technically you have left the main festival. There was a tap and a couple of thunder boxes.

Yeah looks about same this year

10 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Imagine it's a mixture of all those rseamer. 

I imagine the majority of time added will be confirming the vaccine/test checks though.

Think it's good they're pro-actively emailing attendees before to obtain information, seems a good idea to keep everything flowing nicely. 

Not had an email yet, what are they asking? Thanks!

5 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Not had an email yet, what are they asking? Thanks!

It came from ticketmaster end of last week, asking people their expected arrival times, transport mode, what proof they’ll be using (no. vaccinated attending). 

12 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Anyone done day camping before? Where would it be on the map?

We appreciate that sometimes getting home at the end of your day at a festival is not always easy, especially from our lovely site in Suffolk. Day ticket holders may therefore choose to stay overnight and travel the following morning.

For anyone wishing to camp in the Day Campsite, there will be a charge of £5.00 per person, payable on the day only. Basic facilities (toilets and drinking water) will be made available.

To access the Day Campsite you must also be in possession of a Day Ticket for the event. Access will be from 10:00hrs on the chosen day and you must vacate the event site by no later than 09:00hrs the following day

They might have changed it but last year it was just before you entered the main campsite IIRC, if you ask stewards or show your ticket I'm sure there will be someone to help out 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

How does it work with the separate arena and camping sections? Do you need to pass security each and every time you go from your tent to the arena? Any friendly dogs in attendance? 

You get a wristband on arrival as per usual and its checked on entrance to the arena and sometimes when you head back to the camping too (although after the headliners finish they usually don't bother) it will also be checked if you leave the Campsite to go to your car and then re-enter - you will get checked by security going in but they're mostly bag searches rather than them checking you, there's a no bag queue if you needed it though - never seen a dog in attendance but the sheep are always an famous part of the festival 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to the set times coming out so I can start thinking about some plans! 

Will be the first time I've been since The Black Keys headlined I think so I'm very excited. 

Just to be back, sitting in a field with a nice cold pint, listening to a band I've never heard of before... Bliss. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Really looking forward to the set times coming out so I can start thinking about some plans! 

Will be the first time I've been since The Black Keys headlined I think so I'm very excited. 

Just to be back, sitting in a field with a nice cold pint, listening to a band I've never heard of before... Bliss. 

Fully agree with those sentiments, except hopefully we won't be subjected to anything as dire as The Black Keys headline set, a band I love, but they didn't look as though they wanted to be on stage or even talk to each other.  Comfortably the worst headline set I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Plan is to do the app and stage times on our long train journey down on Wednesday! 

Any bands / acts that people recommend?  Have started listening to PVA, Swim School, Lucia & The Best Boys, Sinead O Brien.

Also are Black Honey / Dry Cleaning definitely going to clash with the headliners or does the sunset stage finish later. This clashfinder suggests it does finish later but I don't trust it as imagine there would be an avalance of people going to this stage post main stage headliner.

https://clashfinder.com/s/latitude2021/?

4 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Any bands / acts that people recommend?  Have started listening to PVA, Swim School, Lucia & The Best Boys, Sinead O Brien.

Also are Black Honey / Dry Cleaning definitely going to clash with the headliners or does the sunset stage finish later. This clashfinder suggests it does finish later but I don't trust it as imagine there would be an avalance of people going to this stage post main stage headliner.

If you like your female singer songwriters I'm a fan of Holly Humberstone and Orla gartland. Working mens club are great too 

So back in 2019 we ordered campervan ticket for 2020 Latitude which we normally do early - then buy weekend tickets a bit nearer the time. We rolled the ticket over till 2021, realised we couldn't go this year due to pre-arranged stuff and completely forgot. 

So this turned up in the post this morning and we've unfortunately got no use for it. We paid £40 for it so if anyone can make use of it let me know and we'd be happy to sell on. We're in St. Neots in Cambs but happy to post it on.

Lee

IMG_2264.jpg

Edited by lburrett

50 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

None of the Clashfinders is correct yet as they haven't announced the set times or even the sequence of acts.  The possibility of a complete nightmare clash (e.g. Chemical Brothers vs. Fontaines D.C. vs, Working Men's Club) still exists.  I'll update the one I'm responsible for as soon as we get set times, which on past performance may only be dripped out day at a time next week.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lemons said:

Downloaded the app last night and there was a site map. Family camping seemed to be huge. Not available anymore. Anyone else able to see it?

They actually put up 2 different maps, one under Maps and one under the Co-Op section on the Apple version of the App.  A friend of mine tweeted them about that and got a  reply to say they would sort it and it would be back on the app 'soon'.  The maps had different versions of Red Camping, both appreciably smaller than 2019.

33 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

They actually put up 2 different maps, one under Maps and one under the Co-Op section on the Apple version of the App.  A friend of mine tweeted them about that and got a  reply to say they would sort it and it would be back on the app 'soon'.  The maps had different versions of Red Camping, both appreciably smaller than 2019.

jxj3IzkNVkhJBqPuuFmO0_RLaJz42d2YMbflL4_IHbsLDg0VqneD3_t0-rfnPZHOJtmPdQCT2YXiTmPqlkJi3tvCEX5yJU3CCBkPcwmtXmhkOMhTYVYgR6LVUFq3CricwCXAiyDad1qLLTwvPJeLOshzfa0lo_bi4XDva26t3wc5zX7O2e69GVf_aRtRD5D4M9yy7LwKG7Msb8o9xNyBL1HKdViHFA7565X9r0LrGizKDw2VLv337hj4wfdo4uZIxl48ENu1RGtOVChxuYFvR7hH3kxCQxWYB15AWuIv_a18MZOmmespN_dhTEv105GRzNZI3y1AKbW8yrE6C2uB58Hck08uMi7wmwDHUPeg6ZrTRx2qFpmJuzkQKA6sSXPjCZfx0dAjtQGiYnetdokZjsCvdNzbvxCwLO63ckSL35tz6rEn6ikz2pW-R3BqRsivYB8w5cRbK0KKRX7xdS_J6RfbGfq53xL1RIqXrN8uo6324KSeSkS8UeNIZPjIHzPbOXRBrp6lbeAzZa0dDH3igwShZ1It1nmBhrbNrBxEEDImETVRea_hGUjA-gbkqZqbwYYmv3SYuMzpI76j8HmMAZynNEPxDiOtwG3w8Gd3a4WxNcFhvefVKdZX8LWtHm95ilvTXpMnZveghg3g_5635FVNsT9_S2nnAZt3OLY41T4Nqs6Hv7eZczQ91HURdYQVBlrdPUVRbR10atm4QZPVXJdS=w857-h564-no?authuser=0The one on the coop bit at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Born in the fifties said:

None of the Clashfinders is correct yet as they haven't announced the set times or even the sequence of acts.  The possibility of a complete nightmare clash (e.g. Chemical Brothers vs. Fontaines D.C. vs, Working Men's Club) still exists.  I'll update the one I'm responsible for as soon as we get set times, which on past performance may only be dripped out day at a time next week.

Agree the clashfinders are not correct. But do we know whether the Sunrise stage normally has a band after the main stage finishes? I think that is unlikely but the clashfinder I shared has assumed that so wondering if there was a reason why

5 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Agree the clashfinders are not correct. But do we know whether the Sunrise stage normally has a band after the main stage finishes? I think that is unlikely but the clashfinder I shared has assumed that so wondering if there was a reason why

The headliners for Sunrise start & end slightly earlier than the BBC & Obelisk stages - you can watch all of the set at the Sunrise and head over to catch the last few songs on the others if that's your bag.

Then as soon as the main stages finish at 11pm, the sunrise has late night acts - maybe a live act or two (usually electronic/hip-hop) followed by DJs until 3am

• Upvote 1

Has anyone ever cycled to the festival? Considering that as an option, probably after getting the train to Halesworth on the way, and then exploring the coast afterwards on the way back to Ipswich or beyond. Done that train/bike combo to Dutch festivals before, but that's obviously much easier/safer over there. 

The roads around site look quite treacherous and the 'not suitable for walking' on the website is a little offputting. Any first hand experience would be post welcome. Also, what's the bike storage like? 

Huge panicky wobble about attending ☹  the scenes in London on Sunday have left me very shaky - now I know Latitude, we're regulars, I know the festival goers aren't the same as those that were causing the mayhem in London but my current feelings are not what you need a week before gates open.

Double vaxxed but doing daily lateral flows out of an abundance of caution.

Partner has a compromised immune system & we have taken every possible precautions - literally socialized twice in the last 17 months, outdoors both times.

I'm sure once we get through the gates & set up that this fear will subside but now, right now, this minute I don't want to go & I hate myself for feeling this way.

Hello.

Unfortunately, due to my kid having a medical emergency, I am no longer able to go to this years Latitude. This is utterly gutting. For me.

But it could be great for YOU!!! I am selling my weekend ticket for £180. I also have a Friday Day ticket available which I will sell for £75.

I am not a tout. Those guys can fuck right off.

Interested? DM me ASAP.

Thanks.